Fourteenth Edition

You Wrote It!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

 

Jungkook and Mingyu shivered in the spring coldness. It was early in the morning, with only a small number of students present on school grounds. It had been three weeks since their April edition was published. They thought sales were going well, but Hayoung's group message they received yesterday which included over twenty exclamation marks and swear words told them otherwise. 

This was how they ended up coming to school at seven in the morning carrying two stacks of magazines to the school entrance.

"Are you sure they will show up?" Jungkook asked unsurely. "I mean, I know she was flaming hot on her KakaoTalk profile picture..."

"Yeah, because I showed it to you." Mingyu nudged the boy. "If she really is like that, we've scored big time."

"She's from Sehwa Girl's Private High School, right? They have a secret fanclub to talk about pretty boys, and we're included on the list." Jungkook grinned as he pointed his finger at himself, then at Mingyu.

"Damn it, I don't want to get jumped on by girls. But you and I, pretty boys? Seriously?"

"Kim Mingyu, you're blind. Did you not notice when we were walking on the streets the other day in Myeongdong, girls turned their heads to stare at us?"

"I thought they stared because we had something on our faces. That was why I wanted to go to restroom." Mingyu gave an awkward laugh.

Jungkook stared at him in disbelief, before sighing. "You're hopeless sometimes. You don't have to worry about girls jumping on you, because the person they want to see the most is Taehyung hyung. Oh, we're here... so then we make a left turn." The both of them arrived at the school entrance and they took a left where they could see a group of girls wearing uniforms huddled together a distance away from them. "I thought you said it was only one girl."

"It should be... She told me she was going to wait where those girls are standing right now. She ordered a lot of magazines, so maybe she brought some help?" 

Jungkook did not have a good feeling about this, but he brushed it off because he wanted to get this over with fast. "Whatever. Let's just give them the magazines, get the money, and go. It's getting colder."

They approached the group of chattering girls. They were busy talking to each other, causing Jungkook and Mingyu to go unnoticed by them. They cleared their throats at the same time, but they still didn't notice them. It was as if they had suddenly gained the power of invisibility. Jungkook met eyes with Mingyu and he gestured his head for him to get their attention. Hesitantly, Mingyu dragged his feet to the girls.

"I have an order for, um, Cha Siyeon?" 

"That's me." One girl raised her hand. She had big, beady eyes and wore glasses. She was wearing a childish bunny hat which covered the silky brown locks of hair Jungkook remembered seeing. All he could say was that Cha Siyeon did not emit a hundred percent of hotness like she did in her profile picture. He could see a resemblance, but where was the smoky hot eyeliner, and the sharp look in her eyes? We've been scammed...

"Wow, you really do look like what you are on KakaoTalk," Siyeon winked at Mingyu, "and is that the hot friend you said you'd bring?"

"No, no, no! You lied to me!" Jungkook shot Mingyu a pair of alerted eyes. 

All Mingyu did was mouth back to him. "I'm sorry!"

"Aw, he's cute!" A few girls squealed and flung out their phones, bringing them close to Jungkook's face. , I still have some small acne on my forehead...

"Aren't they one of the charming ones from this schoo? We've talked about them before!" One girl widened her eyes at the realisation of it. "Jeon Jungkook, talented in singing, has the image of the troublemaker of the second years, and then there's Kim Mingyu, also a second year! He's total boyfriend material! His height is 180cm, perfect for hugging."

"Um, yeah sure, let's cut to the chase. Hand the money." Mingyu spoke slowly, turning to Siyeon. Jungkook could tell his friend was probably creeped out about why they knew so much about him.

"Don't look at me, Yoona unnie asked to make the order. She's the president of the fanclub. She's there." Siyeon rolled her eyes as she pointed to one girl who seemed to stand out from the rest.

Now this girl, was what Jungkook hoped for. She was like a mix between Han Hyojoo and Jeon Jihyun, and that was already beyond perfection. There was no knitted cap covering her hair. She let her wavy locks fly freely in the breeze. She was taller than the other girls, though a few centimetres shorter than Jungkook.

"Here's the money for all of this," Yoona took out a few ten thousand won bills from her wallet, slipping them in Jungkook's blazer pocket, "but you are sure that Taehyung oppa wrote the main article, yes? I'm not buying it if it isn't written by him."

"Hundred percent sure." They nodded.

"There's even a selfie at the end of the magazine, personally taken by Kim Taehyung himself! You can cut it out, and paste it on your room wall!" Mingyu's suggestion made all the girls squeal at the thought of it.

"Okay girls, take your copies." Yoona ordered.

Soon, Jungkook and Mingyu found themselves flocked by girls wanting their own copy of 'It's Trending'. There were hands being pushed in his face and the weight he was carrying got heavier because some of them practically lunged at him to get one. He thought Sehwa girls were far from what he was witnessing right now. Looks could be deceiving. 

By the end of it, they were a mess.

"I don't want to do this ever again." Jungkook said, patting his head to stop strands of hair from sticking out. "Next time, tell Joy and Hayoung to do it."

"Yeah, next time." Mingyu adjusted his tie. "But you know, the hot one, Yoona, was it? I think she has her eyes on Taehyung. She was calling him oppa and all that, I don't even think he knows that she exists. She didn't even wink at us or glance, so that must mean she's fallen pretty hard for him."

"That girl who knew your height seemed to have fallen pretty hard for you." Jungkook teased. "You already know that Seul is the only one for Taehyung hyung~"

"We haven't seen them together for days though, I wonder what happened." Mingyu frowned as the both of them made their way back to school.

 

 

 

Seul normally wasn't a person to feel bothered. She went with the flow of her life, always figuring that nothing could be done if this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter