Seventh Edition

You Wrote It!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Seul bowed a full ninety degrees after letting Mr. Park hear her idea.

When she was still bowing after quite some time, Taehyung whispered loudly at her. "Seul! What are you doing?"

However, Seul wasn't going to listen to him. She wasn't going to rise until Mr. Park answered her. She kept her eyes glued on the carpeted floor of the staffroom, on her hair dangling at the corner of her eyes and on her feet which were stuck together. She was going to stay like this until school ended if she had to.

"Fine, I'll consider this."

Seul raised her head up and stared at the man with wide, hopeful eyes. "Are you serious? You really will consider it?"

"Yes, whichever team has the most sales by the end of this month can stay, while the other has to leave."

Taehyung raised his eyebrows in puzzlement. "What? How does that make both of our teams stay?" He looked over at Seul, but she didn't answer him nor did she look at him. "Seul, say something. You can't be serious about this."

Still ignoring Taehyung, Seul gave Mr. Park one last bow before leaving. She noticed that her team members weren't waiting for her outside anymore. They were probably walking back to the clubroom to pack their belongings. 

Seul walked through the empty hallway, but all of a sudden she could hear footsteps catching up to her. She stopped in her tracks, knowing that she couldn't outrun Taehyung even if she tried to run. 

Once Taehyung was in front of her with his arms stuck out to prevent her from going further, he panted. "Yoon Seul... what you said just now, what do you mean by that? That doesn't benefit both of us at all! At the end of the month, one of us is going to disband and you look completely fine about it. What? Are you planning to kick me and my team out for good  "

"Kim Taehyung, don't say that." Seul cut him off. "I don't have anything against your team."

At this point, she could see that Taehyung was starting to get frustrated. "Then, why?!"

"Because what else was I supposed to say?! Oh, sure, I'll disband because the school says so or Oh no, why can't you disband Taehyung's club isntead of mine? They write articles anyway, was I supposed to say that? You couldn't think of anything back there, and that idea was the only thing I had in my mind that could save us both, and our friends too!"

Taehyung rubbed one side of his face before sighing. "You're right, I'm sorry for shouting at you like that. Now that I think about it, your idea really does sound like the best option for us at the moment." The boy's serious look turned in to a cheerful grin and he pinched one side of her cheek. "It's a good idea, Seul, but I think you may need to explain it to me a little bit more." And he walked off. Just like that.

Yep, after getting angry at Seul for a few seconds, he managed to go back to his cunning self.

Was he bipolar?

 

 

When Seul returned back to the clubroom, she found her members all with their heads hung low. They were all clearing their desks, except for Hanbin who was watching them as he stuffed his hand in a bag of chips. Hanbin noticed that she'd come in, and in an instant he beamed. 

"Oh, noona, you're back!" 

Everyone turned to look at Seul. Joshua sighed. "Aren't you going to pack? We're getting kicked out, aren't we?"

At first the look Seul gave her members were sullen, and before she could even smile, their shoulders slumped before they resumed packing their belongings. Seul blinked, realising that they'd all ignored her. At the side, she could hear Hanbin laughing to himself. She frowned and took a deep breath.

"WE'RE NOT DISBANDING!"

"We're not?!" Joshua shot out from under the table.

"We're not   Wait, what were doing under the table, Hong Jisoo?"

"I wasn't crying!" Joshua sniffed and ran over to envelop Seul in a bearhug.

"I'm s-s-suffoc-cating!" 

Joshua pulled back for Seul to catch a breather and turned to the rest of the members. "Didn't you guys hear her?! We're not disbanding! 'The Hanguk Gossip' is not disbanding! Yoon Seul, you're a life saver!"

"I heard that correctly, didn't I?" Sana stuttered at Seungcheol. "We're not getting evicted? I don't need to clear the mess on my desk!"

"If you aren't deaf, you probably heard them." Seungcheol crossed his arms, a smirk trailing on his lips. "Let's join the group hug!"

One by one, Seul felt herself being jumped on by her friends. It was definitely uncomfortable to be in the middle of a bunch of sweaty bodies and crying faces, but she didn't feel bothered. These people were her second family, friends she'd been with for years. She hoped that they would still be able to stick together even after she graduated.

While being surrounded by her club members, she could see Hanbin who was the only one not joining in the hug. The boy had his arms crossed as a slight smirk showed on his face. She wasn't sure what it meant, and figuring that it was his usual personality, she brush

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter