Seventeenth Edition

You Wrote It!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Seul, did you really not hear what I said? On the ride just now?"

"For the last time, I told you I really didn't! If you're so set on finding out, then why don't you just repeat it to my face?"

Seul swiftly turned around and hung her head backwards to look up at Taehyung with a glare directed at him. They had already been on four rides after the Viking, but each time they finished one ride he would ask her if she heard him to which the girl always replied with a 'no'. Now it was already getting late and they were planning to head home in a while.

They couldn't just leave like this, Taehyung told himself he wasn't going to allow it. It was like the world was against him today, why weren't his intentions getting noticed at all? He couldn't confess now, he didn't want to get killed a second time. And it was unfitting when they were with her friends. This could have been his last chance to tell her.

Taehyung glanced at the peddling ride above them before taking Seul's hand. "This won't do. See that peddling ride? Let's go there."

The line for the ride was short because it was near closing time. They had about thirty minutes to spare. A theme park employee led them to their two seater cart. Once the both of them were seated, they started peddling at their own pace. The first few seconds were silent and their faces were turned away from each other, as if two strangers were riding together.

"I can't believe tomorrow is Sunday already. The day's almost over." Taehyung stated, trying to sound as calm as possible. 

"No kidding. Who decided that a weekend was only supposed to last for two days, right?" Seul sighed in exasperation. "Today was extremely tiring. I can't believe we spent a whole day together. I saw you in the morning and it's already ten at night. Don't think about coming to my house tomorrow, Kim Taehyung. I know that my mom will gladly invite you in again, and I don't want her to think there's something between us."

She's at it again, Taehyung thought bitterly. "Why not?"

It took quite some time for Seul to think. "Well... because we're already in a fake relationship. We always fake these sweet things at school like we're a real couple. I don't want her to start spreading this to all her friends."

"I'm not just talking about your mom, Seul," Taehyung stared at her seriously, "I mean why don't you want anyone to think that there's something between us?"

"Yah, Kim Taehyung, why are you looking at me like that?" 

"You're right, I'm making such a big deal out of this fake relationship. Don't answer that question if you don't want to." Taehyung turned his head to face the front and peddled faster. Questions kept popping up in his mind and he turned to her again. "But, what if... just what if... I confessed to you, and I told you I liked you... what would you say? This is just a what if."

Seul's cheeks changed from her usual peachy colour to bright red. "W-What?" She stuttered and he could see her fidgeting with her fingers nervously. "I... I... would think about it first, o-of course. Why would you confess to me though? I've pushed you away so many times, I'm always short tempered towards you and I accused you of writing the article without any solid evidence. Even if we dated for real, how do you know it will work out?"

I know it, because I will love you with all my heart, Yoon Seul. Taehyung's hand reached to cup one side of her face. He opened his mouth to say something, but the colourful lights that illuminated around them stopped him from doing so. He continued to let his hand stay there and Seul widened her eyes at him, the expression on her face, one mixed with confusion and perhaps, from the way her eyes seemed to glisten, fondness? Their legs slowed down on peddling and they let the cart stop in the middle of the tracks. Just once, he wanted to let her witness the softest side there was to him. This was only for Yoon Seul.

"You never know." The words came out as a gentle whisper from his mouth, it's meaning holding on to so many mysteries left undiscovered by the both of them. It was their decision if they wanted to venture further in to this meaning or to stay at the point they were currently at forever.

Taehyung didn't know about Seul, but he really wanted to venture further.

 

 

 

It was already eleven by the time Taehyung reached home. The apartment was dark and empty with his parents being away. He switched on the lights. He dumped his wallet and jacket on the couch as he the television. His favourite variety show was on, but he couldn't fully concentrate on it, not when he was so close to revealing his feelings for Seul. He was lucky he brushed it off as a joke afterwards because during that moment where they were staring at each other he really felt like he'd been possessed by something.

"Stupid, Kim Taehyung, you're so stupid." He hit himself once on the head. "Why did you confess on the Viking? Why didn't you take Seungcheol's advice about doing it on the other ride? Stupid idiot! I messed up so bad!"

Taehyung fell sideways on the couch, frowning. He was going to need to come up with a plan to make Seul fall for him. There must have been a bill

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter