First Edition

You Wrote It!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Today marked the day that intense matters were going to go down.

On an early Monday morning, during the second week back to school, Yoon Seul found herself barging in the work area of 'The Hanguk Gossip'. Their work area was on the first floor, at the end of a hallway of other classrooms in Hanguk High, Seoul. What was the worse of all was that their room was opposite their rival team's: 'It's Trending'.

She pushed the sliding door open forcefully, the sound of the door colliding with the wall caused her members to jerk in surprise. Everyone in the room turned to stare at her. Bobby had dropped his phone on the floor after seeing an angry Yoon Seul, Joshua had paused his binge watching session (he was really hardcore when it came to dramas), Seungcheol was furiously scanning through their rival team's magazine and Bambam was busy playing computer games with his earphones plugged in before Sana yanked them off him. 

It was as if the news of her 'dating' Kim Taehyung wasn't affecting them at all. 

"Sseul noona, you're here!" Bambam stood up from his seat, pouting. "Did you see their cover? Did you see it?!"

"Of course she's seen it, look at her face." Bobby ruffled his hair in frustration. "Ah, 'It's Trending'. They're unbelievable, really. They've always been getting on our nerves ever since us seniors were freshmen. All because of  "

"Kim. Tae. Hyung." Seul carelessly threw the magazine aside and it barely missed hitting Joshua square in the face. 

"Seul, um, before we do anything we'll regret," Sana walked over to her slowly, placing her hands on the furious girl's shoulders, "why don't we just ask ourselves some reasonable questions? Or maybe we could reason with them like polite students?"

Sometimes Seul could say she was on good terms with Kim Taehyung, but she was mostly on bad terms with him. Their relationship was confusing, it was often on and off between them. They were in the same class and she didn't like how he always picked her during partner projects because he knew so well that the work she did was commendable. That seemed like the case to her. 

Kim Taehyung was also the founder of 'It's Trending'. When Yoon Seul had started 'The Hanguk Gossip' in her freshman year, she was devastated to find that her classmate had started a club, specialising in the same thing, opposite her. From then, the two of them had been competing for every student's favour. During the end of each month, they would compare the number of people who liked their edition. Taehyung's team often snagged first place from them by a small number.

"I'm going to kill him!" 

Hearing the girl announce that, all of her friends instantly jumped out of their seats to crowd around her.

"Hey, Seul-ah, I think it's better if you listen to what Sana said. I mean, if we initiate war with them now we're obviously going to lose." Seungcheol pointed out, slinging his arm around her. "They have more people than us!"

"By that, you mean just one more person?" Jiwon rolled his eyes, obviously sounding more pumped up at the idea to provoke them instead. "I bet they planned to write that article so more students would be interested to buy it instead of ours."

"C'mon, you've got to admit though." Joshua held their magazine up. "Nobody would want to read about the best pick-up lines in the world. Who even suggested that anyway?"

"Sana noona was the one who approved it..." Bambam reasoned before he received a slap on the back from the said girl. 

"Forget that, what's the difference between our sales?" Yoon Seul closed her eyes as she massage her temples.

Seungcheol ran over to his desk to check the results on his laptop. "According to the latest graph I updated, they're ahead of us by about thirty people. People will keep going to the school shop to get their hands on the magazine. At this rate, we might as well disband!"

"For God's sake, Seungcheol, you need to stop being so negative all the time!" Sana raised a hand at the boy, threatening to hit him if he was still going to continue to make the situation worse than it already was. The boys were occasionally scared of her because during some days she could pack quite a punch; Seul guessed that it was today.

"Nobody stop me." Seul's dead serious voice sliced through the deafening banter of her friends. 

It didn't take her more than a few seconds to march out of the clubroom with five nosy spectators slowly trailing behind her. Five steps later, she was standing outside the room of 'It's Trending'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter