Thirty First Edition

You Wrote It!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The trip to Taiwan ended sooner than the students would have liked. There were still so many sights to see and things to do, none of them really wanted to return home where they would have to resume the remaining moments of their high school lives studying for their upcoming final exams that would determine if they would get in to the best universities around the country. They wished that they had more of an opportunity to spend time together like this, as nineteen year olds, making countless memories together. 

But Seul figured that they would still have to go back eventually to face the upcoming challenges that youth would bring them. When all of them landed in back in Korea on a Saturday and went back to school on Monday, everyone was still on the topic of Kim Hanbin. Her classmates came up to her to sympathise on how hard it must have been for her to be involved in this. She wondered if they could have been just secretly glad that she hadn't been dating Taehyung for real.

"I can't believe it, that little rascal was so sly. How could he even think of doing that?!"Seungcheol continued his angry rant, like he had been doing for the past five minutes. "We shouldn't have accepted him, I'm glad he's not part of our club anymore. Good riddance!"

The members of 'It's Trending' and 'The Hanguk Gossip' were crowded around in the latter's clubroom after school. It was a pleasant autumn afternoon and they let the windows open to allow the breeze to come in. Some of them were sat around the large table they had in the room for meetings, while others like Mingyu and Jungkook, resorted to sitting on Joshua's desk just to piss him off. 

All of them had been distributing the souvenirs from Taiwan a little while ago. They were back on the subject of Hanbin only because Seungcheol decided to bring it up. After he finished letting everything out, a silence overcame the room. Seul observed some obvious downcast expressions and some indifferent ones that were trying to conceal the sadness. She sighed, looking down at her lap. 

Taehyung, who was unsurprisingly sitting next to her, raised his hand to hold hers, interlacing their fingers together. He knew that the both of them were going to miss this place, even if they used to complain about how they hated school. The wonderful teachers, friends and memories they were going to be leaving behind made them think twice about thinking that Hanguk High was a hell hole.

"You all look so down," Joshua crossed his arms as he stared at them. "Lighten up, it's not like we aren't going to be seeing each other anymore."

"But we're going to go separate ways, to different universities, different paths... We won't be seeing each other as much, unless we all manage to get in to the same university which is highly unlikely," Kento said and the other nodded in agreement.

"Well, I'm going to Ehwa when I graduate and that's a women's only university so you do have a point," Sana sighed.

"Ehwa? Why?" Seungcheol stared at the girl with confusion. "I thought you said you were going to Korea University."

Before Sana could give the inquiring boy a reply, Joshua clapped his hands together. "Alright! Enough talking about universities! It's only going to destroy the mood."

"We can still each other during vacation," Jungkook spoke up.

"Yeah, Jungkook's right," Taehyung smiled reassuringly, nodding his head. "Also, in two weeks we're going to assigning new positions. I don't think us seniors can get as involved in both of the clubs anymore with the exams. As the Presidents of each respective club, Seul and I will handle it."

"Are you sure you're going to handle it or do something else?" Jimin snickered.

"They're definitely going to be doing something else." Seungcheol said, puckering his lips to mock them. "You know, at Taiwan   "

Seungcheol was silenced with with a chalkboard duster being thrown to his head and surprisingly the culprit was not Taehyung.  Taehyung glanced back at Seul who shrugged in return as if she hadn't done anything. 

 

 

After school, when most of the students left the campus and the corridoors were still and silent, Seul and Taehyung found themselves to be the only ones in the classroom. The windows were open, causing the white curtains to sway and allowing the autumn breeze to enter the room. There really was no other sound except for the birds chirping and the whispers of the wind.

Seul had agreed with Taehyung that they would discuss what was to come for their clubs since the latter had suggested it to her first. So far she seemed to the person actually writing things down while her boyfriend, who had just come from the cafeteria, was busy trying to find scissors to poke their yoghurt drinks with. She watched him unamusedly as he checked under every desk in the classroom (even hers) to no avail. 

"Why didn't you get straws at the cafeteria?" She asked him.

"I thought the straws were attached to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter