Twelfth Edition

You Wrote It!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

 

The bookshop at Hanguk High had a big part of their shelves filled with the different magazines from 'It's Trending' and 'The Hanguk Gossip' on this morning. Hanbin happened to walk past at shop on this day, and he stopped in his tracks. He stared at the article on the front cover of 'It's Trending' before his friend came up behind him, whacking him on the head. 

"Yo, Kim Hanbin, what are you staring at?" Junhoe, his friend who was a year younger than him, asked.

"N-Nothing  " Hanbin tried to block the glass windows from the boy.

Junhoe was his close friend, but it so happened he was Choi Junghoon's 'friend' too. Hanbin couldn't tell if Junhoe was just the tyrant's lackey or 'friend', but the latter was likely. He himself knew that Junghoon was not the type to be mingled with, but since he was a senior in the boy's volleyball team he guessed that he must've been Junhoe's role model.

Choi Junghoon was a person who didn't study at all and seldom read books. It was unlikely that he would be interested in the articles of both magazine teams, but if he saw that he was the target of the main article of one of them, he was bound to go crazy. Hanbin knew that Taehyung was going to be in for it, especially when his name was credited on the front page as the person who wrote it. He couldn't let Junhoe see it, no matter what. 

"Hmm," Junhoe squinted his eyes at him suspiciously, a smile on his lips, "you're hiding something behind there, aren't you? Yah, move  "

"Goo Junhoe!" Hanbin tried to push him away from the bookshop, but he ended up getting shoved out of the way.

Junhoe's eyes fell on the two magazines displayed through the glass panes. He stuck his face against the window, his eyes widening once he realised what was written on one of them. Without further talk, he rushed in the store to buy a copy and came out, holding the magazine right in front of Hanbin's face. He looked a bit too excited about this sudden discovery.

"Heol, this is amazing. Junghoon hyung needs to see this." Junhoe took a good look at the front cover. "Exposed: Choi Junghoon caught buying cigarettes and beating people up for money. Where'd they come up with this trash?"

"It's not trash, it's the truth. Why are you even calling Choi Junghoon hyung? You know he sees you as someone to boss around." Hanbin tried to reach for the magazine, but Junhoe stepped back. "Give it."

Junhoe ignored Hanbin, a smirk forming on his lips. His friend liked to make stupid decisions. "Are you kidding me? I can't let something like this go unnoticed."

"You know that Choi Junghoon doesn't ever read the school's magazines. You're going to put someone in danger here, Goo Junhoe, so hand it over!" Hanbin had to admit, as much he didn't like Taehyung, he still knew how to differentiate what was clearly wrong. He took a step forward and tried to snatch it off the younger boy's hand, but Junhoe dodged him. 

"Taehyung sunbae knows how to fend for himself, doesn't he? After all, he's good at that type of thing."

"Hey!"

Hanbin watched Junhoe sprint away at full speed to find Junghoon and for the next few hours he was uneasy.

 

 

Yoon Seul did not want to do this, well, at least that was what her conscience was telling her. 

She wanted to save Taehyung, that was a given, but there were so many other ways to save him that did not involve the need to kiss him. She wondered why she had suggested that in the first place. Maybe it was the first thing at the top of her head because she'd happened to catch a glimpse of her mother's favourite romantic drama where the two characters kissed each other. She couldn't remember or think straight at the moment. When it felt as if there was a big countdown timer on top of their heads, all of her other ideas went through her head without being processed.

Taehyung was in disbelief too at what she'd told him. He looked more hesitant to do it than her although he was supposed to be the more daring one between the two of them. 

"S-Seul, I think that maybe this kissing idea seems... I mean, don't you have any other ideas?"

"No, I don't! They won't know it's us, Taehyung, not if you pull your hoodie up." Seul pointed to the black hoodie Taehyung was wearing over his uniform. 

"This?" He asked as he pulled the hood up in a laziest manner possible where it only covered a quarter of his head and looked like it was going to slip off.

Seul sighed, moving closer to him and reaching her hands up to secure the hood over his head. "Yeah, that."

They were awfully close together now. Seul noticed Taehyung's gaze on her, and a blush was starting to r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter