Chapter 21 – Wrong Place, Wrong Time

THINK TWICE!

 

 

As Sana faced me, staring intently into my eyes, a strong feeling of déjà vu occurred.
This has happened. Before.


Earlier Last Night

“Sunbae…”

Sana perked at the sound of Mina’s voice as she was somewhat waking up to go to the bathroom. Was she calling for her?

She turned over only to find Sungjoon’s back towards her, facing Mina.

“What do you think of me?”

Wait what?!

Sana could hear Sungjoon swallowing hard upon hearing these words.
FREAKING BYUNTAE!

But…what will he do?
Does he like Mina?
Does Mina like him?

This thought loomed in Sana’s mind as she noticed Sungjoon reaching out as if to examine if it is a reality or a dream, only to make contact with Mina’s sweater.

Suddenly, Mina shuffled closer towards Sungjoon.
Her face was inching towards his…

Without thinking, Sana grasped Sungjoon by the collar and pulled him over to her side.
His face was right in front of her’s…his eyes were closed, as if he finally drifted off to sleep.

Could he just be pretending to get out of this awkward situation?


Before Sana could analyse more, something or someone appeared to Sungjoon towards her.
Her lips felt moist as a heatwave spread throughout her body.

She quickly pulled back, touching her own lips that were just touched by someone else’s.
She looked down at the only possible culprit, Myoui Mina, who seemed to be fast asleep but with a contented smile on her lips.


“Do you know why Jihyo and Jungyeon volunteered to go to get Sungjoon sunbae back?” Tzuyu pondered, as she and Nayeon walked in front towards the base camp while Momo and Mina trailed behind them, deep in thought.



Nayeon broke in a soft smile, “Jungyeon knew Sungjoon for a long time so it only makes sense. Jihyo obviously cares about her friends but she also has to protect her event organizer image and do something….”

“Is that it?” Tzuyu continued asking, seemingly unconvinced.

“Jihyo has her reasons…so does Jungyeon,” Nayeon muttered, turning her head to look back at the other two girls, “They all have their reasons.”

She spun back to face her mentee, “But you are awfully curious, aren’t you? Is there something you know?”


Earlier in the Day

“Why the hell did you do that?”

Sana looked intently at Mina as she gave her a good shake in the girls’ bathroom.

“First you cling around Sungjoon and now you did this to me…what’s your goal here sista?!”

Mina looked blankly at the agitated girl, her arms folded. “Sana-chan, you seem to pay awfully close attention to my interactions with the sunbae since the camp began…even jumping in to join us on the banana boat and sleeping arrangements. Mina paused and looked up at the other girl, “I wonder why.”

The former ballerina spun around gracefully and headed out of the bathroom entrance. “You will thank me later for helping you sort out your feelings. For now, feel free to be pissed at me. I really don’t care.”

A shadow brushed past her at the doorway and Mina noticed it was the Taiwanese super model 1st year Tzuyu rushing to the bathroom.
She wondered how much the girl heard.


“So it was you…”

I looked at the girl facing me with her hands on my collar.

“Yes,” Sana noted, her face blushed and her eyes looking down at the ground, “You know that was my first kiss…don’t you?

“…Well…I do now,” I said hesitantly, “You do know it wasn’t on purpo…”

She suddenly looked up at me, her eyes meeting my uncertain gaze.

“You took my first kiss," Sana muttered,
"So now I’m taking yours.”

My lips felt warm.

How did she know it was my first kiss?
At that moment nothing seemed to matter. A gazillion feelings and thoughts clouded out my mind.
Is that how first kisses are like?
I wondered if she felt that way last night…even though I barely felt or remembered anything….

But the moment was cut short as quickly as it escalated when a familiar voice could be heard from the other side of the boulder.

“Sungjoon sunbae! Are you and Sana there?”