Thirty Second Edition

You Wrote It!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next few months leading up to their final examinations in November were mostly spent in school. The seniors would come in the early morning, continue lessons as usual, but with a little more pressure from the teachers. In the afternoon at around four, when school was dismissed, they remained in school for extra night classes. There were a small few who attended private academies during this time.

Seasons passed like a rolling strip of film. The orange leaves were no longer on the tree branches and the temperature in Seoul dropped. The school grounds were covered in fallen leaves which the teachers would probably assign the students to sweep after school. Everyone wore their own jackets and coats over their school uniforms. Honestly, it was a hassle for Seul to have to wear so many layers of clothing every morning.

She had lost count of how many hours she had dedicated to studying. Her notebooks were full of sticky notes, book markers, highlighting   you name it. It was that way for all her subjects, even the ones she disliked. She liked her notes to be detailed, but easy to understand for her little brain. Decorating her notes allowed her to take some stress off her shoulders, to enjoy doing something else other than burying her face in her textbook when the teacher's back was turned to the class. Lately, that seemed to be what all the seniors were up to. 

Study, study, study. Seul sighed, looking out of the classroom window from her desk. I wouldn't be surprised if I saw another book flying out of the window today. She snickered, remembering how the boys from the neighbouring class were so frustrated with studying to the point they baseball pitcher style threw their textbooks out of the window from the fourth floor. It was funny how Mr. Lee, furiously, followed them all the way down as they went to retrieve their books with lowered heads.

School had just ended, though she must have not heard the ringing of the final bell. She saw some students below her year walking out of the school, chatting away. Ah, how lucky. I want to walk out of this hellhole smiling too.

"Look at all of them walking out, enjoying their youth," a voice remarked rather tiredly, "I want to be a second year again."

"You're still young, Taehyung. We're just a year older than them," Seul rolled her eyes. "How are the History notes I passed to you? Are they useful? You haven't been playing games instead of studying, right?"

"Don't worry, I'm not stupid. No one's playing games these days anyway, not that I know of. I don't even see Kento and Jimin playing and they're really big Overwatch enthusiasts. Jungkook kept pestering them to play yesterday, but they were persistent in studying," Taehyung recalled. "And I'm using your History notes well, I know a lot about the Three Kingdoms of Korea now. Let's see there's... Gorguryeo, Baekje and Silla."

Seul let out an impressed 'wow', grinning at Taehyung. "Not bad, Kim Taehyung."

"I still have more to study, my parents came back last week and they won't cut me any slack," Taehyung peered over at Seul, noticing that his girlfriends appearance appeared more worn out than usual. She was bleary-eyed, her hair was tied in to a messy bun and there were crumbs on the side of , as if she had a quick lunch at her seat before resuming her studying.

Taehyung could relate, although his situation was not as bad as Seul's. He still managed to get a resonable amount of sleep but there was no doubt that he lacked the energy. It was a given since they had to have their butts glued to a chair for more than eight hours, five days in a week. There were high desks behind the classroom where students could go stand at with their books while studying but Taehyung never paid attention to those. He would just fall asleep on his table.

A small smile crept on his lips as his thumb reached out to swipe the crumbs from the corner of Seul's mouth. He placed a hand on top of her head, admiring her beauty in this time of turmoil. He wondered if it would be cheesy to tell her that when he looked at her like this, he felt like he could stay up all night studying.

Seul's hands took ahold of his wrist and she brought his hand to cup the side of her face. The warmth of his palm on her cheek gave her comfort. she wanted to spend the whole night holding his hand close to her. Moments like this were what they found themselves cherishing the most, alongside the time spent with their friends. She loved the secret skinship they managed to sneak in between studying times.

Taehyung turned his head to look around the classroom, a majority of their classmates had gone off for their break. It was the both of them, plus another two students dozing off on their desks, heads buried in their folded arms. He looked at the darkening sky outside. 

"Those rascals already took off without us," Taehyung frowned, referring to Joshua, Bobby and Seungcheol.

"Isn't that a good thing? That leaves the two of us, no interruptions," Seul spoke, followed by a low rumble seconds later. "Aish, this stupid stomach of mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter