Chapter 8 – Questions

THINK TWICE!

“How do I do this question? :(”

I looked at my phone as Chaeng sent me another message about her Maths homework. She seemed to be having quite a lot of issues with her work lately. High school must be giving her a rough time.

Putting down the book I was reading, I began explaining the question to her…


Jihyo typed on her laptop and looked through her highlighted notes.

She looked proudly at her finished work and prepared to switch off her laptop before seeing what was on her Facebook newsfeed.

1 Year Ago Today

Jihyo, here’s a post from your timeline exactly 1 year ago.

See all memories

Kim Sungjoon > Park Jihyo

Date: A Year Ago

“How do I do this question almighty God Jihyo D:”

A smile broke on her face.

“You were really bad at trying to start conversations, you know that?”


Nayeon sat on her bed, browsing through her Facebook timeline on her tablet.

Suddenly, she heard footsteps heading to her room and she switched to the Kindle app at the speed of light.

Her mother opened the door without knocking.

“How has school been?” she asked curtly.

“It’s been going on smoothly, mother.”

“Even with the gazes of the underclassmen?”

Nayeon held in her emotions and swallowed hard, “I have been…managing it well.”

“That is good to hear,” her mother said before closing the door, “For the first person in our family to retake a year.”

Nayeon slammed her tablet on her bed.

As her eyes began to well up, she heard a voice she so despised echoing in the living room.

“Mother, I’m home.”

 


Jackson went through with his practice drills as his dad shouted advice at his every move.

Sweat drizzled down his sharp features but nothing was going to blur his vision. His goal.

His determination was just as strong as the muting mechanism on his phone, that had been blocking out the stream of notifications on his Kakaotalk.

Jimin only wished she could focus on her homework right now as she picked up her phone again, making an annoyed duck face at the lack of reaction from Jackson’s side of the chat after the past hour of spam. She was so tempted to send him her annoyed face right now.

“Junior sunbae asked me to go watch a movie with him.”

“He said it’s just a friendly hangout and I shouldn’t think too much..”

“What does that even mean?  ¯\_(-,-)_/¯”

“Guys are straight forward…right? :3”

“Come on. Give me some advice.”

“You say you know all about this sort of stuff…or so you say -_-;”

“Like seriously what is this?!”

Jimin sighed and typed something before deleting it again.

“Should I go?”


Sana mused through a list of possible things to send out.

“Do the cheerleading team’s laundry”

No, ew. He ain’t touching my clothes after seeing so much already.

“Do my homework.”

That’s, not bad. But for a smart guy cough only academically smart guy cough like him, he probably helped people with their homework all the time. This would not be enough of a punishment.

Then she remembered seeing him once or twice before the unfortunate incident, where he was running to school with toast in his mouth.

Yes, that seems perfect.

To: Byuntae Babo

“Get up early because you are buying me breakfast.”


“WHY THE HELL WOULD SHE DO THIS?”

I grunted as I ran out of my house 15 minutes earlier than usual, running off to the specific restaurant Sana sent me for her breakfast delivery. Sleep’s precious god damn it.

As I raced down the street, I noticed a moving truck parked near my home but I did not have time to pay attention to the family involved in the moving in.

What I did not notice was a girl with a mysterious aura and long hair with a box in her hand, staring at me as I disappeared into the distance.

“Mina, do you want to help mum and dad with moving this?”