Nineteenth Edition

You Wrote It!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It took Taehyung a long time to get up. For about ten minutes he was spread out on the floor, the blood coming from his scratch had completely dried up but it still stung even when he wasn't touching it. He stared at the little droplets of water dripping out from the shiny sink tap before staring at the sky above. Everything around him seemed so peaceful, he didn't think that this silence was what he deserved.

Taehyung weakly heaved himself up as he held on to the sink beside him. There was a stinging pain that felt like it was piercing through his stomach probably from the impact of Kim Hanbin's kick earlier. He would be lying if he said no one was staring at him. The closer he got to the entrance of the school's main building, the number of students only got bigger. They were pointing out the cut on his cheek, the way he was walking. Nobody ever expected to see Kim Taehyung in this sort of unpleasing state.

When Taehyung was in the clubroom hallway, he stopped outside of his clubroom. What am I going to tell everyone? Aish, I could just tell them Kim Hanbin was behind the article. They'd believe me, but what about Seul? What should I tell her? Taehyung sighed at the thought. He only had one idea in his mind, but it was an idea that would make everyone frustrated at him, especially Seungcheol if the boy were to find out about it.

Taehyung clenched his fists and turned around so that he was now facing the door of 'The Hanguk Gossip'. He heard distant humming coming from inside as his hand raised up to rest against the closed door. He didn't know if he would be able to enter this room in Seul's presence. Her honey-like voice continued to be the only sound he could hear in at the end of the dim hallway. 

 

 

 

The bell for the next period rang, but everyone was supposed to have a five minute break in between lessons. Everyone mostly stayed in class and today was no exception because Seul seemed to be the only one needing to use the restroom. As she walked, she heard someone running over to her. She turned around to find Taehyung standing in front of her with a... scratch on his cheek? That was the first thing she noticed about him. Her eyebrows creased together in confusion. 

"Seul, let's talk."

Seul ignored him because she was thinking about something else. "Kim Taehyung, what happened to your..."

Taehyungs fingers reached up to lightly graze over the cut and she saw him wince before changing back to a straight face. "It's nothing. Let's go, I need to tell you something."

Seul frowned. She was ticked off that Taehyung was keeping secrets from her. That cut didn't look like it could have been from a simple game of sports. There were even faint, patches of blue black on his face. These were fresh injuries, he never had these yesterday when she saw him. He fought with someone. She widened her eyes, about to open .

"Did you fight?!"

"Stop! I didn't!" Taehyung quickly covered with his hand. "This is why I wanted to talk to you! Do you think it's easy for me facing you like this?"

Seul pushed the boy away from the abrupt action. "You're lying. I'm going to the restroom."

Seul didn't even feel the need to relieve herself anymore, honestly. She wanted to ask Taehyung about what happened in the morning which led to those bruises on his face but she was still mad that he wasn't taking the initiative to tell her himself and was covering it up like it wasn't a big deal. It made her doubt that they were close. She was worried as hell and she didn't even know if she was supposed to feel this way towards him. Lately she was feeling all sorts of emotions because of Kim Taehyung.

She continued walking, forcing herself to ignore Taehyung. Again, the sound of footsteps followed her. Taehyung slammed his hand against the wall, his arm almost touched her neck. Seul gulped. There was no way of escaping. Her heart was acting up again, beating uncontrollably. He bent down to her level and their eyes met. His gaze, his gaze was what messed her up. She didn't know what he was feeling right now and she wasn't an expert at reading eyes but something about the atmosphere was so tense.

"Seul... just listen to me for a second." Taehyung pleaded, his voice soft and his breath tickling the side of her neck. "I know you'll overreact when you hear this, you'll probably hate me, and you're fully entitled to."

"Why are you so serious?" Seul asked and fidgeted with her fingers. "Taehyung, stop joking around."

"Let's break up."

If anyone ever wondered if shattering someones heart was possible in a split second, it was. At this moment she really wanted Taehyung to be joking. 

"Break up? Why?"

"Yeah, break up. You said you didn't like being in a fake relationship with me, what are you so sad about? No one

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter