Fifth Edition

You Wrote It!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"...It is the dating article." Seul's mouth was agape and she didn't know what to say.

The file on the screen showed them the draft of the dating article planned out on a Word document. There were even several pictures of Seul and Taehyung together outside of school smiling at each other. It looked like they were on a date, but in reality they were just shopping for materials for their school project. At that time Taehyung happened to tell Seul a dumb joke which couldn't stop her from letting out a grin. This picture could've easily been misunderstood by anyone, but it wasn't in the original dating article.

At the end of the document was no information of who wrote the article   nothing. Seul was starting to get more anxious and she spun around to face Taehyung, who pulled a few centimetres away from her in fear that she would knock his head. She didn't want to rationalise anything in her mind because that would've been taking up too much of her time.

She stared at Taehyung with hopeful eyes. "Taehyung, did you write it?! This is your pendrive isn't it?"

Taehyung defensively held up his hands in front of him. "Woah, woah, Seul. How could you just point your fingers at me? I know you really suspect me, but that pendrive isn't even mine. Where did you find it anyway?"

"I found it over there." Seul pointed on the ground next to the shelves of fictional novels. "I found it ten minutes ago, and I never saw this on the ground earlier so that must mean the culprit and I were in the same vicinity fifteen minutes ago! Kim Taehyung, look at me straight and tell me, did you drop it?"

Taehyung rolled his eyes before letting out a sigh. He was extremely tired of Seul not believing him, but the girl couldn't sense that he was bothered by it. "I was in the classroom the whole time. This is my first time coming in here today."

Upon hearing Taehyung's explanation, Seul's suspicion of him being the culprit was reduced by five percent. She was still sort of convinced that Taehyung had something to do behind it, but at the same time she was unsure. All she wanted was for everyone in the school to stop viewing her as Kim Taehyung's girlfriend. A quarter of the girls in school were boycotting her magazine because of this and she knew that there were going to be more girls doing the same.

"Then, what the hell am I supposed to do? Maybe there are still fingerprints on this thing, I could bring it to the police  " Seul was about to leave when Taehyung grabbed her wrist.

"There's no use in going to the police station, the fingerprints have probably been smeared over by yours. And I don't think the police would take your case seriously." The boy took the pendrive out of her hand, holding it in front of her face. "This is just the first puzzle piece to the mystery, Yoon Seul."

"No, I can't do this! I can't sit here like this, I need to catch that culprit before he starts spreading other things about you  "

"When will you ever let my words go through your head, Seul-ah?" Taehyung balled his hand in to a fist, thumping it lightly on her head. "I told you that this is only the first puzzle piece of the mystery. We don't have enough hints to find the culprit."

"Hold on," Seul shoved Taehyung's hand from resting on her head, "what do you mean we?"

"I'm your boyfriend, I should be there to help you whenever you need it. You're not the only one involved in that article, Seul." He winked at her, and Seul sweared there was steam coming out of her nostrils. Why that sly little... "Why are you staring at me like an angry kid? Let's go, we're going to be late for class."

Seul snapped herself out of her daydream, scurrying to gather her things. Since when did she have so many belongings? Her arms were struggling to hold all of them at once. Not to mention, there was still her computer she needed to carry. Seul tried to reach for it, but in the end her arms gave in. Her books, files and pencilcase spreaded themselves on the table in a mess again. She let out a sigh. 

Taehyung shook his head with a grin taking over his lips. He walked over to her, easily gathering her files and books in his arms. While he was doing this, Seul's eyes widened to the shape of saucers at his actions, along with that was slightly agape. Taehyung neared his face to hers. Seul blinked in confusion at their sudden closeness.

"Why? Have you fallen for me already?"

"Keep dreaming, Kim Taehyung!"

 

 

After school, Seul was met with her group members huddled together around Hanbin's desk. The sound of her sliding the door open went in her ears, but no one turned around to look or wave at her. Her, the president who started this club in the first place. They were discussing something in hushed whispers before Bobby started making noise. 

"This article is bound to be a big hit, for sure." Bobby clapped his hands together. "Kim Hanbin, you're a life saver! I originally didn't expect much from a newbie like you, but it looks like you proved me wrong."

"Hey, it was nothing. I didn't do everything by myself either." Hanbin chuckled. "Seul noona helped too. I wouldnt've been able to go myself if she didn't follow me. You guys should make sure to give your president some credit too."

"But, who really is the idol you guys saw? Did you guys not see his face" Sana asked curiously. "If it wasn't any of the Big Bang members, then that's a relief! We can't post this article if it's any of them, I don't want them to get involved in any scandals."

"Seul noona and Taehyung sunbae are in a scandal, aren't they?" Bambam's question sent everyone's eyes directed on to him like he was surrounded by a circle of predators. "D-Did I say s-something   "

Seul pretended not to hear his question and cleared loudly.

"Seul!" Joshua waved enthusiastically. "When did you get here? We were just talking about this article Hanbin came up with. We'll beat 'It's Trending' next month for sure! Even Seungcheol is certain about it," he lowered his voice, "and we know how that grumpy is always certain about the most negative things."

"What? Let me see." Seul squeezed in between in between Sana and Seungcheol to get a better look at the article Hanbin created which was focused on their previous adventure to the YG nightclub. "Y-You're going to post this? I think we should give this to a larger news company first before publishing it on out magazine... I mean it's good and all, but I don't want the company to sue us or anything."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter