Thirtieth Edition

You Wrote It!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung was pretty sure he had searched every single narrow street there was in Jiufen. It was already crowded enough with all the tourists and locals, his neck was already starting to become sore from having craned it too much trying to find Seul. There were so many faces, but he was sure that he would be able to spot her even if he was surrounded by a thousand people. Her face just seemed to shine in his eyes, even when she had her cranky expressions on.

She wasn't in this area at all. Taehyung had brought himself back to the stalls near the entrance selling different varieties of food and souvenirs. He did pass some of his schoolmates on his way who shook their heads when he asked them if they had seen Seul. He hoped that she would be here because she was the type to get distracted by cute souvenirs. When he had no luck either, he contemplated on whether he should try calling her until he remembered that she probably did not have her roaming enabled. It was expensive to be using data in a foreign country.

"How will I find her?" Taehyung mumbled to himself as he ruffled his hair in exasperation. "There's not much time left. Now, if I was Yoon Seul, where would I go? A quiet place... to..." He raised his head to stare up at the darkening sky which was still mixed with the touch of evening. He noticed that in Taiwan, the sky turned dark faster than back home in Korea.

Seul often used to marvel at the evening sky in middle school. She told him of how she wanted to go to the highest point in the country to be able to see the sunset and joked that she would even climb Seorak mountain to see it. Then it hit him, Jiufen was a perfect place to witness the sunset. But where, specifically, was the best place to experience it? Taehyung stared at the upslope pathway and flights of steep stairs awaiting him before he started making his way up again.

 

 

Seul stood alone bending over the railings, staring at the sunset. There was no one else here at the viewing point of the town. Joshua, Seungcheol and Bobby weren't interested in climbing up more stairs so here she was. She could see the infamous teahouse a short distance away and her heart couldn't help but skip a beat upon remembering that she had seen Taehyung inside when they were passing by the place.

Looking at the calm sky and feeling the breeze mess her hair up a little and sending goosebumps on her arms, she smiled. She wondered when she would be able to see another gorgeous sight like this. It was rare to catch a full view of the sun setting in Seoul because the city was densely filled with high rise buildings and even her school rooftop wouldn't be enough to see it clearly.

Now that her final exams were approaching in two months, she figured that she wouldn't have enough time to travel to the beach or go hiking up a mountain to see the sun set. She was going to be graduating soon too. To think that this was going to be her last trip in high school with her friends... Sure, they could go on a dozen more trips to Busan, Jeju and Japan together, but they after graduation they were going to go their seperate ways. Seul wasn't sure if she could leave 'The Hanguk Gossip' and her friends so easily. Images of her being a crying mess on graduation day were already showing in her mind.

And there was more that unsettled her. What was going to happen between Taehyung and her? Were they going to turn in to a distant memory after graduation? Years of knowing each other and memories made, for some reason Seul didn't want them to become a small topic she would bring up her friends in the future when reminiscing about high school and she didn't want to end up telling them that she missed the person she shared these memories with. 

Taehyung was by her side in middle school up until high school. No longer having him be a part of her life, Seul couldn't live with that reality. She wanted to revisit the lock they locked at Namsan, she wanted to scold him for being daring with his skinship when they were in public and to sum everything up, she just wanted to be with him.

Seul reached her hands up to wipe all the tears streaks from her face. It was a good thing that no one else was here or they would have been weirded out that a girl was up here crying by herself for no reason. She took a deep breath and sighed. I'll just let it all out for now and after the sun sets, I won't cry anymore. I'm stronger than that. I need to tell Taehyung how I feel, I haven't been clear with him.

Seul turned around and walked over to the stairs leading down, but there was someone blocking the way. 

Taehyung stared at her. Sweat covered his forehead and his wet bangs were pushed back and still he managed to shine.

Words wouldn't come out of their mouths. Taehyung was taking steps forwards and Seul was doing the opposite until she had her back pressed against the railings and Taehyung instinctively circled an arm around her waist to stop her from going any further. He pulled her close to him so when she raised her head, his face was all she could see. They widened their eyes, blinking at each other in utter shock for a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter