Thirteenth Edition

You Wrote It!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

 

The lesson after break was History. Mrs. Hwang, their history teacher who was in her early fifties and had to often squint her eyes at the textbook, was currently going through the Goryeo era with them in depth. Seul found herself getting distracted by the image of her kiss with Taehyung. It was just that she hadn't been kissed by anyone so long, so she felt bothered by it. The last person who liked her was a chubby boy in fifth grade whose name she couldn't remember.

By now, everything had seemed to calm down. There was no sign of Choi Junghoon or any of his friends. The corridors outside were absent of any rowdy activity, from what she could see. 

Seul found herself shifting uncomfortably on her chair. Her felt trapped because it was confined to a small, uncomfortable, wooden seat. She tried to focus on the discussion the class was having about the society of Goryeo. There were six classes of Korean nobility, Gukgong, Gungong   A sudden kick of her chair made her head shoot up in surprise.

She turned around, a glare already personally prepared for Kim Taehyung. The boy was leaned back in his chair, his feet rested on the back legs of her chair and an amused smirk on his face Instantly as if on cue, all the memories of the kiss replayed in her mind and her face started to heat up. She saw him mouth something to her. 

"What page are we on?"

"Do you even know what topic we're on?!" Seul whispered at him as she peered at his desk. There were a few pens sprawled around and other stationery, as if he had been making his own makeshift battlefield out of pens and erasers and rulers. The worst thing was that his textbook was in front of him, closed, serving as a platform for his game.

Taehyung leaned his face forwards, which made Seul wary of their closeness. "I'm not that dumb Seul, I know we're talking about the Goryeo society."

"Kim Taehyung, please read the next paragraph about Korean nobility." Mrs Hwang said, not tearing her eyes off from the textbook.

"Page what?!" Taehyung frantically mouthed. 

"Page Fifty-four! FIFTY-FOUR!" Seul mouthed back to him, feeling twice as frantic eventhough she wasn't the one chosen to read. 

"What are you waiting for? You may begin." Mrs Hwang looked up from the podium, meeting eyes with Taehyung, and then shifting her stare on to his desk where his textbook was finally opened to the right page. She squinted her eyes back at her textbook. "Start from 'The Goryeo era had six classes of Korean nobility'..."

As Taehyung started reading aloud, Seul turned to face the front again. Her eyes traveled around the classroom and she saw several students reading 'The Hanguk Gossip' under their desks. An unknowing smile tugged at her lips. People are actually reading it. That's good. That was one worry ticked off her list, the second one was how she was going to deal with Taehyung if he were to open his mouth and spill information about the kiss.

 

 

"Seul, this is absolutely crazy!" Joshua came up to her in the cafeteria after she had finished paying for her breadroll. 

"What?" She asked.

"Our sales have blasted! I asked Mrs Choi to record how many people bought our magazine, and out of one thousand students, we already sold seventy."

"Uh-huh, that's great." She nodded, trying to keep her friend's enthusiasm up. "See, I told you it would do good. I risked my life for the main article. Well, Hanbin and I did, that is."

"Now that you mention it," Joshua grinned, "you did go together with Hanbin to that nightclub last time, didn't you? Are you sure you two don't have something going on. I mean he treats you so nice, and he brought your stuff that you left... You know, the 'relationship' between you and Taehyung's fake anyway, so why not   Mmf!"

Seul clasped a hand tightly over Joshua's blabbering mouth because from a distance she could see Choi Junghoon making his way for her. When Joshua followed her stare he widened his eyes and through his muffled voice he was probably shouting for them to make a quick escape. But she mustered up the courage to stay in her place and resist the urge to fall on the floor. 

Seul never noticed how large Choi Junghoon was compared to her. She looked like a small, angry puppy trying to stand up to a fierce bulldog. 

"What do you want?" She asked sharply.

"I heard that you're dating Kim Taehyung now, Yoon Seul..." Junghoon eyed her up and down with a dirty look on his face. "I thought you had better taste."

"That's none of your business now, is it? I'll give you five seconds to answer my question. What do you want?"

"Ooh, the little puppy is acting fierce. What should I say about that?" Junghoon lowered his head down to Seul's height before he pulled back and looked around the cafeteria. "I haven't seen that punk Taehyung today. You should've seen me this morning, I could've killed someone. He should be thankful that I've calmed down."

"L-Look, Junghoon, I don't think it's necessary to mention killing someone, especially since we're in school..." Joshua shut up when Junghoon's attention shifted from Seul to him. "I'll zip my mouth now."

"So, you have any idea where he is? I'm not planning on killing him. I just wanna teach him a small lesson."

Seul knew what he meant by a small lesson. In Junghoon's dictionary, it included ten minutes of being kicked in the stomach. She couldn't imagine Taehyung being put in that situation.

"I don't know where he is. Haven't seen him the whole day. If you think you're so high and mighty, shouldn't you be able to find him yourself? You have a lot of lackeys behind you who be glad to help."

Junghoon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter