Chapter 4 - One Step Closer

THINK TWICE!

I sat in the classroom with a few other students at Jihyo paced in front of the blackboard after school. A chime could be heard and she pulled out her phone to read the notification.

“Dammit, she can’t make it. Oh well, let’s start without her this time,” Jihyo said with a sigh before taking the seat in the front.

“Anyways, thank you so much for agreeing to join my campaign team!” she continued, with her signature smile on, “It’s great to have representatives from all areas in the school!”

“Representatives….???” I looked at Jihyo uncertainly.

With a confident smirk, Jihyo gestured, “Introduce yourselves!”

“Hi guys!” said a familiar looking boy sitting opposite me flipping through a comic book, “I’m Bambam! I’m from Thailand and representing the foreign student concerns!”

HOLY . That’s Bambam. The boy Jackson mentored last semester. I know him. How did he get so much taller all of a sudden???

“Hello, I’m Wonpil. I will be representing the arts – music and fine arts,” a boy with a wide grin said.

“I’m Jae. I’ll be repping the sciences, tech and social media efforts of our school,” said a boy who reminded me of chicken little.

“And I’m Momo,” said a girl with blonde hair and bangs beside me who stood up for the introduction, “I technically can rep arts too, since I do stuff with ‘Peach Attack’, but I’m here to talk about food.”

“….”

It seemed like everyone had something they were representing in the team and knew what they were representing…even if it’s food. I turned to Jihyo, “You never told me what I’m supposed to be doing?!”

“Well sunbae, we already have someone dealing with sports who is not coming today….so what’s left?”

“….Academics???”

“BINGO!” Jihyo beamed, “You have good grades and are well liked. But overall you also do a bit of everything, so you can give advice to the others.”

“…You have too high expectations of me.”

“Well don’t prove me wrong then,” she said with a wink before proceeding with the meeting.

The team all had a lot of ideas and seemed like great people. But it had been a long day and I noticed myself drifting in and out of the conversation….

….wait…what is going on???

I was startled by this strange movement by my left thigh. Is something…someone…

Peering to my left I saw Momo, the girl with blonde hair and bangs looking calm, attentive and nodding to the things being suggested by Jae while she rubbed her own legs against mine.

What was this?! FOOTSIES?

I felt a heat rising up my face but no way was I going to embarrass myself in front of the others. I took a deep breath and scooted over very subtly…

…and she just placed her right hand on my left knee.

WHO IS SHE???

“AH!”

Momo stood up as Jihyo’s cup of water spilled on the table towards her.

“Aigoo! I’m so sorry…you okay???” Jihyo asked, looking concerned as Momo gestured it was all good and headed to the bathroom to clean up. There also did not seem to be too much left to discuss so everyone decided to just email or group chat each other more ideas, calling it a day.


“Hmmmm….OW!!!”

I looked at Jimin who just gave me a punch on my arm. “What are you looking at?”

“Er…that girl Momo. Over there?” I pointed to the blonde girl who had her arms around this female friend of hers at the cafeteria, “Is she always that touchy?”

Jimin nodded, “Yup. Hirai Momo. Queen of Skinship and leader of dance crew ‘Peach Attack’. I sometimes wonder if she’s gay.”

Jimin sure knows her stuff. But she obviously did not know about the incident between me and Momo yesterday. Maybe she was not that gay after all.

“Is she just as touchy with guys???” I asked, “Would lead to confusion often, no?”

“Honestly, she’s just kind of touchy with everyone. More with girls but she definitely has confused a guy or two before. Still doesn’t stop me from thinking she’s gay.”

“Then how come she’s still single?” Jungyeon joined in, placing her tray of food on the table. I wonder how Jungyeon even knew Momo was single.

Jimin looked at the two of us and sighed, “You clueless children.”

Jackson pulled out his Macbook and searched for something. Then he started to play a video.

“ANNYEONGASEYO! Welcome back to Moguri’s Tasty Tasty!” said the familiar touchy girl on the screen, “Today what will we be having? Oh look…it’s jokbal!!!

As the mukbang played, we watched as Momo devoured five servings of pig’s feet before our eyes while narrating all the wonders of the food. No wonder she was food and dining rep.

“You said that’s the reason she’s still single?” I frowned, “It seems quite ist to reject a girl based on her appetite…”

Jimin rolled her eyes, “It’s not that. It’s the fact no guy would be able to afford a date with her. Taking her out on a date would be like running an army barrack dining hall.”

“Plus her parents run one of the best jokbal restaurants in town,” Jackson added, “So she has really high standards when it comes to food. Nobody dares to take her on a date since what high school students can afford to feed her, often disappoints.”

“And how do you know that?” Jungyeon looked at Jackson judgingly.

He pointed to a boy holding a tray of food who as soon as he saw Momo, rushed to the opposite direction. Jackson shook his head, “Poor soul. At least he tried. I heard he spent all his savings on that one date and Momo spent all the time rating the food lowly although eating it all and was still hungry by the end of it.”

“But he still fell for the touchiness,” grunted Jimin, “Not like Junior sunbae. When Momo touched him during a scene in the ‘Stop Stop It’ play last year, he was all like what the hell at her afterwards.”

“Stop fangirling,” Jackson gave her the side eye.

“I’m not,” mused Jimin, “Totally not.”


“Yo Jackson~”

Jackson grinned at the sight of his favorite dongsaeng. If he’s the one who lights the flame to parties, she’s the one who fans them.

“My favorite eagle dancing Tofu! What’s up!!!” he said, high-fiving Dahyun in the hallways.

“Nothing much, just catching up with you!” Dahyun laughed, “Plus seeing when we can have a squad hangout again!”

Jackson nodded. “True. True. It's been a while since you, me and Jimin have been out raining havoc to the world. What do you have in mind?”

Dahyun made a cunning expression before laughing it off. “Nah, no cunning plans right now. Let’s start with something simple. Wanna go to the noraebang?”

Jackson threw in a thumbs up. “JO-AH! I like that. Let’s do this!!!”

“And want to bring some other friends too? We can have a 3 year bonding thing!” Dahyun added, sounding as casual as she could be.

Jackson did not seem to notice this and just nodded in agreement. “I’ll see if Sungjoon and Jungyeon are down.”

“Cool, see you guys soon!”

“See ya!”

Dahyun grinned as she pulled out her phone and typed away on KakaoTalk.

“Eagle to Little Bean. Mission Accomplished ^^”


We will now include some bonus scenes to some of the chapters. This could be based on the author’s random ideas or suggestions from fans. Feel free to message me for ideas.