Twenty Third Edition

You Wrote It!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The long awaited day was the day after tomorrow. Taehyung was anxious and excited at the same time because during the time he was going to be away, Hanbin's true identity was going to be revealed. There was a possibility that their plan could fail, but he hoped that wasn't going to be the case. With the amount of hard work and planning put in it, failure was the last thing that could happen.

Other than the matters about Hanbin, there was more he should have been worrying about. He hadn't packed anything yet and tomorrow was going to be his last day to be able to do it. Kento and Jimin had already done it ever since the trip was announced, they'd probably turn him down if he were to ask them to pack for him. Taehyung told himself that it was fine, he could do everything tomorrow.

Taehyung made his way to the field at lunch time. He saw Yoonhyeong watching the ongoing soccer match at the bleachers and he rushed over to the boy. The latter turned around just in time to notice him coming over. The both of them high-fived each other before Taehyung sat down next to him. They watched the match for awhile, until Yoonhyeong brought up the topic of Hanbin. 

"So, are you nervous? You know, about the plan." Yoonhyeong asked. "I talked to Hanbin earlier today, you know I'm still friends with him. I'm not on Joonhoe's level though, sticking around to him all the time. He was badmouthing you again, wanna know what he said?"

Taehyung shook his head. "I'll pass. Anyways, he's going to take back those words soon."

"Yeah, definitely." Yoonhyeong nodded, turning to look at Taehyung. "Don't worry too much, okay? We've got it all under control. It'll go fine."

"Thanks, Yoonhyeong." Taehyung grinned. "I wasn't expecting you to get involved too, at first. We haven't known each other for long, but you've been a really big help and I'm thankful for that. I'm trusting you on this one."

Taehyung held out his hand and in less than a second, Yoonhyeong grabbed it tightly.

"No worries. Let's hope this will act as a warning for other students who plan to sabotage the magazines in the future with false information."

 

 

Taehyung wasn't paying attention to his actions or how he looked throughout the school day. There was only one thing that was bothering him and it was how feverish his body was. Now that there was a five minute break in between changing lessons, Taehyung got out of his seat to wash his face, but on his way out he was stopped by Seungcheol. It felt like they hadn't talked in awhile.

"Yah, are you okay?"

"Of course I am, now move aside." Taehyung held on his head with one hand while trying to push Seungcheol away with the other.

"Why are you acting so cold? Just because we haven't talked in awhile, doesn't mean we're strangers." Seungcheol stepped in his way again. "Oh, and I'm not going to tease you about that last time in Lotte World where your confession with Seul failed  "

"Can you not talk about that here?" Taehyung glared at him. "If it's not that, then what is it?"

"I just wanted to let you know that you don't look so good. Am I the only that noticed?" Seungcheol decided to have a closer look at his face. "You should go to the infirmary or something, Taehyung. I saw the way you walked earlier, it looked like you were going to stumble. I mean, there's only two more days until we go to Taiwan and if you're still sick by then... Do Jimin and Kento know?"

"They don't need to know. I'm not a kid." Taehyung sighed. "I'll just go to the infirmary, help me tell the teacher."

In addition to the feverish feeling from earlier, a wave of dizziness was also starting to hit him. It was hard for him to take a step forwards without using the wall to balance himself. Taehyung held on to the railings, beginning to descend ever so slowly down the steps. Hopefully, the nurse would be able to give him some medicine for whatever he was feeling.

He didn't think that this was so severe to the extent of not being able to go for Taiwan. He still had one day to rest tomorrow.

 

 

Taehyung didn't come to school the next day. Seul always didn't fail to worry whenever the boy never showed up to school because it meant something big must have happened to him. He wasn't someone who would skip for the sake of having fun, he definitely wasn't close to a rebellious student although he was pretty much of a slacker, but a smart slacker.

She endured through the whole school day like any other, taking down notes, eating lunch with her friends, helping the teachers carry books to the staffroom. Now that school had ended early and she didn't have any meetings with her club, she stood outside the gates by herself. Five minutes later, she saw Bambam and Joshua making their way out. They saw her too and Bambam shouted for her name as he waved enthusiastically, thinking that she hadn't seen them when in fact she was looking away from the embarrassment. The two of them were always the loudest duo.

"Seul noona! Where are you going?" Bambam asked her.

Seul stared down at her phone in her hands, before raising her head in an instant. "I-I was going to go home. What about you guys? Hey, Hong Jisoo, you do know that the flight tomorrow is at ten, right?"

Joshua nodded, scratching his head. "At night, or in the morning? Heh, sorry Seul-ah. I've already packed everything though."

Seul rolled her eyes, but accepted that it was part of his personality to be a little forgetful sometimes.

"By t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter