Twenty First Edition

You Wrote It!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung kept his stare focused on Hanbin, he looked like he could kill. The grip he had on the younger boy's blazer collar was still tight and he didn't know why he hadn't strangled him on the spot. He knew that ever since Hanbin first wanted to join 'The Hanguk Gossip', he had other intentions. Taehyung always had a hunch about him being a sly fox, and he was right about that hunch. He had convinced himself that it wasn't Hanbin, but he knew deep down inside there was just this itching suspicion about him.

"Did you forget who I was? I'm Kim Taehyung, the person with a million tricks up his sleeve. I found out that you were the culprit, it won't be hard for me to corner you."

"For a well respected senior in this school, you're creating quite a scene. Don't you think?" Hanbin whispered in a low voice, noticing the unwanted attention they were gaining. "You should let go now before I make myself the victim here."

"What did you just say, you   "

"AH! Sunbae, why are you doing this?" In a second, Hanbin's expression had changed to a pitiful one.

Okay, dealing with him like this isn't going to work. There has to be a way to get him to confess to the whole school. Let's handle this in a smart manner, Taehyung-ah. Beating him up more will only give him the opportunity to put me in a bad light. Taehyung took a deep breath as he loosened his fingers, and eventually let go.

"Corner me, go ahead. I'd like to see you try."

Was Kim Hanbin always this obnoxious? Every word coming out from his mouth made Taehyung want to shout for him to shut up. He forced himself to put on a neutral look, making sure to show a stoic face. He gave Hanbin once last glance before walking away from him. The obvious mocking remark from him was replaying in his head and that only made Taehyung fired up to start this plan instantly.

 

 

The next week, there was no doubt that the word spread fast. Jimin was an expert at starting gossip, so it was no surprise. Since the relationship between Taehyung and Seul was a hot topic a few months ago, their break up also became a hot topic in a flash. Girls rejoiced at the fact that Kim Taehyung was now single. Now, Hanbin hanging out with Seul seemed like a perfectly normal thing. Taehyung couldn't butti n with the privilege of being her fake boyfriend, because they weren't a couple anymore.

When the bell for homeroom rang, Taehyung had just made it. Everyone turned to him, then to Seul in strange synchronisation. Seul wasn't sparing him a glance at all. Taehyung took the short time to threaten the guys near him by gesturing his head at them while whispering, What? Mind your own business. He walked over to his desk and took a seat.

He felt like the stares were on him for a straight minute and little by little, people started turning to the front where the teacher was making announcements. Taehyung stared at his empty notebook, twirling his pen between his fingers. So, how will I make Hanbin admit to the article as his doing, without being too suspicious? He started scribbling all sorts of ideas that he thought would potentially work. On his notebook, he had listed a bunch of people he knew of that Hanbin was close to, but he wasn't sure how he could get them to help him yet.

Taehyung tapped the pen on his head, keeping his gaze on the notebook, before it shortly moved over to Seul's back. Looking at the girl, even if it was just her back profile, made him stop whatever he was doing. He let his pencil which he was still holding sway idly in the air. Just like that, he found himself in an endless daydream with thoughts filled of Seul. He imagined what it would be like if she had confessed to him instead, and what it would be like if he had actually gathered the balls to confess during that time in Lotte World. The situation now definitely wasn't in his favour. 

Taehyung thought that his feelings for Seul were obvious, even she must have been aware of them by now. When they first met in middle school, she was the rowdiest girl in his class and he used to find that the most annoying. But seeing this noisy, upbeat girl in situations that made her cower in fear or boil in anger made him want to get involved. Soon, Taehyung found himself to be the annoying one instead of her, always trying to in her business, teasing her in an effort to make her laugh.

High school was when Seul started her own club. Taehyung did too, for fun at first, but then people actually wanted to join. The competition between their clubs strained their relationship. They were still friends of course, just that Seul seemed to hate him a million times more.

High school was also the time when Taehyung realised his feelings for her. It was in their second year, Taehyung didn't know from when. It just seemed to develop from the time they spent together, like how normal relationships blossomed. Seul had no feelings for him in their second year, and she showed no signs of falling for him. He was bound to get rejected no matter how many times he confessed to her, so he thought it was better off for him to keep his feelings to himself.

No one knew how overjoyed Taehyung felt at the sudden news of the dating article. He was still surprised and sort of irritated for this happening to their club, and the fact that Seul probably wanted to kill him, but this time they could work together to solve this while being in a fake relationship. To Taehyung, it was a way for them to patch up the bitterness between them.

Within the three months, stupid decisions, shocking revelations and unrational actions led them up to the present.

A sigh escaped from Taehyung's mouth at the thought of their complicated relationship. Seul must have sensed how distressed he sounded, because she glanced behind her for a short moment. At least she looks like she kinda cares... 

The rest of the day went by. There was no interaction between them at all.

 

 

The last period sent the whole class in chaos. Their Korean history teacher just announced a test all of a sudden. It was a multiple choice question test, but it seemed that the date for it had been brought forwards. What was different was that there were six options they had to choose from, which doubled the difficulty of the test. Everyone was given a five minute break to revise and go to the restroom.

There was a punishment for scoring low in this test, and that was standing on a table in the middle of the school field. Taehyung was outside the class panicking. He was no good at Korean history. He was planning to study this week! There were so many events to reme

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter