Chapter 13 – Choices

THINK TWICE!

“I sometimes wonder why we make such a big deal about new students,” I mused as Jungyeon just relayed a Kakao message from Jimin about another new girl, “Especially this year. It’s not a big deal. Just another kid like us who transferred from another ordinary school like ours.”

“It is because the past few instances have been very different,” Jungyeon responded, “Like the return of an overachiever sunbae.

A glance was thrown at Nayeon sunbae’s direction who simply returned the gesture of Jungyeon with a somewhat calculated smile + pose.

“Also, the recent new girls have been hot,” Jackson noted.

“And how do you know about the newest girl’s looks already?”

“You better thank me for this,” he smirked, tossing me his phone. A familiar face looked back at me from a message Bambam sent Jackson.

“EH?!”


“Wow, great grades and an...amazing background,” Ok seonseng noted, flipping through the CV of the new student. Why have their school recently accepted students with such crazy pasts? A super teen model and now this?!

“Ok Taecyeon seonseng, don’t get distracted by the new pretty student and remind her about mentorship!”
Ok seonseng noticed the comment from the cheeky history teacher Jo Kwon seonseng, who tossed a brochure at him.

“Right, as an international student, you will be given a mentor for your first year, which you can opt to continue having later on. Usually we would have assigned you one but your transfer was somewhat sudden so…”

“Actually,” the quiet girl finally spoke, “Can I choose my own mentor?”


“You know her?”

Jungyeon and Nayeon turned to look at my strange reaction after Jackson’s question.

“Firstly, why the hell did Bambam take a stalker pic and secondly, yes I know her! She lives next door!

“My old house?!” Jungyeon chimed in before I could elaborate.
Nayeon gave Jungyeon this look I could not read.

“No, no, no. Your place is still owned by the strangely fashionable family. The Yangs or something. I’m talking about the haunted house next door!

“Oh…right…” Jungyeon nodded slowly before turning away, “That place.”


8 Years Ago

“Hurry up, Kim Sungjoon!”

“Shut up Yoo Jungyeon! I’m doing my best!”

A little Sungjoon slowly climbed over the wall into the garden of the mansion.
“Seungyeon noona will kill us if she finds out. And our parents.”

“Who cares. They won’t. Here’s your torch slowjoon!” Jungyeon noted, tossing him his torch back.

“I’M NOT SLOW!”
Sungjoon barked back as they made their way into the rumored haunted house of the neighborhood.

As expected, the door was unlocked.
The lazy construction workers merely locked the gates and expected all to be good.
Who would want to steal from an empty mansion where a murder occurred 10 years ago anyways?
And with the curse continuing to a recent owner falling into a pit of rabid penguins in a zoo abroad.
Apparently this house was so cursed that even rabid penguins could become a thing.
Which made it the perfect place for the JungJoon Adventuring Duo.

“I still think this is a terrible idea…” Sungjoon noted as Jungyeon used her finger to hush him.
Suddenly, realizing what she was doing, she awkwardly pulled her hand away from his face.

“Just stay quiet,…okay?????”

All of a sudden, a gust of wind howled in the giant living room and the curtains began to flail like possessed spirits.
A chill passed down Jungyeon’s spine as she began to regret her decision.

A warm hand swiftly grabbed hers.

“Jungyeon-ah, are you okay?”


I looked blankly at my friend who sat spacing out looking into the hallway. 
I turned to see a familiar face standing beside Ok seonseng. Momo was also surprisingly in the hallway, seemingly walking towards the new girl.

She pointed towards me.

“I want him, as my mentor.”


NEXT WEEK: THE BEGINNING OF THE JEJU ISLAND MENTORSHIP CAMP!!!!

IT'S GOING TO BE A GREAT ARC ;)