Chapter 7 – The New Master

THINK TWICE!

I sat awkwardly facing Sana in the classroom as Jihyo went over details from the last meeting.

It was not just normal awkward, but actually the I sort of saw you half- awkward.

But I must pretend that nothing had happened.

“So, Sana, what ideas do you have in mind?” Jihyo asked, turning to the girl in front of me.

“I was thinking we should fight for more funding for women’s sports,” Sana noted, “Like getting us a better locker roomfar from the boys’ one.”

I felt a dagger stab into my back as she said that.

“Okay….” nodded Jihyo, “Might be a bit hard to campaign for, but we can consider. What are the reasons?”

Sana turned from Jihyo to face me.

Oh no no no no….

“It’s just….” Sana said after what felt like the longest pause in the universe, “Problematic to be changing in such close quarters. What if someone accidentally opened the wrong door?

F**K

“That’s reasonable, but maybe not enough to convince the school,” Jihyo responded, “The doors are, after all, color-coded.”

#MORESTAB

“Yeah, only an idiot will think the red door is the men’s room,” Bambam added.

Oh yes, some idiot.

#STABSTABSTAB

Sana shot Bambam a smile, “With people voting for Donald Trump in America these days, you just can’t be sure.”

What am I now? A Trump supporter?!

#K.O

“I don’t think a door mix up really is a testament to a person’s intelligence,” I joined in, doing my best to seem calm, “Mistakes do happen but, I agree with Sana. It does seem odd that the male and female changing rooms are that close to each other. It’s not that great to be hearing each other’s conversations all the time…”

“Now, that seems like a stronger reason,” Jihyo gave me a look of approval, “An issue of privacy can be used to justify….”

Sana lightly coughed at the mention of the word “privacy”.

Momo finished her third box of mochi and shuffled her seat closer to mine.

Damn right, privacy and personal space.


“Look, I’m sorry!” I said, following Sana as she headed out the school gates.

“Well you better be,” she muttered as she wheeled her bicycle.

“Then stop making things awkward in the meeting! Do you seriously want everyone to know that I….”

“NO,” Sana spun back quickly, her pig tails almost hitting my face, “but you will pay for this.”

I cocked my head backwards and let out a huge sigh, “What do you need me to do?”

Sana paused and stared at me intently.

“Give me your phone.”

“Ehhhh…?”

“I said give me your phone!” Sana half shouted-half screamed at me.

I passed her my phone dutifully as she used it to call herself and did some other things.

She passed it back to me and got on her bike.

“You owe me,” she said without looking back, “A lot.”

I looked at the new contact on my phone.

“Your Master.”

1 Unread Message.

“You now owe me 10 wishes.”


BONUS SCENE

Jihyo walked to the changing rooms, surveying the surroundings.

Yes, the doors are definitely color coded. And the girls’ changing room required a key anyways. Nobody could honestly go into the wrong changing room, especially the girls’ ones…

Jihyo placed her hand on the handle of the red door and it opened effortlessly to her surprise. Frowning, she checked the changing room schedules plastered on the wall.

“Sana-unnie you klutzy babo!” she sighed, “If this girl cares about privacy, she should remember locking the door herself…”