Twenty Ninth Edition

You Wrote It!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Longer chapter than usual to compensate for my two week absence! Enjoy reading~

 

Hanbin was the first person to dash out of his classroom, past all the other students who were making their way to the bulletin board on the first floor. He couldn't believe it, there was no way they would have been able to have gotten evidence that he was the one who did it. His reputation was going to go down in shambles after this. The students, teachers and even the principal were going to find out and even worse, his parents were going to be notified about his wrongdoings.

When he had arrived at the first floor, there was already a fairly large number of students crowding in front of the board. Hanbin's feet didn't want to move, but he inched closer and closer until he could get a clear look at what was pinned. Some students turned around and at the sight of him, they shot him dirty looks and gave way so that he could walk to the front. They were all whispering about him, shaking their heads in disapproval.

There were pictures of him from security camera footage. The pictures captured him in the midst of breaking in the clubroom of 'It's Trending'. He was holding the keys he had stolen from Hayoung. He had tried his best to cover his face because he was aware of the camera at the end of the hallway but when he came out, he was so proud of his work that he had forgotten to cover it. There was a picture of him exiting the room with a smile on his face. Anybody could have been able to tell that it was him in the picture.

Hanbin clenched his fists so tight, his knuckles were starting to turn white. He had a good guess on who would have enjoyed seeing him being exposedd like this, in the most humiliating way possible, for everyone to see. Kim Taehyung wasn't here right now, but Hanbin felt like the senior was standing beside him and giving him a mocking smile of victory that was telling him 'you lost and I won'. Seul would have enjoyed this too, the culprit behind the false rumours was finally in the spotlight. At this point, Hanbin wasn't even bothered to find the people who aided Taehyung in this. He couldn't confront the members of 'It's Trending', he was in no position to do that.

"Who would have thought that Kim Hanbin was the one behind it, huh?"

"How pathetic, he could have found something better to do with his time," one boy said and the others around him agreed.

"Oh, the principal is coming! Shh! Shh!"

Hanbin stared at the board for a little longer, speechless. Everything around him went quiet, before fooosteps approached him and stopped. He turned around to find the principal behind him, staring at the evidence pinned on the board as well. There were a couple of teachers behind him, so there was no possible way of escape for him. He stood beside the principal in silence, bowing his head low.

Once the principal was done, he cleared his throat. "Well, how interesting. Kim Hanbin, you're coming to my office at this instant."

He followed behind the principal to his office. On the way there, he saw a bunch of his friends staring at him in shock. 

"Yah, how could you do something so petty?" Donghyuk, the leader of the soccer club he was in, asked. "I had no idea you..."

"Don't tell me you were the one who wrote that front page article about me too." Choi Junghoon glared at Hanbin. Now he was getting suspected of things he never even did in the first place. "Guys, I..."

"Go on, you punk, keep moving. The principal is waiting." A teacher pushed him forwards.

Before Hanbin entered the principal's office, he took a glane behind him and over the teacher's shoulder he could see Taehyung's friends and one of his own friends, Song Yoonhyung, all smirking at him.

 

 

It was the second to last day in Taiwan. All of the students were sad that their senior trip was going to end tomorrow, but they had made some unforgettable memories during their time here. Seul was especially sad that when they returned to Korea, all of them would have to start studying for their final exams which would determine their entrance to the universities they applied for. Then, they would be graduating and Seul's high school life would conclude there.

Seul stared up at the ceiling in the dimness of the room. She had woken up at six in the morning and now it was seven. For the last hour, her mind was flooded about uncessary thoughts she shouldn't have been worrying about at the moment. She sat up on her bed, scrolling through the messages in her phone. Several were from the group chats with her friends and there was one from Taehyung from yesterday night, asking her if she was having ttrouble sleeping because he was. She seenzoned that message and now that she realised what she had done, guilt overcame her.

Seul hastily typed him a 'good morning' before tossing her phone aside. She hid under her covers with a reddening face and fast heartbeats. Please don't make a sound, please don't make a sound. She prayed, but her phone buzzed a minute after he text to Taehyung. Jisoo was still asleep and Seul covered . She decided that she wasn't going to have a look at the message until she was finished getting ready. Maybe the message wasn't even from Taehyung, it could have been spam. Here she was, overreacting over spam!

"I'll go shower first..." Seul mumured to herself, making her way to over her luggage to pick out her outfit.

They were venturing out of the city today, to a place called Jiufen. It was a tourist town hidden in the mountains. Seul didn't know much about it, but she was relieved that yesterday was the last of their museum trips.

Seul took a last look at her phone which lay idly on the bed and it took every ounce of energy in her body to hold her back from checking her phone. She shook her head, entering the bathroom. 

 

 

 

Hanbin was the one who wrote the article. It wasn't Taehyung, it was never him, and like an idiot, I... Seul hung her head low, her eyes glued on the ground. She stared at the apology he had texted her, to which she hadn't replied to. 

The place they were nearing now was a tourist attraction hidden in the mountains. It took them about two hours on the bus to get here from the city. The bus ride wasn't so dull either. Seul had fun joking with Joshua who was her seatmate, and the boy always had funny stories to tell her. All her classmates were rowdy, singing songs, dancing. It was a relief the other class sharing the bus with them joined in the fun, which lifted up the atmosphere. But even if she was smiling, thoughts about Taehyung made her feel horrible about herself. She hated her personality the most sometimes.

"Woah, Seul, look at that! That's so cool!" Joshua pointed out the window at the various structures built on the mountain, beautifully decorated with traditional Chinese lanterns. "I've never seen something like this before. It's almost like the whole thing is floating."

"I heard this place was what inspired some of the locations in Spirited Away." Seungcheol popped up from behind them. "Maybe if we're lucky, we'll get transported in to the spirit world and they'll turn our teachers in to pigs, HAHA!" He peered over at Seul who was staring at the window, unaffected by his attempt to make her smile.

"You're full of crap , Seungcheol." Bobby shook his head.

"Why're you so grumpy?" Seungcheol settled back down in his seat and started poking him in the waist. "Oh, I know. It's cause you slept for like three hours last night. I wonder what you were doing? I mean, it's not like I saw a rated magazine on your bed..."

"Shut up!"

"Kim Jiwon is in to    Mmf!"

Seul focused her attention to the window again. Just then, a message from Sana popped up on her phone screen. She wondered what it could have been, because she was spamming her multiple messages at once. Seul unlocked her phone and widened her eyes at the pictures Sana sent her, accompanied with texts of what happened earlier today. There were a little typos here and there, but thankfully she could understand what the girl was trying to say. 

Something big happened in school! you wont believe it, Seul 10:01

So Taehyung was never behind the article between the two of you after all, guess who 10:02

iT wAs kiM HanbInwihwj that bastard! 10:02

Bambam and I were so shocked when the announcement was made through the PA system, telling the students to go to the first floor bulletin board if they were interested in knowing the true identity of the culprit 10:03

What do we do now, Seul? I guess it's time for us to kick him out, huh! 10:03

Hmmm, but I wonder who planned to expose him... 10:04

Probably Taehyung, right? 10:04

"Guys, Taehyung wasn't the one who wrote the article..." Instantly, the three guys focused their attention on her, halting whatever they were doing. "It w-wasn't him... It was Hanbin all alo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter