Twenty Fourth Edition

You Wrote It!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung was only playing with Seul. He knew better than to kiss her with the fever he had now, and passing it to her when they were going to Taiwan tomorrow was the last thing he wanted to do. But he liked, he even dared to say he loved her, so when he found that their faces were so close, a part of him actually wanted to go for it. Seul already had her eyes closed which he found amusing. The way she had her lips sticking out, she was like a kid who knew nothing about kissing eventhough they'd done it two times.

Taehyung stared at her face for a few more seconds, his hand still cupping the side of her cheek. He cursed himself in his mind for having to be sick at this moment before laying back down on the couch. He wanted to kiss her. At the loss of his touch, Seul opened her eyes to find him laying down, acting as if they were never on the verge of kissing. He tried to observe her facial expresison and he could see the disappointment from the frown on her face. He decided not to point it out because she was surely going to brush it off and get angry at him.

"What? Why are you staring at me like that, Yoon Seul?" Taehyung bit on his lip to stop a grin. "We shouldn't get too close. I'm sick after all."

Seul's eyes widened and she looked away while nodding her head. "Y-yeah, you're right. Sorry, but I think I should go now."

Taehyung watched Seul stand up. She just stood there for a good ten seconds trying to remember what she was missing.

"Your bag." He reminded her.

"Oh right." Seul was about to head for the kitchen counter where she'd placed her belongings, but Taehyung sat up and caught her wrist. It was an action he had no time to think twice about because all he knew was that he didn't want her to leave so fast. He didn't like the empty apartment and the silence he was always greeted with when coming home. Once in awhile his friends did visit him, but lately they hadn't been able to. They were halfway through the school year and there were events, trips and exams coming up.

"But you said you would stay." Taehyung's fingers around her wrist tightened slightly. "Isn't it already pititful enough that my own parents are never here for me when I'm sick? I've always been like this, taking care of myself. I've never been selfish about anything before, Seul. But if it's you, I want to be selfish for a bit. I don't care if you've gotten closer to Hanbin. If your parents wonder why you're not home yet, I'll take all the blame. So, can you spare some time for me?"

Seul rested her hand on Taehyung's before detaching it from her wrist. She thought back to the time when she first started getting to know Taehyung. He was an annoying teenager, but for some reason the annoying things he used to do never failed to make her smile. She wondered how he'd changed so much, how he'd gotten much better at using his words because Seul's heart was swaying like an unstable tower.

Taehyung's lips were sealed, he was still waiting for her answer.

"I'm not close to Kim Hanbin." Seul mumbled, staring out at the opened door of the balcony. "He's a friend, but we're not best friends. He's not someone I would go to if I'm worried about something, Taehyung. And he's been sticking around me lately and slacking off on writing articles for the club. You've known, right? That he's been having feelings for me."

Taehyung was about to nod, he figured it was no use for him to be lying to Seul anymore. He wanted to tell her everything he could from now on, no more secrets between them.

He felt her hand press itself on his forehead. "It doesn't feel that hot anymore, well, it's better than before. No wonder you fell sick, you hardly drink any water."

"Hey, I drank six glasses today."

"That's not enough, Kim Taehyung." Seul pushed his head with her palm and pointed to the clock hanging above the television. "When the clock hits nine, I'll go. Is that enough?"

"Mhm," the boy showed her his gummy smile, "that's more than enough."

 

 

 

Seul probably got home later than planned last night. It wasn't like Taehyung begged her for more time with her, he was truly contented with the two extra hours she'd decided to spend with him. They just had so many things to talk about over the dinner table and it made Seul question how they could never talk this way in school without either one of them feeling awkward or uncomfortable. The way Taehyung stared straight in her eyes as he told her stories of anything that came to his mind, only occasionally looking down on his bowl to scoop up porridge, she knew he enjoyed her company.

Her parents weren't too concerned about her arriving home at ten at night. When Seul explained to her father and mother that Taehyung caught a fever and that she went to visit him for a bit, they understood. She didn't need to delve in to further details, though her parents definitely were aware that there must have been something going on between her and Taehyung. The way her face flushed yesterday while she was explaining said it all for them. 

The sun's rays hit directly at Seul's eyes and still asleep she turned the other way. Her room was peaceful and with the air conditioner blasting at full speed she wanted to dive back in to the slumber. She was almost drifting away, but the loud ringtone of her phone made her eyes widen. Today was the day of the Taiwan trip. She couldn't have overslept, right?!

On the screen was a close up of Joshua posing, but he'd blinked in the middle of photo. Seul found it hilarious and ignored his complaints for her to take another picture of him. In the end, she just set it as his contact picture. She tapped the answer button with great force, holding the phone to her ear.

"Seul! Where are you? All of us are already at the airport!"

"W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter