Chapter 18 – Closer

THINK TWICE!

Jimin and Natty began to unpack as Eunha and Yuju told them to feel at home.

“What’s with your names meaning galaxy and universe…” Jimin could not help to ask her hosts.
(Eunha literally means galaxy and Yuju literally means universe no joking you can google that)

“Oh, they are stage names, since we are a music academy and all that,” Yuju noted, “Plus some of our names clash, like Eunha and SinB are both Eunbi-s, so it’s useful to have a new name here.”

“It must be so cool to get stage names and going to a school that specializes in something,” Natty chimed in, “I always wonder how it’s like to go to a school like Dream High…”

“Haha! It's a lot less like that in real life,” Eunha smiled warmly, “Everyone is busy pursuing their dreams so there’s a lot less time for group shenanigans like in the drama series.”

“But boarding must be fun,” Jimin said, looking at the beautifully decorated dorm room, “Being away from home and all…”

“There’s that to it,” Yuju nodded, “It’s a great way to experience new things and learn more about yourself. Like what job you want to do.”

She turned to the girl she was hosting.

“So Jimin, what’s your dreams?”


Mina took only a few seconds to become as still as a log. 

Sana was also quickly immersed in a steady rhythm of slow breathing which signified her entrance into snooze kingdom.

Taehyung snored as a book covered his face (he said he was going to finish his readings…which he’s totally doing) and Jin was fast asleep. 

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

After twisting and turning for a while with my sleeping bag, I still had yet to find the optimal position.
I was either too hot or too cold.

It did not help that I was sandwiched between Sana and Mina, as Sana said she had made a pact with the other Japanese girl to restrain me should I, the byuntae, attempt any moves on either of them.
So much for saving a klutz on a banana boat.

But thankfully I was starting to get tired and this would hopefully get me to sleep…

“Sunbae…”

I rolled over to meet a face with my hazy vision. The delicate features of the girl who was fast asleep just now reflected in my eyes.
The moonlight shone this strange degree of clarity to her, even highlighting the distinct mole on her nose.

Her eyes seemed to be staring into my soul as she mouthed the words:

“What do you think of me?”


Bambam and Jackson stealthily heaved a ladder towards Dorm A.

They never thought they would do this but here they were.
Lucky bastard Sungjoon got to be allocated with Sana AND Mina.
Plus, apparently first year goddess Tzuyu was in a suite a floor below the lucky sod.

Meanwhile they were stuck in a dorm full of boy mentorship pairings.
The life of Dorm B.
Even girls they were friendly with like Jihyo and Momo were placed in Dorm C.

“I mean, just imagine the pajama party going on….” Bambam whispered into Jackson’s ear as they were at the wall behind Dorm A. 
Jackson swallowed at the thought of AKB48’s “Heavy Rotation” MV becoming a reality.

“I love what you guys are thinking,” muttered Momo, patting the boys on their backs.

The boys were surprised at first when she asked to join their midnight excursion.
It was perhaps not super surprising after remembering how touchy she was with everyone.

Jackson squinted at her when she offered to help them sneak in Dorm A. “I thought you were having a dance battle with some kid in this school called Hoseok? Or what’s his ‘stage name’ again? J-Hope?”

“Oh right, the hopeful girl group dancing master. Nah, I have more important things to do.”

“Hyung, I like hanging out with her more and more,” Bambam grinned, “She got her priorities straight.”

Now the windows of the suites were in sight.
Jackson counted from the ground floor. One, two, three…Gesturing with his fingers, Jackson signaled to Bambam, who started to make his way towards the second floor.


I swallowed hard as Mina looked blankly at me.

What did she mean?

I reached out to see if this was even really happening and I felt like I some coarse material…maybe her sweater...?

Suddenly, she leaned closer.

And it all went dark.


It felt wet.

That’s because something soggy just hit Bambam in the face.
(what were you thinking, you dirty minded readers?)

Jackson caught his falling former mentee as a face peered out of the window.

“YAH! WHAT THE HELL are you guys doing?!” Jungyeon leaned out, with a hair roller on her bangs.
Nayeon and Tzuyu leaned out, face masks covering their beautiful features and scaring the crap out of Jackson, who dropped Bambam to the ground.

“OW HYUNG!” the boy groaned, wiping the used face mask off his face as he massaged his own back.

5 minutes later, Jihyo was staring down at the three troublemakers who had their hands up in the air, kneeling before her.

She sighed as she looked at Jungyeon sunbae’s Kakao message to her.

“Thank god she messaged me and not the teachers. Or else you guys won’t even be kneeling here right now but shipped on the first ferry back to the mainland.”
She examined the faces of the trio, “It seems like Jungyeon sunbae has already given you lot a good beating. You might as well go back to your dorms and nurse your wounds before the teachers come and find you.”

Jackson and Bambam quickly scurried off but Jihyo grabbed Momo’s wrist before she could go.

“I know you have your reasons,” Jihyo noted to the blonde girl before her, “But peeping into the room may be too much.”

“You got here awfully quickly too. Dorm C is pretty far from Dorm A,” Momo said, turning to face the big eyed girl, “Unless, you were heading to Dorm A to begin with.”

Jihyo smiled, “I always knew you were smarter than you want others to believe. We both have our reasons.”

Momo began leaving the scene, “True, but the lights are out on third floor.”


I woke up lying on my back as sunlight began to creep through the curtains to the continued snores of Taehyung.
I turned to see Mina, fast asleep, but her face facing mine.
Sana appeared to still be in dreamland, her back turned away from me and seemed to have rolled a good distance away.

I touched my lips.

A strange feeling flooded my body.

What happened?
Was it a dream?