Second Edition

You Wrote It!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Hey, Seul! Congratulations on the latest news!"

"You must be happy dating Kim Taehyung, huh?"

"Wow, Taehyung sure is lucky to be dating a beauty like you~"

A group of boys from the same year cooed as they passed Seul by. She was hiding her face behind her thick Korean language textbook, praying that she would go unnoticed by the rest of her peers, or maybe even the whole school population. If Taehyung knew how much suffering he was causing her, he would've announced that the article was all his fault in a school assembly. Sadly to her, that didn't look like it was going to happen anytime soon.

It didn't help that she was heading to class now, and that her seat was behind his. Whywhywhwywhy. The world has cursed me! Seul made a horrifying groan in to her textbook, sending the students around her to look around for where the strange noise had come from. She continued on her way to her classroom with zero motivation to start the day. 

Considering that her face was buried in a book, she obviously had no idea who or what was in front of her. She just knew that she needed to keep walking straight to get to her classroom. No one would be stupid enough to bump in to her unless they were planned to mess with her. And that was exactly what happened after a few seconds.

Yoon Seul felt herself bump in to the sturdy chest of an unknown person. He must've been a male because of the height difference. She backed away a few steps before bowing down, face still hidden behind her book. Embarrassment was starting to flood her insides. She should've apologised instead of walking away like an unmannered introvert! She took a quick glance back to find that no one was behind her.

Thus she continued on her way, but her feet stopped when she reached the front of her classroom. She wanted to dig a deep hole and bury herself in it for the rest of the school day because the thought of being labeled as Taehyung's 'girlfriend' didn't appeal to her at all. She stood in front of the classroom spying on her classmates from her book, leaning against the wall like an awkward wallflower at a school prom.

"I didn't know watching other people was your side hobby." Taehyung's voice came from behind her.

"I-It's y-you!" Seul widened her eyes and propped herself further against the wall.

"Yeah? It's me, your stalker partner." He grabbed one side of her textbook, bending down to her height and mimicking how she was hiding earlier. "Who are we stalking today? Oh, how about Yook Sungjae  "

"Kim Taehyung, we are not stalking anybody!" Seul yanked her book away. "And how did you get here? I thought you were already in class."

"I was heading to the restroom, but this weird girl bumped in to me while I was going so I followed her instead." Taehyung winked at her.

Yoon Seul hid the blush on her cheeks with her book and entered the classrom at the same time with Taehyung. The minute they walked in together, they gained the attention of all their classmates. All of them started to clap their hands together and even Joshua was clapping which was unbelievable since he knew so well that the news was fake. After school, Seul was going to get her hands on him and his pendrive full of girl group fancams.

"Guys, we're actually  " 

Seul was interrupted when Taehyung grabbed her hand and neared his lips to her ear. "You really do have the memory of a goldfish, Yoon Seul." He pulled away, facing the crowd in their class. "What my girlfriend, Yoon Seul, actually wants to say is that we're really thankful for your support! Thanks everyone!"

Oh, she'd amost forgotten. She was supposed to be 'dating' him, all for the sake of her club. One wrong move and 'The Hanguk Gossip' could've been permanently disbanded. Yes, Seul could only heave a loud sigh in her mind. 

"Yeah, thanks..." She murmured, plopping down on her seat.

The first bell rung shortly after, signalling the start of class. Seul told herself she could get through this, it was going to be like a walk in the park. 

 

 

For the whole duration of class, Seul was extremely concious of the stares directed on her. It could've been the whole class staring at her but she didn't care. She didn't want all the attention directed at her. A few times when she'd lifted her head up she caught the eyes of a number of her classmates before immediatey averting her attention to the scenery outside the classroom window.

She knew what the whole class was expecting. They were expecting her and Taehyung to exchange notes or whisper in each other's ears or to sneak kisses on each other's cheeks but when they saw nothing of that happen they stared at Yoon Seul like she had a screw stuck in her head. It wasn't fair! They never acted like this when Joshua was dating Lee Eunseo who was in the same class as them!

"Is she okay? She looks dead."

"Kim Jiwon, are you dumb? She's breathing fine, she's just beyond levels of stress." Joshua explained.

"Water... please..." Seul, who had her face hidden away from her friends, reached a hand out.

"Here you go." Bobby passed her a bottle while he and Joshua watched her chug it down. "You're drinking like you've been stuck in a drought for years."

"I've been stuck in a drought of confusion." Seul shot up from her seat in a mess. "Guys, where did Taehyung go?" She noticed that the said boy's seat located in front of hers was empty.

"He just left when you were asking for water. He was smiling at your misery though. Actually, he was smiling at you even after I came back from the cafeteria. He looked like he'd been doing that the whole time." Joshua d his beardless chin knowingly, hinting at something Seul couldn't quite ge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter