Third Edition

You Wrote It!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

 

Yoon Seul found herself exiting the clubroom along with Taehyung, both of them carrying unsatisfied looks on their faces. Taehyung had just finished interviewing Hanbin, and needless to say, it didn't go as well as she'd hoped for it to go. She had tried pulling him out of his seat during the interview, but the damn boy was persistent to stay through the end of it.

"Why..." Seul took a deep breath, readying herself to explode. "Why did you ask him what his favourite colour was?! What does that have to do anything related to the club, Kim Taehyung?!"

"Ahh  speak softer, will you?" Taehyung frowned at her and slung his arm over her shoulder as he cupped . "You're attracting a lot of eyes. And for your information, that wasn't the only question I asked. If you think about it, I actually asked him some journalist-related questions!"

Seul didn't hesitate to yank Taehyung's hand off of . "Asking him if he has ever read a playboy magazine before, is not a question."

The door behind them suddenly slid open, revealing Kim Hanbin who had just finished up filling in his information for the club. Hanbin casually glanced over to Taehyung for a few seconds before fixing his eyes on Seul, where a grin spread across his face. He shamlessly came in between them and Seul had to raise her head backwards because of how close he was standing in front of her. 

"Seul noona, I'm looking forward to working with you."

Seul sealed her lips together and widened her eyes before she nodded her head at him ever so slowly. She caught Taehyung having his arms crossed behind Hanbin, obviously glaring daggers at his back. For playing a fake boyfriend role, he sure was doing a pretty good job at it. But Seul didn't want to be too in to her fake girlfriend role, just because she was still carrying a grudge towards Taehyung for allegedly writing the article about them. 

Her and Taehyung weren't actually dating, so she had the right to be friendly with other guys.

"I-I'll look forward to it too. Remember to come for the meeting next week..." Seul stuck her hand out, "and congratulations for being an official member of 'The Hanguk Gossip'. We're glad to have you as a member."

Before Hanbin could grab on to her hand though, Taehyung nudged him out of the way. "Yoon Seul, we're going to have a date, right? You said it yourself. Seven in the evening, at Namsan Park."

Seul could only blink at him. She'd never told him that, but she found herself nodding mindlessly at his question for her. 

"A date, huh?" Hanbin turned to Taehyung. "Taehyung sunbae, you're doing a good job as Seul noona's boyfriend. Were you the one who wrote the article about the two of you dating?" There was a mocking tone in the way Hanbin spoke to him, as if he was trying to irk Taehyung on purpose.

"I don't know who wrote that article." Taehyung's face remained stoic. "You're a second year, aren't you? Shouldn't you be having a briefing right now for your upcoming field trip?" He pointed to Sooyoung who had sped down the hallway, probably only realising now that she was running late for the meeting.

"Mhm, I guess I should be going now." Hanbin raised his hand to give Seul a friendly wave. "Bye, Seul noona." 

When Hanbin had disappeared out of their sights, Taehyung sighed a breath of relief. Seul suspiciously turned towards him and started to examine his every move without a word. It was clear the boy had something against Kim Hanbin, but she didn't know what. Plus, it was already puzzling that Taehyung was caring about the issues of his rival team. This made Seul suspect him more, because a culprit would always try to avert the attention of the victim. Right now, he was trying to distract her by butting in her business!

"Kim Taehyung," Taehyung turned around only to be met by an inquiring Yoon Seul who had her face neared to his, "why exactly are you doing this?"

A culprit would always try to feign innocence. It was a typical gesture.

"Doing what?" Taehyung stared down at her.

"Why are you suddenly wanting to poke your nose in 'The Hanguk Gossip'? I mean, shouldn't you be worrying about your own club? You still need to decide who's going to run the club in the future and what articles you're going to write for next month!" Seul raised her eyebrows. "You're acting awfully fishy..."

Taehyung placed a finger on Seul's forehead as he roughly pushed her back. "And you're acting awfully delusional."

Seul, with her head still hung backwards from the push, murmured under her breath. "Jerk..."

There came no answer after that and it was then that Seul realised Kim Taehyung was walking away from her the whole time she had her head hung backwards like a statue. Her cheeks heated up in embarrassment. KIM TAEHYUNG!

 

 

"Yoon Seul?" Seul jumped in surprise at the voice next to her ear. She turned her head to find the owner of the school bookshop, a lovely old woman in her mid sixties   Mrs. Choi   staring at her.

"Good to see you, Mrs. Choi." Seul gave the lady a short nod of her head as a greeting, resuming herself to hide behind the large newspaper she'd stolen from Joshua's work desk. Her eyes observed the students reaching for the magazines of 'It's Trending' instead of 'The Hanguk Gossip'. It was already the second week since the article and students were still hyped up about the news.

How long would it take for it to die down anyway? If the sales were going to continue at this rate, then her club might as well start to contemplate on disbanding themselves. But Seul knew her friends would explode and she knew she was too attached to the club she'd nurtured for three years. There was no way she could muster the bravery to give it all up. They had a number of avid readers too. 

"What are you doing here?" Mrs. Choi asked, and she figured out what Seul was staring so intently at. "Ahh, the magazines? Why, are you sad that more students are crowding over your rival team's? Seul-ah, you should be happy. Earlier today, one student purchased your edition! And you should be happy that peopl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter