Eleventh Edition

You Wrote It!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Disobedient puppies were troublesome. They didn't listen and they didn't seem to care, preferring to go around as they liked. At the end of the day, the master was the one who suffered the most. While the puppy was frolicking around, the master would be restless. He would wonder about his puppy's whereabouts, whether it had gotten itself in to grave danger, scenarios that were enough to make one's hair turn white.

Dealing with disobedient puppies were easy of course. Answers to that predicament were scattered over the internet, coming from dog experts themselves. But Taehyung felt that his case was a bit more unusual, since his puppy was special than other ordinary puppies. For one, she could talk, she could write, she didn't have a tail and four legs, and she looked like a... human. Where would he find answers for that?

It was another school day, nothing eventful. Taehyung was in the clubroom during lunch time, spinning around in his chair, thinking. Tomorrow was the day they were going to put their magazine on the shelves of the school bookshop, but he felt rather calm. Call him overconfident   he was certain sales would go well, it always did for the past few months. So, he pushed that thought aside.

Mingyu entered the room with Joy coming in shortly after. They had just returned from a trip to the cafeteria. It explained why there was so much bread in Joy's hands. Seriously, all Taehyung ever saw the girl do was eat. How she could even write amazing articles was a mystery. 

Mingyu walked over to Taehyung's desk, setting down a bottle of vitamin water and a container of fried rice. "I don't get why you even like vitamin water, it tastes just like normal water. I bought grape flavour once, and I didn't taste any grape. Hyung, you should save up a few cents and just get plain mineral water."

"No, it tastes totally different from normal water. It has that vague fruit taste." Taehyung glared at the junior. "It's healthy too, better than the water you always refill your bottle with at the drinking fountain."

"I do that cause it's free. And it's cold." Mingyu shrugged.

"Cheapskate." Joy scoffed, stuffing a small sugar donut in .

"Bread monster." Mingyu shot back, smirking.

"Guys," Taehyung called, unaware that his two members were in the midst of a name-calling battle, "what do you do with a puppy that disobeys you?"

"Send it for training lessons."

"What if it's extremely vicious?"

"How would we know? The only pet I raised was a goldfish and the last time I saw it was six years ago in a toilet bowl." Joy shivered at the thought and pointed at Mingyu. "And this guy rarely takes care of his pet tortoise, nothing close to a puppy."

"Goguma loves me, that's a solid fact!"

Taehyung ruffled the back of his head, turning away from the two of them since they weren't helping at all. He rested his cheek on his palm, staring out the window. His fingers tapped on his desk, inching over to grab to the nearest thing he could spin. When his fingers touched something, he looked down to see that it had been the pendrive Seul found the other day at the library.

There was only one file on the pendrive, the last time he remembered. It was the dating article on a draft document. He spun the black pendrive around his fingers. I wonder who owns this. Then there'd be so many clues...

"Oh, Yoonhyeong sunbae?"

"Hey," Song Yoonhyeong stood at the doorway with sharp eyes which seemed to be scanning around the room, "any of you have a pendrive I can borrow? I sort of lost mine. The people in my class didn't want to borrow me one because I always lose things, but I promise I won't lose this one!"

Joy lifted every light thing she could find on her desk, but she couldn't find any pendrives under them. "I'm empty."

"Same." Mingyu hadn't even made an effort to search.

"I have one, but..." Yoonhyeong rushed over to Taehyung and held out his hand, his eyes were sparkling, "it's not really mine."

"That's fine, as long I have something to save my files in."

Taehyung handed over the pendrive to the boy. Yoonhyeong's eyes fell on the object in his hand, and he furrowed his eyebrows. "Wait... this pendrive looks a lot like mine, where'd you find it?"

"This is yours?" Taehyung asked as he tried to recall what Seul had told him weeks ago. "Seul found that on the floor in the library."

"That's weird, the last time I left it on my desk in my class. Then when I came back, it disappeared." Yoonhyeong explained. "Anyways, thanks for finding this for me."

"No problem," Taehyung smiled, "but if you happen to remember anything from the day you lost your pendrive, could you tell me?"

 

 

 

After school, Taehyung found himself walking alone to the school gates. He had blocked out the whole outside world from his mind. Maybe Jungkook or Kento had asked him to wait for them, but he couldn't remember since he left early. He walked in the middle of the football field in the midst of a game, unmindful of the angry shouts the players were giving him.

Song Yoonhyeong isn't the culprit, that's for sure. Someone must've borrowed his pendrive without his permission. Probably one of his friends, but who? He has a ton of friends. All this thinking was jamming the gears in his brain. This is going to take me forever! At this rate, it'll take me until graduation to find out who did it, and it'll be too late!

Taehyung took in a deep breath as he tried to keep himself from shouting to the sky. He really wished

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter