Chapter 28 – Do You Trust Me or Not?

THINK TWICE!

Jihyo was walking home when she suddenly felt like someone was following her.

She was already having a terrible week with the news of the combining of talent shows and her just being unable to focus in class in general.
She did not need more problems.

She quickly increased her pace and started walking in more crowded streets. However, she could still feel someone following her.

She finally turned around to look the person in the eye.

“WHO…”


I was deep in thought after the assembly and was almost glad when Chaeyoung came over to speak with me to distract me from the issues at hand.

“Are you down to still hangout some time outside of school? For a movie or something?”

“Yeah, sure Chaeng, just Kakao message me and we will work something out!”

“Cool, I will sunbae! See you around!” The underclassman said, happily skipping away.
I had not hung out with Chaeyoung for a while. It would be fun…

“OH MY GOD!”

I cried in shock as I turned a corner to see a girl with long dark hair and a poker face standing with her arms crossed.

“Am I that scary?” Mina muttered.

“No, I just react terribly, that’s all,” I explained, feeling bad since I have screamed at her face twice at this point, “But not popping up suddenly helps.”

“I’m sorry if I scared you,” Mina continued in her quiet as ever voice, “I sort of need your help to get this place.”

Mina pointed to a location on her phone screen.

“Can’t you Google map?”

“It’s the transport schedules I need help with.”

“Fine,” I responded, “I’m free anyways. What is this for?”

“Our little secret.”


DOYOUNG OPPA?”

Jihyo turned to see the timid barista standing in front of her.
He was still in his Soo Man High School uniform, something she was not used to seeing.
And if she had to be honest, he looked good in it.

“I sort of called your name many times…but you didn’t hear me…”

Jihyo thought it must had been how small his voice was. “So what’s up?”

Doyoung looked around awkwardly, shuffling his feet, “I sort of wanted to message you about this but I didn’t have your number…”

He paused before continuing, “And then I saw you walking by and thought, ah…I could just tell you now…”

“So... you…want…to…say???” Jihyo asked, looking at the nervous boy.

Doyoung took a deep breath before blurting it out.


“How’s the foot?”
I asked, sipping the hospital coffee at the waiting room.

Mina shrugged as she walked out of the doctor’s office. “He said I can dance at the talent show, but that doesn’t say much since apparently we have many more opponents.”

I continued to sip on the coffee. “And when will you tell Momo why you stopped dancing to begin with?”

“Whenever she grows up.”

I chuckled at this response. “Well good luck with that…good luck to all of us…”


“Will you be interested to duet with me instead for the talent show?”

“Ehhh?!”

“I know this is sudden but last time after the café thing and we went to the noraebang…anyways I think it can work. Plus, didn’t you say you want to do well to help your student presidential campaign? If we work together, we can get votes from both our schools during the talent show…”

This was the most Jihyo had ever heard Doyoung say that much before.
It was as if he practiced to tell Jihyo these things.

She was definitely flattered and interested by this proposal…but what about the dance crew Sungjoon sunbae formed for her?

Doyoung noticed Jihyo’s conflicted gaze as she tried to respond to him.

“Do you trust me or not?”


“YA! Kim Sungjoon!”

I gaped at Sana standing right outside my house.

“Why are you here??”

Sana looked annoyed that I was even asking this question.

“First, you don’t even sit with me during assembly, then you agree to watch a movie with Chaeyoung…what is this even?”

“I could not find you during the assembly and Chaeng is just a hoobae, what’s with you?!” I responded.

“Well, I’m sure Chaeng thinks of you JUST THE SAME,” she grunted, “And what’s with some secret with Mina?”

I did not even know how she heard about it, “Friends stuff. Don’t worry.”

“So what is it?”

I remembered my promise to Mina.

“That I cannot tell. It’s a secret as you said.”

“Tell me. I’m your girlfriend.”

I did not know what Sana wanted.
Like yes, we are dating but did she need to know all my interactions with other people?!

“Just because we are dating does not mean I can’t keep secrets for friends!”

Sana stared at me frustrated, unable to find a comeback.
I looked at her, just as frustrated if not more.

“Do you trust me or not?”