Eighteenth Edition

You Wrote It!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"K-Kim Hanbin? I don't get it, why would he..."

Taehyung couldn't find any reasons as to why Hanbin was the main culprit here. He saw no purpose for Hanbin to write the article in the first place because they didn't know each other. Taehyung didn't know anything about him, just that he was in his second year and played soccer. There was a point in time where he did suspect Hanbin a little bit, but that was only for a short moment. 

Of course, it was weird for a student on the sports team to suddenly want to join 'The Hanguk Gossip' unless he was doing it for extra credit. 

"I remember it now. It was Hanbin for sure, scratch Goo Junhoe out of the picture." Yoonhyeong said. "That day Hanbin told me he needed a pendrive to save his school work on the computer and I lent it to him. He was the last person I lent it to. He didn't give it back to me though."

"That was why Seul found it on the floor in the library... he must have thrown it away to one side, thinking that the pendrive would be stepped on or picked up by a janitor." Taehyung explained. This was starting to look like a crime solving drama, but it didn't need to take expert detectives to solve the case. Taehyung had already come up with a plan in his mind. 

"So you and Seul aren't really dating?" Yoonhyeong widened his eyes at Taehyung shaking his head. "Aw, what the hell! I shipped you guys so hard."

Many people must have shipped them. They did look like a match made in heaven, Taehyung would readily agree to that. He felt his heart starting to beat with uneasiness thinking about when the time would come for their breakup of their two month fake relationship. The fake relationship that was supposed to tear them apart, but brought them closer. 

"Should I thank you for that?" Taehyung gave him a faint smile and in less than a second he was serious again.

"Now you know who the culprit is! What are you doing still standing here?"

"I don't have enough evidence." Taehyung sighed. "One pendrive doesn't reveal anything. Hanbin can sprout out lies and people will believe him, especially Seul. I need something to determine that he really is the one behind all of this. Something like..."

Taehyung and Yoonhyeong stared at each other, imaginary light bulbs flickered above their heads.

"Security footage." Yoonhyeong whispered before raising his voice louder. "Right! Security footage! Maybe the cameras happened to catch him doing something suspicious. Taehyung, you should go check. The security office is always open."

"I will." Taehyung sealed his lips together in a firm line, nodding once. "Thanks, Yoonhyeong."

 

 

 

"I need security camera footage for entrance of building C with the hallway of clubrooms on the first floor."

The security guard, the same old man who Seul went to two months ago, checked the time on his watch. "Hey, do you think you're shooting a drama or something? What would a student like you need security camera footage for?"

"I just need it. Do you have any footage from the day before the first day back to school after the holidays?"

The old man concluded that Taehyung wasn't going to answer his questions and he turned around, walking to the shelves in the office. There were different small baskets with small dates marked on them. Taehyung watched him pull out a small plastic red basket filled with pen drives. He gulped at the number of pen drives in the basket. This was going to be a sleepless night for him.

"Oh wait," the security guard picked out a certain pen drive from inside the basket, "this one. This pen drive is the only one with footage that doesn't seem to play. It'll save you some time trying to fix this one first before going through all of these."

Taehyung stared at the pen drive on his palm before clenching it in his hand. He thanked the security guard and exited the room still with one of hands balled up in a fist. It stayed that way as he exited the school campus all the way home. Kim Hanbin was not going to find an exit to what he was going to uncover. But the real predicament he was faced with was his relationship with Yoon Seul.

After a somewhat rushed shower, Taehyung planted himself on his chair immediately. He switched on his laptop which had been on top of his desk, neglected for a week because he was either too tired or out with friends. It made him grin when he rested his hands on his keyboard, the imaginary sound of his fast typing in his mind was already making his fingers twitch.

First thing was first, he inserted the pen drive in the side of his laptop. True to the security guard's words, it was broken. Nothing popped out, no notification alerting him that a device had been plugged in. He searched through his computer files but still there was no sign of the pen drive's data. Of course, did you think a miracle would happen, Kim Taehyung? This isn't a situation where a pendrive just magically decides to work on it's own again. 

Taehyung exited his room and walked to the empty kitchen. He squatted down in front of the sink, opening the cabinet below. In the darkness of the sink cabinet, he could spot the red and black toolbox hiding behind bottles of dishwashing soap. He took out the toolbox and opened it. It was a fairly big toolbox so all sorts of tools were in there. Taehyung got ahold of a soldering iron, wire cutters, a screwdriver and a magnifying glass.

He carried these tools to his room and placed them on his desk. Did he mention that he was good with electronics too? If he fixed it manually like this, it would take him about thirty minutes or so. There was no guarantee that the pendrive would w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter