Final Edition

You Wrote It!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"I can't believe you guys are already graduating!" Sana whined, wrapping Seul, who was dressed in her graduation robes, in a tight hug. "School is going to be so boring without you Seul. How am I going to get through it with this guy?" she gave Bambam a side eye.

"You're overreacting a whole lot today," Bambam stuck out his tongue at her. "Hyungs, I'm not that bad, right?"

Joshua, Seungcheol and Bobby were at the doorway of the clubroom, all with smiles on their faces while they nodded at Bambam to satisfy the younger boy. They were in their graduation robes too as they watched the dramatic scene between the only two girls in their club unfold. All of them had mixed feelings of happiness and sadness for finally being able to take a break of studying but having to separate from their friends and the club they had been so invested in throughout their time in high school.

Graduation day was today, on a winter morning in early January. She was supposed to meet Taehyung but he wasn't here yet, given that they agreed to meet up in twenty minutes. Seul had come here early on purpose to have a last look at the clubroom of 'The Hanguk Gossip' and she had bumped in to all her members the minute she opened the door. So this was how she ended up in this teary hug with Sana that seemed like it wasn't going to end anytime soon.

"Yah, are you going to keep me here forever?" Seul smiled, patting her friend's back. "I'm going to miss you two a lot. As the President, you have to do your best to keep the club going, okay? And you have to work well with Mingyu and Hayoung too, since they're going to be the new Vices."

"Of course, we've been getting along lately. Taehyung made a good suggestion in joining the two clubs together," Sana pulled away, wiping the small tear at the corner of her eye. "You have to visit us, okay?"

"We'll go out often whenever you guys have time, so don't worry about it," Seul assured.

"Plus," Seungcheol spoke up, walking over to Sana and slinging an arm around her shoulder, bringing the wide-eyed girl close to him, "I feel like we should tell you guys on our last day. Sana and I, we're dating."

"You've been dating in secret without telling us?" Joshua hung his mouth open. "Yah, the both of you! I feel really betrayed right now."

"It's only been like two weeks? We figured that it would be a good time to tell you guys now," Sana circled her arms around Seungcheol's waist.

"I should find a girlfriend too, everyone's starting to date one by one," Bobby frowned, turning to Seul. "Seul-ah, can you set the both of us up on a blind date?"

Seul shrugged at them, grinning. "I'll see. If I meet any girls at university, then sure, I'll tell them about my two desperate guy friends."

"Alright, we should get going, don't you guys think?" Seungcheol gestured to the the doorway with his chin. "We need to go now."

The four of them bid the two juniors goodbye, reminding them that they would see each other after the ceremony. The gymnasium was a building by itself on the campus. They exited the main school building, chatting amongst each other and sharing laughs. On the way to the hall, they finally ran in to Taehyung, Jimin and Kento. All seven of them came face to face. Once Taehyung was in front of his girlfriend, he broke out in to a huge smile.

"Woah, look at all of us. We're no longer going to be kids anymore, huh?" Jimin sighed once looking at everyone in their robes. "I'm going to tear up, but at the same time, I'm glad I won't have to wake up early anymore."

"We all know you just want to play computer games all night," Kento rolled his eyes before Jimin decided to capture the boy in a headlock.

"Yah, yah, let's stop fooling around and go in!" Joshua ushered them in the hall without further ado, except for Taehyung and Seul, leaving them outside.

"Nervous?" Taehyung asked.

"At first, yes. But now that you're here, less," Seul took a step closer to him, reaching her hands up to sweep his bangs away from his eyes. "Why's your hair so messy? Did you just wake up or something?"

"Is it? I woke up a little late today," Taehyung grabbed her wrists, setting them down and moving his hands to hold hers instead. "I rode my bike here, super fast. I thought I wouldn't be able to see you before the ceremony started." He turned his head to look at the people entering the gymnasium. "Are you ready?"

"Let's go," Seul nodded, holding onto his hand a little tighter.

The hall was filled with excited seniors in the front, a sea of students dressed proudly in their grand robes. At the back rows were parents who were yet to all arrive which was fine because there was technically still half an hour before everything would begin. Seul and Taehyung's parents were among the ones not present, but they had already assured them they were on their way. Surely they wouldn't want to be late for their kids' graduations.

Seul and Taehyung spotted their classmates sitting in their own row from afar and made their way over. Taehyung had his fingers locked with Seul's, even daring to shamelessly swing their hands back and forth in front of all their peers. Seul felt like hiding herself with all the unexpected attention being directed at them, but when Taehyung turned around to check if she was alright, giving the most cheerful smile only meant for her, then it became the only thing she could focus on.

Everything seemed to be playing out in slow motion   the way they were walking down the aisle with Taehyung pulling her along with him. Seul had to admit it was as if they were going to get married, but that must have been just her fantisizing too much. They were only eighteen after all and they still had many obstacles one encounters in a relationship, waiting for them in the future, and also the wonderful surprises of dating.

Taehyung dropped Seul off at her seat because they had to sit in order of surnames and Kim was nowhere close to Yoon.

Taehyung stood in front of her, holding both of her hands, grazing his thumb over the back of her hand. "Would it be too much if I kissed you on stage?"

Their classmates sitting on either side of Seul turned to stare at them at the same time. Seul could only bow her head to apologise before she gave him a playful kick in the shin. "Yah, do you think we're getting married?"

Taehyung shrugged, leaning close to her. He stopped when his lips were inches from touching her ear and she could imagine him saying this with a smirk on his face. "Married, in another few years, maybe? Definitely." He pulled away and was satisfied at her flustered reaction. "I'll see you after the ceremony, baby." Giving her a soft pinch on the cheek, he went over to his seat further down the row.

The ceremony started with the principal delivering his speech, then it moved on to two representatives of each class delivering their speeches. For Seul's class, Joshua and Jisoo were the chosen ones to stand on stage. Finally, it was time for the seniors to accept their graduation certificates. There was a loud round of claps for every student who came up on stage and Seul was no exception. She could hear her friends cheering for her and somewhere in the crowd she could hear her father shout something along the line sof being 'proud' and her mother was probably bursting pictures of everything on her phone. Taehyung watched his girlfriend from the side of the stage, head slightly tilted to the side and a look full of admiration plastered on his face.

A number of students later, Taehyung came up on stage. The reactions he received were no different. Kento and Jimin were screaming his name below as if they were part of his fanclub. It was slightly embarrassing, but since today was a special day, he decided he would let them off the hook and return a shout when it was their turn on the stage.

Each class had to come up on stage to take a class picture and once that was done, all the students were dismissed. It was chaotic with Taehyung's parents calling him over for pictures, then them calling Seul over for a picture, then a bunch of his friends. Seul's parents would call Seul over for pictures, then they would ask Taehyung to join too. They guessed everyone knew that they were a thing now.

"Taehyung-ah, why on earth are you looking so stiff?" Seul's chided him, gesturing for him to move closer. "Go on now, you can do what you want."

"I'm still watching," Seul's father, who was standing next to the woman, added. 

"Ah dad, seriously!" Seul frowned although she knew her father was joking.

Taehyung slowly brought his arm around Seul, closing the distance between their shoulders. Still, Seul could feel how reluctant he was to show skinship in front of her parents, which she understood. He was only trying to be respectful and that was one of the traits she loved about him. 

"Don't be so nervous, my parents love you and you know that," she reassured him.

"But... I don't want to do any   "

"Mom, take a good shot of this," Seul turned her head and Taehyung followed, thinking that she merely stare at him, but she brought his head down so their lips could meet. There was no movement, it was a brief kiss that lasted a few seconds as the both of them closed their eyes.

"Heol, the two of you are giving me diabetes!" Seungcheol's voice yelled before five boys came invaded the frame of their picture. 

"Yah, don't you guys have pictures to take with your families?" Taehyung pouted, salty at the fact that the kiss was short.

"We did take pictures! My mom made me do the same pose for ten minutes," Kento complained and the others nodded, saying that their parents had done the same.

"Hyungs, noona! Wait for us, we want to be in it too!" Jungkook was running over to them from the main school building along with Mingyu, Bambam, Sana, Joy and Hayoung following him.

"You guys are so late, where were you?" Taehyung asked.

"Our teacher let us out late, that good for nothing old man," Mingyu whispered under his breath. 

"Yah, Kim Mingyu, watch your words," Hayoung nudged him.

"Okay, let's take the best picture now," Jimin clapped his hands together, gathering everyone's attention. "Don't worry Taehyung, we won't separate you and Seul. The both of you can be the main focus of the picture."

"All of us should do really funny poses," Seul suggested and everyone agreed.

"Get ready guys," Joshua raised a hand. "Aunty, take a lot of pictures please!"

Everyone put on their biggest smiles. In one of the later shots, a single tear had trickled down Seul's cheek as she recalled her high school memories that she would miss, even the troublesome ones like having to make sure her uniform was worn neatly and to wake up in the wee hours of the morning. Their loud chats in the cafeteria, in the classroom, the clubroom, to the point where their teacher threatened to make them hold their chairs over their heads, she could take days to recount everything.  Her first and last high school graduation. She was going to r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter