Chapter 24 - Feelings

THINK TWICE!

Sana drew close to me.
Suddenly Jungyeon and Jihyo appeared from afar, looking at us.
“Sungjoon sunbae, are you and Sana there?”

I jotted up from my dream as I heard Jihyo’s voice echo in my head.
Why was I having this dream again?

The same dream played in my head as we all sat at a meeting for Jihyo’s campaign at the SMTown Café.

“Guys, things are looking bad,” Jihyo noted wearily. She looked like she slept poorly for days, “Why didn’t we know Youngjae was running for student president too?”

“He sort of decided last week. Also, his weird funny videos of doing the mannequin challenge have been very hit on campus,” Jae noted, “That’s problematic.”

https://vine.co/v/50aAMwAWA2U

https://vine.co/v/50zV7q0T6zZ

“Shut up, you watched this video nonstop too!” Bambam outed Jae who pinched his cheeks in response.

“With his decent grades, well-known image as the only male cheerleader and now these viral hit videos during the holidays, we are in a tight position,” Sana pointed out, “I heard lots of people want to vote for him now.”

“I think I know why Jihyo is losing to him,” I joined in, pushing the dream to the back of my mind, “I mean she’s flawless.”

Bambam kicked me in the shins as Jae and Wonpil stared at me judgingly with a you-don’t-say-that-in-front-of-your-girlfriend face.

Sana and Jihyo both coughed awkwardly while Momo chuckled, “He’s got a point though.”

“What I mean is Jihyo seems TOO good,” I said, doing my best to save the ship, “Like the perfect student who gets the job done. Most people don’t know she can be fun, even though we do.”

“Wait, Jihyo can be fun?” Bambam laughed and gets a croissant to his face from said girl.

“I can be VERY fun; you just wait…” she retorted as she rolled up her sleeves.

“Your drinks are here…”

A soft-spoken boy with bunny-like teeth walked over, trays in hand.

Thanks Doyoung oppa! You left your post by the coffee machine, that’s rare!” Jihyo noted, helping him with the tray. She shot Bambam a deal-with-you-later look.

He smiled slightly, “Jaehyun suggested I bring these over…”

I gave the boy a once over.
Doyoung OppaCoffee Machine.
He must be the boy who tried to give me diabetes…

The boy seemed to notice me giving him a look and placed his hand on a cup. “Did you order a caramel latté?”

“Yes,” I responded curtly, “With no extra sugar or syrup this time.”


Jihyo looked at me giving an unflinching glare and then at Doyoung who looked straight at me without loosening his grip on the latté cup, deciding if she should say something.

“I love caramel lattés too~” Momo chirped in to reach for the cup.

Doyoung pulled back, while Momo passed me the cup, “Awww, he’s a shy one. But you’ve got nice soft hands…

Doyoung quickly excused himself as Jae pointed out that Momo had scared him away.
She simply shrugged and dug into a donut.

I suddenly noticed Chaeng entering the café and giving us a wave.

What I didn’t notice was Sana’s face as she looked at the caramel latté before me.


Mina rose from bed, ruffling her hair and checking the time.
2:00pm.
She loved holidays.

She pulled off her shirt and headed to the shower when her phone let out a distinctive “ping”

She knew from the sound who the message was from.

That girl thought they grew closer now.
But she could learn to
wait a little.


Nayeon stood outside the cinema looking at her phone whilst waiting for them to appear.

She never waited for people before but guess today was an exception.

“YAH!”

She followed the sound of the cry to see Jungyeon and Tzuyu running over from the subway station.

“THIS CHICK GOT LOST!”, The girl with short hair pointed to the other girl, who was doing her best rendition of the puppy eyes, “I had to go find her and bring her here.”

Nayeon shrugged at the explanation and pulled them over, “Then less talking and more walking. Let’s go!”

As they chattered away, walking to the cinema, Nayeon noticed a familiar face walking by, chatting with a tall and handsome young man.

She could not let her see her like this.

“Um, let’s go this way!” Nayeon said as quiet but clear as she could, gesturing the girls to the theater.

“But I want popcorn…” Tzuyu pointed out, gesturing to the kiosk in the other direction.

“I...um…sort of need the bathroom!” Nayeon blurted out, hurrying away with a smile on her face.

“She’s being weird,” Tzuyu noted, looking at Jungyeon who yawned and added, “Isn’t she always?”

“True,” the Taiwanese girl agreed, “And you said Sungjoon sunbae once had a crush on her?”

Once,” Jungyeon emphasized, “Now he’s got Sana…”
Jungyeon thought of Sungjoon’s girlfriend situation.
She sort of felt happy and sad about it at the same time.

“Oh right, bathroom girl!” Tzuyu remembered the cheerleader she saw in Jeju Island.

Bathroom girl?” Jungyeon asked quizzically.

Did Nayeon sunbae not tell you about it? I thought it was something important to the older kids since she seemed very interested. She asked me a lot when I told her I bumped into Sana and Mina in the Jeju Island bathroom about….”

 

Wait, wait, wait. Slow it down and start from the beginning!” Jungyeon said.
What was this that Nayeon was so interested in?
What was this that Nayeon chose not to share with her or the others?

Jungyeon’s heart told her to trust Nayeon.
She’s not as bad as she thought she originally was.
But Jungyeon’s head told her to think again.


“JAJJANG!”

Chaeyoung unveiled the posters.

“Wow they look amazing,” Wonpil gasped as Jae wiped his glasses clean to get a better look.
I had to admit, the DAY6 Promotional Posters for the gala were indeed on point.

“And here are yours, Momo-shi!” Chaeng rolled out this other well-designed poster.
Everyone was in awe except the recipient herself.

Momo stared blankly at Chaeyoung. “Did I forget to tell you? Peach Attack aren’t participating in the gala anymore…

“Wait, what?!”

“A few girls got scouted by some major entertainment companies so have no time to prepare or practice our routine. The newer girls are too green for the gala, so we are just skipping it this year,” Momo explained, scratching her head, “But thanks for the poster anyways…”

“Hey, but did you tell the school about pulling out yet?” Jihyo asked, with all the school rules in mind, “Don't you need to fill in a form to pull out or find a replacement act if you don’t want a hefty fine?”

“OH SHOOT I FORGOT THAT!” yelped Momo, dropping her half-eaten donut.

“Wait a second!” I said, as if a cartoon light bulb had just switched on above my head, “Jihyo, didn’t you mention your boarding school had dance classes back then too when I was…” I noticed Sana looking at me and ended the sentence without mentioning “at your place?”

“Yeah, what about that?” Jihyo responded, trying to work out what I was aiming at.

“Why don’t you and Momo form some performance squad for the gala and do a dance routine?”

“EHHHHH?” Jihyo and Momo reacted simultaneously.

“You don’t have to win but a dance will show them your fun side,” I continued, “And we can get maybe one or two more dancers to help too…if there’s any…”

Everyone slowly nodded and seemed to agree to this plan, making me somewhat proud of my contributions.

After a brief moment of silence, Momo stood up.
“I think I know just the person to join this dance crew,” she said, before picking up her phone to message someone, “I just need to make sure she feels like doing it again.”