An accident

Goodbye, forever.

HyunA has been tossing and turning on her bed for forever. She pulled out her cell and checked the time – 3.01AM. She was going mad. She was having a slight headache and she isn’t able to sleep, adding on to the pain. She looked around the room and the sleeping Jihyun before slowly and quietly getting up to her study table. She pulled out the chair and sat in front of the table.

 

Unknowingly, her thoughts wander to Junhyung and Hara’s conversation she has heard yesterday in the late morning. When I meet oppa, what should I say? She asked herself, she felt herself getting nervous. When was the last time oppa and I actually sat down to talk? She missed him – always did, never stopped. She smiled to herself as she thought of Junhyung.

 

She no longer felt upset, instead this time round, it was nervousness. The truth behind Junhyung and Hara’s relationship made her guilty. She had once again pulled Junhyung down into the deep waters like she always did. She felt sorry. She pulled out a piece of plain paper and wrote an apology letter to Junhyung.

 

Oppa, yesterday I had accidently heard the conversation you had with Hara unnie. I’m sorry for getting you into trouble again. But you should have told me about what Hong appa said, I would have talked to him instead. You shouldn’t take all the responsibility by yourself. I have a part to play too.

 

But still oppa, thank you. Thank you for protecting me, taking care of me and loving me.  I’m not worth all these. I’m sorry, and thankful for all the things you did for me. I love you, always did and still will.

 

She carefully folded the paper into half and placed it on her table. She felt better writing her feelings out. Slowly, her mind replayed all the memories she and Junhyung had - good and bad, happy and sad. She smiled to herself as she got up and went back to bed. The memories accompanied her in her sleep.

 


 

“HyunA yah.” HyunA heard Jihyun calling her. HyunA rubbed her eyes and slowly opened them. “Why unnie?” She asked the pretty bare faced leader. “Wake up, it’s 7.50 already.” Jihyun told her softly, trying to get her up. “What!?” HyunA jumped out of bed remembering that she’s suppose to meet Junhyung at 8. HyunA rushed into the toilet and quickly washed up while the leader just stood there laughing at her dongsaeng’s actions.

 


 

Unlike HyunA, Junhyung woke up early at 6 in the morning, excited for their meeting. He missed going to the coffee shop – they deemed as theirs – with her. He missed her, everything about her – her whines, her laughter, just everything. He laughed at his own silliness as he carefully got up from bed, not wanting to wake the other members up.

 


 

HyunA quickly grabbed her bag and phone, and a cardigan before rushing out of her dorm. Aish, I forgot – my letter! She hurried back into the dorm, grabbed her letter and rushed out of their dorm’s building. She looked at the time on her phone, 7.59AM. She sure is late. How am I going to get there in a minute? She whined to herself. She saw a cab and quickly got on. “Ahjusshi, *** coffee shop please.” HyunA said sweetly as she pulled out her cell. Oppa, I’m going to be late. Sorry. She send the message to Junhyung.

 

She quickly paid for her taxi fees, “Thank you ahjusshi!”, and got off the cab. She had asked the taxi driver to drop her off opposite the coffee shop since she was rushing for time. She looked out for the incoming cars as she fidgeted around. Finally, no cars. She smiled to herself as she crossed the road.

 

“Bang!”

 

A group of passersby gathered around the incident and looked at the young petite girl, lying on the floor in her own pool of blood as the driver got out of his car to check on the victim. Junhyung saw the commotion going on and decided to take a look. But what he saw, left him in shock and tears.