Interlude 1 - Pre-Enlistment

THINK TWICE!

I sat facing my computer screen, contemplating the next argument for the essay.
It was my second year at Yonsei University studying literary arts but it was still annoying to have to complete assignments.

It was probably even harder knowing I was enlisting soon.

My phone screen lit up with a message from Jungyeon who was checking in with me.

“Are you okay?”

She had returned from her gap year in Paris and was now studying business management at Konkuk University, hoping to open her own coffee shop chain in the future. It seemed like France was good for her. She seemed to have met some good people. But she had been too busy with starting university to fill me in all the details although I recall her mentioning some people called Jeonghan, Seungcheol, and Joshua.

“I am okay,” I replied, before returning to my paper.

Jackson was fencing at Seoul National University, Chaeyoung, Dahyun, and Tzuyu all have their high school dramas, and Sana seemed to be doing well in Osaka.

Mina and Momoa smile crept on my face as I thought about them.

And my phone screen flickered again.

Sungjoon-ah, are you really not going to contact Jihyo?

“…about your enlistment?”

Jihyo.

I have not spoken to her since graduation.
I heard she had started school at Seoul National University, as expected of her, in the Department of Education.
Jackson updated me on that. She did not even message me about that herself. She had not message me since graduation.

“Maybe she is just waiting for YOU to message her,” Jungyeon texted back, with you being able to read her annoyed tone in the text.

“I am not ready to speak to her yet….” I typed back.

“But when I AM ready, I will do it in a very cool way. I promise.”