Chapter 9 – The New Queen

THINK TWICE!

“Sandwiches with your specified ingredients, crackers and banana milk!” 
I said as I passed the doggy bag to Sana at the school gates.

She looked at her watch before snatching the bag from my hands. “You are on time.”

“I do keep my promises,” I said wiping the sweat on my brow.

“Good to know, because things will just get harder from here,” she noted before heading into the school gates.

I may be seeing things but she did flash a brief look of being impressed.


I was running to the classroom when a familiar voice called to me.

“Sungjoon oppa!”

“Hey Chaeng….” I turned to see the dongsaeng I watched growing up and my jaws dropped to the floor.

Rocking one of the brightest hair colors I have ever seen, the 1st year student skipped towards me.

“You dyed your hair…”

“Red, I know,” Chaeyoung smiled brightly, even stopping to do a little twirl, “How do I look?”

“Like a tomato.”

Momo walked by, looking half awake, pouring chips into while simultaneously devouring a Hershey bar before frowning, “These chips will really taste better with some ketchup.”

She suddenly stopped and turned to me, “Oh yeah by the way, Jihyo wants you to know we are having another meeting after school today. We need to start working on campaign posters….”

The school bell began to ring and I turned to say goodbye when a hand grasped the edge of my jacket.

“Oppa.”

I looked down to see the girl with tomato red hair looking up at me.

“We haven’t hung out in a while. Want to grab a meal and catch up this weekend?”


Chaeyoung did a victory dance as she pranced back to the first year hallways.

She did it! She asked Sungjoon oppa out!...well sort of….it’s not like she asked him on a date but…CLOSE ENOUGH.

It was about time she toughened up and talked to Sungjoon. The hair really helped to get his attention. She giggled to herself as she tapped on her smart phone that was last on the wiki page of “She Was Pretty”.

K-Dramas do teach you things. Like, makeovers do work.


I walked into the classroom and noticed it was surprisingly empty. Only Nayeon, Jungyeon and Jackson were in and Jackson was strangely quiet.

“Hey, what’s up?”

“…nothing. Just tired from fencing…that’s all,” muttered Jackson, lying face flat on the desk.

“Okay, you just seem not as lively as usual…just checking.”

Meanwhile, Nayeon and Jungyeon were staring daggers at each other, as a form lay between them on Jungyeon’s table.

“Foreign Student Mentorship Program” was what it read.


“Why us?”

Jungyeon growled as the teacher, Ok Taecyeon seonseng, sat her and Nayeon down for a talk.

“Because you two are the only seniors not signed up for any extra curricular activities right now.”

“Well, I did not know I was coming back, till 3 weeks ago,” shrugged Nayeon before flashing a smile at the teacher.

“I’ve got a part-time job at a cafe,” Jungyeon added.

Ok seonseng frowned. “Either way, you two will need something leadership related on your résumé for college admissions. So it’s best if you guys take on the job.”

“I’m happy to do it alone,” smiled Nayeon, pulling her chair closer to the teacher. Jungyeon rolled her eyes at this gesture but at the same time was not displeased with this suggestion at all.

“Unfortunately, we will need as many people’s help as possible,” the teacher continued, before passing the two the form, 
“This student may cause some…disruptions.”


The crowd parted like the red sea as a girl with a tall figure walked down the hallway.
Boys dropped whatever they were holding and girls were in awe.

“I’ve seen her somewhere before…” Jimin noted as she peered out of the class window.

Yugyeom spit the water he was drinking but quickly grew silent when Yerin leaned on the wall besides the window near him. She gestured to Jimin. “I find her familiar looking too. Wonder where I saw her...”

Momo shoved her way through the onlookers from their classroom to get a good look from the window too. “She’s pretty~” noted Momo, grinning sheepishly.

“Bambam…are you drooling?”

Jihyo’s eyes looked even bigger than usual as the girl turned the corner away from the second year classrooms towards the first year ones.


“Heol…life is unfair…”


Chaeyoung and Dahyun gaped at the girl who stood outside their classroom. She looked like a freaking goddess…well, a queen goddess if Nayeon sunbae was already one.

Speak of the devil.

“Cho Tzuyu!”

The new girl turned around to see two people meeting her in the hallway.

I’m Im Nayeon, a third year and your mentor for the year,” Nayeon sunbae smiled warmly at the girl, “I’ll be like a second mum to you.”

The other girl crossed her arms, “I’m Yoo Jungyeon. I guess I’ll be your dad.”

BONUS

Oh you wish.