Chapter 30 – Date?

THINK TWICE!

 

I stood outside the cinema, checking my watch.
Suddenly, hurried footsteps could be heard coming towards me.

“Sungjoon sunbae!”

I looked up to see Chaeng running towards me.
She really looked adorable in casual clothes – like a little bean.

“Are you ready to go?”

“Of course!”

The hoobae followed me as I entered the cinema and looked around at the films that were airing.

The Veteran looks really good…” I noted, grinning from ear-to-ear, “Seoul police, smugglers…”

“What about Sweet Sixteen?” Chaeyoung noted, pointing to the romance film starring former EXO member Kris and Joo Won.

I shrugged, “The storyline is kind of obvious though…female lead dates Han Geng but Kris is always by her side. Joo Won is evil and does evil things then Kris saves her and ultimately, she will choose Kris, I think? The trailer sort of gave it all away…

“Fine, fine, fine! Let’s watch The Veteran instead then!”

I did not want to force Chaeyoung to watch something she did not want to but she argued that what I said made sense and The Veteran would be more interesting and unexpected.

We bought popcorn and drinks and took our seats in the theatre.
Suddenly, two familiar figures walked over to the seats beside me.

Doyoung and Jihyo each had a coke in hand, with the latter almost dropping her drink and popcorn when she saw I was to be sitting next to her.

Talk about unexpected.


“This, or this?”

Jackson failed to see the difference between the two bracelets Jimin was pointing to.

Ya, Wang Jackson! Come on, I need to get something for Jinyoung! He got me a nice birthday present this summer and I feel like I still owe him,” the girl pouted, “Just help me pick one already!”

Jackson muttered, “Do you like him that much?”
He only agreed to come because Jimin said it would just be the two of them.
And it had been forever since the two of them hung out.
Alone.

Now this.

Jimin put her hands on her hips, “Maybe I was not super into him at first but he is starting to grow on me. So, left, or right?”

Jackson wanted to ask more specifically how much she liked Jinyoung but wondered if he was in a position to ask such a question even if it bugged him like mad.

“Look, either one would do,” he said, turning away from the display, “And should you not be asking Bambam when it comes to fashion?”

“Like I would not!” Jimin retorted, “He happened to be busy today. Wonder if he has got a date or something?

Jackson smirked, “Like that kid could get a date for being so extra…the day someone wants to marry him is the day I would win the lottery.”


Bambam stood outside the address given by his mother.
There was a huge house in front of him with walls and gates to boot.
Who were Lalisa’s host parents? Well, he was about to find out.

The boy pressed the doorbell and waited for a response from the speakers.

“Hello?” A man with a strange Korean accent spoke.

“Um, I am looking for Lalisa Manoban? I am…”

“Are you her boyfriend?”

“EHHHH? NO!”

“I heard some boy was coming over to pick her up…”

“AHHH! Mr. Yang, I don’t have any boyfriend coming?!” Bambam heard a familiar voice coming out of the speakers.
It must be Lalisa. He had not seen her for years and really would not have recognized her voice. But somehow Bambam found the voice oddly similar to someone he knows…as of late.

But before he could recall, another boy had taken the position beside him.

“I guess I am the boyfriend you guys had in mind,” the other boy said, flashing a grin at Bambam.

“HOLY he is one good-looking fella,” Bambam mused to himself before reminding his ego that he was just as, if not better looking than this stranger.

“Hey,” the stranger continued, “My name’s Ten. And who might you be, not-Lisa’s boyfriend?”


Jungyeon kept a good distance from the two.

She was just helping the café she worked at to move crates when she noticed the two walking down the street together.
She quickly told the manager, who she was friendly with, that she saw a friend and would go over to say hi.
After getting the manager’s permission, she slowly tailed the two as they took a seat at the nearby park.

This was the second time she saw Im Nayeon and Choi Youngjae together.
And she did not think they were dating…or were they? What could it be?