Twenty Seventh Edition

You Wrote It!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first few hours of their first official day in Taiwan were uneventful. Seul followed the instructions on the itinerary; she woke up at seven and showered, brushed her teeth, got dressed, before going down to the breakfast buffet with Jisoo. During breakfast she sat down with the three boys who seemed to talk to no end. Bobby was busy complaining about how Jimin had been so talkative last night and continuously trying to get him to watch a funny video of a cat playing a keyboard, which was not as relevant as it was ten years ago. 

Taehyung had been sitting a few tables away from them with Kento and Jimin. Every once in a few minutes, girls would come up to him for a small chat. Girls that Seul was sure he had never talked to before. They were probably getting bolder now that the news about her and Taehyung breaking up was being fully realised by everyone in school. Seul glared at Taehyung who was immersed in talking to the girls to notice her, they wouldn't dare to talk to him if they saw how the both of them were last night.

"What, is he going back on his word now?" Seul stared down at her half empty plate with a pout. 

"Seul, did you say something?" Joshua turned to her and she shook her head. "If that's the case, then let's get back to the topic. Seungcheol, later at the museum, you should totally do a handstand."

"What, does that even have anything to do with history?" Seungcheol gave Joshua a judgmental look from across the table.

"No, it'll just look funny for my Snapchat." Joshua said, shrugging. "And Sana asked me why you didn't post anything on your Snapchat yesterday. I guess we can reply to that with the handstand."

"Sana must be Seungcheol deprived back home, don't do this to her~" Bobby added.

"You should do a cartwheel after the handstand." Seul suggested and at that moment Seungcheol almost choked on his food.

"Just admit it. You guys are trying to kill me." He frowned at them.

"No Seungcheol! We love you!" Joshua cooed, spreading his arms out to engulf the boy in a hug only to be pushed away. 

Afterwards, all the students were on the buses again heading to the Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall. It was made in honour of the former President of the Republic of China, hence its name. When they arrived at the park where it was situated the teachers started separating them in to smaller groups again. Each group would go to different buildings and spend about twenty to thirty minutes there, since there was the Memorial Hall Square, the National Concert Hall and the National Theater. 

Two classes were assigned to each teacher and there were also local Taiwanese tour guides who could speak fluent Korean. Seul and Taehyung were in the same group, of course. She wasn't walking with him because they weren't in that type of relationship anymore, she had no excuse to walk next to him. They were friends but no one cared or was aware of that fact and seeing Kim Taehyung walking together with a girl and not a bunch of girls would only gain everyone's attention.

She could only stick together with her three friends for the time being. They were currently pressuring Seungcheol to do the handstand when in the middle of the square. She would have joined them if she wasn't spacing out. It was hard to focus, knowing that the guy you liked was behind you, most likely with a bunch of girls surrounding him. Why in the world were these girls so active all of a sudden, like bees buzzing around a hive?

I'm a jealous monster- I shouldn't be. I was the one who told him that we couldn't date yet... He better get Kim Hanbin to confess soon, so when we date, people won't judge us as much and people will know who the one in the wrong is  

Seul felt someone grab her by the arm. She whirled around to find Taehyung in front of her, his face hinted with slight amusement. He gently pulled her towards him and it was then she realised that she had been walking in another direction, gradually distancing herself from the group. Joshua and the rest must have not noticed the only girl of their group not behind them anymore. Geez, such friends they are. 

"You wanted to tour the area yourself, huh?" Taehyung teased. "You were walking away from everyone, wonder why no one bothered to call you back."

"Joshua, Bobby are too busy getting Seungcheol to do something dumb."

"He deserves it."

"What?"

"Nothing. Anyways, if it weren't for me you would've probably panicked once you snapped out of your daydream."

"Are you kidding? It's not like I would walk a few kilometres away from here." Seul crossed her arms. "T-thanks, for pulling me back. Don't ask for a reward or anything, I don't have any free Domino or Lotteria coupons to give you."

"That's not the type of reward I was thinking about though." Taehyung hinted, taking a step closer to her.

They were at the back of the group. The distance between the both of them and the other students was getting wider by a few feet, as if Taehyung was walking slower on purpose. The other groups were already in their respective buildings, they were the first group to check out the monument in the middle of the square which was outdoor.

"I thought you got yourself quite attached to some other girls. What happened to them?" Seul took another step away.

"I told them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter