Sixteenth Edition

You Wrote It!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Seul's doorbell rang on Saturday. At first, she thought that it must've been the milkman. She had to admit she never expected Taehyung to be the person greeting her first thing in the morning. Being greeted by that wide smile did make her snap out of being half-asleep. She wasn't sure if she should have been happy to see him or her notes in pristine condition being held in front of her.

"I told you I would give it back to you tomorrow." Taehyung blinked innocently. "Can I come in?"

Seul was still dazed because it was eight in the morning. She was in the middle of brushing her teeth and she had been dozing off while doing that. Why, oh why did her mother wake her up to help with breakfast? Seul decided to just make way for him without interrogating on why he wanted to come in. Taehyung was more than happy to take his shoes off. He was wearing a simple short sleeved white t- with black stripes, black shorts and fake glasses.

"Seul-ah! Could you   Omo, Taehyung, is that you?"

"Eomeoni!" Taehyung smiled giddily like a child. He ran over to Seul's mom who enveloped him in a hug and Seul couldn't believe it when she saw her mother patting his . This sight made her want to return to her room to get another eight hours of sleep. You must be seeing things now, Seul...

"It's been so long! How long has it been since you came over here?" Her mother asked.

"It's been exactly three years, Eomeoni. The last time I came year was when Seul and I had a project to work on in ninth grade." Taehyung said.

Seul went over to stand next to him before reaching her hand behind his back to pinch him. Taehyung's face grimaced and he jerked a little, turning to give Seul a  'what was that for?' look. She whispered to him, "who do you think you're calling Eomeoni, Kim Taehyung?"

Unfortunately, Seul's mother saw this and she slapped her on the shoulder. Seul felt betrayed. "Yah, mom! How could you do that to your own daughter?"

"Yoon Seul, stop trying to pick on the boy. He hasn't been here in three years, do you know how long that is? He should have a meal with us."

"Sure, I would love to." Taehyung nodded his head enthusiastically at the idea.

"I know!" Seul's mother clapped her hands together. "The both of you can help me out with breakfast!"

Seul heaved a loud sigh. She knew her mother would scold her for trying to shoo Taehyung out of the house, but as she made her way to the kitchen with the boy trailing behind her, a small smile took over her lips. An extra hand for help wasn't going to be so bad. She went over to the stove where her mother had left the fire on for frying eggs. She grabbed an egg from the bowl, but Taehyung snatched it from her.

Seul frowned. "Yah, Kim Taehyung. I was going to fry that."

Taehyung held both of Seul's shoulders and gently led her to stand aside while he stood in front of the stove. He didn't say anyhting, but cracked the egg against the bowl, breaking it apart with such precision. The fluid inside the egg spread around the frying pan, sizzling with the oil. He was showing off his cooking skills and Seul wondered how someone could appear so attractive frying an egg.

"Scoot over, I can do that too." Seul cracked the egg against the table. Taehyung watched her unsurely. She split the egg open but everything came out in a mess on the frying pan. This is impossible! Why do I fail at the easiest things?

"Aren't you going to cook it?" Taehyung stared at the egg. "It looks like it's going to burn soon."

"I-I'm going to." Seul told him, but her hands didn't want to move. She tried remembering how her mother teached her to cook eggs in the past. She was just supposed to flip it and scrape it off once it was done, it was that easy. She held the spatula, feeling someone's hand suddenly wrap around hers. She turned her head and saw Taehyung bending down his head over her shoulder.

He guided her hand by helping her flip the egg. Seul saw his concentrated face where he had his tongue slightly stuck out. She directed her attention back on the frying pan and she noticed the veins poking out from his arms. Oh my god his arm his no joke. He always was a sporty person. Of course he was muscular and that was why all the girls admired him.

"Oh, its done. Finally." Taehyung said.

"Soybean paste stew coming!" Seul's mother hollered and the both of them widened her eyes.

Seul pushed Taehyung away from her and he opened the fridge to make it look like he was searching for something. Meanwhile Seul placed the eggs on a plate, keeping her eyes on what she was doing. When her mother came in the kitchen, she was unsuspicious of anything.

"What are the two of you doing? Looks like you're done with the eggs." Her mother came over to have a look. "These look well fried. I can't believe you finally remember how to cook an egg right, Yoon Seul. This is the first time! Maybe you should help me with eggs every morning."

"Wait, mom, that sounds like bad idea..."

"Pft!" Taehyung slapped a hand over his mouth. Seul saw his eyes crinkle and he was definitely hiding a gigantic laugh.

"Aish, let's just hurry up and eat already!" Seul took the plate in her hand and hurried her mother to the dining area. She saw Taehyung still laughing to himself  behind the fridge and she pulled on his ear out of sweet revenge.

 

 

 

"I wanted to spend my Saturday inside the house, not outside." Seul crossed her arms.

After breakfast, her mother insisted that she and Taehyung go out since it was a nice day. She pestered Seul to go shower and then when they went out Taehyung told her that the former had given them a pair of tickets to the indoor amusement park at Lotte. She added in the excuse that teenagers were supposed to have fun outside in the wonderful summer weather instead of being cooped indoors.

"It's going to be fun, Seul! It's not like this is our first time hanging out together, and we haven't been to Lotte in so long with all the stress from school. As high school students, this is a well deserved reward from your mother." Taehyung grinned.

"Is it." Seul agreed, glancing over at him. But if I spend it with you, I'll embarrass myself again! "Ah, right! Which bus are we supposed to take again?"

Seul checked the transportation application on her phone. She was focused on finding out which bus was going to Lotte, but all of a sudden her phone buzzed. Her phone screen flashed Kim Hanbin's name. That was strange. What could Hanbin possibly be calling her for... or it couldnt've been that they were supposed to meet today with the rest of the members?!

An expression of absolute panic was on her face. Seul slapped both of her palms on her cheeks as fell agape. "I didn't know it was today!"

Taehyung happened to see the name on her phone. "Kim Hanbin is calling you." He tapped the green answer button for her.

"Taehyu  !!" Seul softly yelled at him, bringing her phone next to her ear. "Hello?"

"SEULLL!! We're on the way to your house right now to pick you up!" Seul had to pull her phone away fro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter