Twenty Sixth Edition

You Wrote It!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

a/n: for those of you who read half of chapter 26 only to find it incomplete, here's the full chapter!

 

This was a confession, it had to be. Taehyung wasn't the type to suddenly tell her how he was feeling, and he definitely wasn't the type to tell her that she was the reason he was feeling this way. He said she worried him. 

Seul was at a loss for words. Her heart was beating uncontrollably because of him, she reciprocated his feelings a hundred percent. She wanted to let the three words slip out of . I like you, she wanted to say it. Those three words could have settled everything in an instant, they could forget their troubles and enjoy the time they were going to have in Taiwan.

Taehyung's hand which was clenching on his heart fell limp by his side as he took a cautious step closer to her. Seul backed away, the elevator being such a small space that her back was pressed against the wall in three steps. She looked up at him with wide, harmless eyes, wondering what he was going to do to her.

Seul felt his hands hold her by the shoulders. Taehyung was staring at her, eyes blank, but his actions already gave her a sign about how he felt. She saw the boy his lips and butterflies, a million of them, just erupted in the pits of her stomach. She hoped that she was the only girl he showed this to. How could he do that, knowing so well that anything he did with his lips made her weak?

"T-Taehyung..." Seul breathed out when he'd closed the distance between them, her hands resting on his sturdy chest. "We can't, there's a camera here."

Taehyung glanced at the surveillance camera at the corner of the elevator ceiling. They'd already reached their floor, so he pressed the button to open the doors and pulled her out of the cramped space. This whole floor was going to be filled with a majority of people from their school. Seul didn't bring up anything about the chances of being caught by their schoolmates and let the silent boy lead her to wherever he wanted to take this matter.

Room 1009, Seul first saw the white block numbers on the chocolate coloured door when their feet came to an abrupt halt. They were somewhere in the middle of the quiet hallway, and she wondered why there seemed to be no sign of a single person here at all. It felt like it was just the two of them on this floor, eventhough everyone must have been making noise inside their rooms. Outside, it was unaudible, and she sort of enjoyed the silence.

"Can we do it now?" Taehyung's deep but gentle voice, asked. 

"We're in front of someone else's room." Seul pointed to the door, trying her best to make up excuses. 

"This is my room," Taehyung said, "and I'm rooming with Seungcheol. Where's your room?"

"Room 1015." Seul told him softly, playing with her fingers. She was starting to feel shy all of a sudden. The stubborn, feisty Yoon Seul everyone knew so well was a different person in front of Kim Taehyung. If her friends looked at her now, they would have agreed that they'd never seen her this way before. 

"Do you want to do it in front of your room then?"

Was it any different if they did it there? Maybe, Jisoo would walk out on them having a passionate kiss and then Seul would have to explain themselves to her because it wasn't a common sight to find two people kissing in front of your hotel room door. She wasn't ready for that type of embarrassment.

Actually, she wasn't sure if she wanted to kiss Taehyung. She didn't deserve him, not after the cruel attitude she showed him. He was too good for her, too relaxed and understanding. She'd been so persistent that he was the culprit because she only ever saw him as a rival who wanted to be higher than her. She never listened to him when he was trying to explain that he wasn't the one behind the article.

If she could turn back the time now, she wanted to be nicer to him. She wanted to actually have worked with him in finding the culprit since she'd been so immersed in her own club to notice what he was up to, but then again he was partly at fault too for not telling her anything.

Taehyung took her in his arms, his hands were settled behind her lower back. "I like you, Seul. Heck, I'm sure it's really close to love, but we're high school kids and at this time in our lives all the adults say this is the time we recklessly fall in love so you might not believe what I'm telling you. But for me, this isn't reckless. You're the only girl I've been looking at for years."

"It's stupid, right?" Taehyung laughed, it was dry and sounded sarcastic. "I should've dated a handful of girls, there's so many of them waiting for the right chance. But I know that if I date them, it's only going to last for a few months and there isn't much I can offer to them. I can hold their hands for a few minutes, kiss them but it's going to be forced and rough, not like how I kiss you. I can tell them they're beautiful, but everytime I say that word you'll pop up in my mind. I don't want to date them because I won't be able to give them all my heart. I'll just end up hurting countless girls."

"Why do you still have feelings for me?" Seul lowered her gaze on the ground. "I'm not good for you, Taehyung. I treated you like a few months ago. I'm hot headed, I don't listen most of the time and I'm too straightforward."

"So what? I like you because you'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter