Chapter 15 – Let’s Do That

THINK TWICE!

“What do you mean she’s gone? Wasn’t she with you!?”

Jungyeon was at a lost as she followed Nayeon back into the crowd, away from the snack bar.

“She was. I needed to go to the bathroom and asked if she wanted to come with me but she said no. So I told her to wait outside,” Nayeon blurted out an endless stream of words, “Then when I came out poof, she’s gone!”

“Did you call her?”

“I did, but the signal is terrible here and the calls keep dropping before she even picks up!”

Nayeon continued to explain everything she did as her arms flailed uncontrollably.
Jungyeon finally had enough and grabbed her hands.

“CALM DOWN!”

The older girl looked up with watery eyes. Was Im Nayeon….crying?

“Look, we will find her. Nobody kidnaps a supermodel in broad daylight.”


Mina sat on the sidewalk near the beach as I got us some drinks. 
She had not said anything since dragging me away from the starting point.
I wonder what she wanted to do.

I returned with some bottled sodas and noticed her drawing patterns with her feet in the sand.

Delicate movements traced with her toes, like she was – dancing.
I stood entranced by this beautiful display and felt bad when I had to cough to get her attention.

“What was that? It looks really cool,” I commented as she sipped on her drink.

“Nothing, just some warm ups.”

“Warm ups?”

“For my legs. See those water-skis and banana boats over there?

“Er…yeah? But it’s not part of the prog…”

“Let’s do that.”

I stared blankly at this strange girl in front of me.

I had no idea what the hell she was thinking. 
Just before I could respond, a Kakao notification popped up on my phone screen.

“1 Message from Your Master.”


Momo followed Jihyo as she tried various snacks from street vendors, stopping especially long at a jokbal store.

“Thanks for volunteering to come and help,” Jihyo said, passing Momo her cutlery, “I really didn't want to be the only mentor/mentee-less person here. There’s also Sana but…god knows where she went.”

Momo nodded silently as she began working through the appetizers.

“But, you seem quite out of it,” Jihyo added.

Momo looked up at Jihyo with full and confused.

“You seem strangely attentive to the Sungjoon sunbae – Mina duo…may I ask why?”


Bambam, Jimin and Natty peered behind a bush as Jackson made his way towards the group of school girls.

“Is he seriously going to make contact? With his แฟนเก่า(ex)? That’s bold!”

Bambam hushed Natty, “I know, which is why I want to hear every word he says here.”

The girl turned to face Jackson as he walked to a position close enough for her to see. She broke into a warm smile and waved heartily at him.

“Hey, Wang Jackson! Long time no see!”

“Hi, Youngji. You lookk…ggreat.”

“Oh god he’s stuttering. That’s no good.” Bambam sighed.
Jimin pulled out her smart phone and camera mode. Slowly, she started to zoom in.

“Haha, you too. What are you here for? We’re here for a history field trip,” Youngji continued, casual as ever.

“Yeah, something like that,” Jackson shrugged, now trying to mirror her nonchalant and friendly nature.

“Want to grab a bite with me and my friends? That’s Chaekyung and Somin.”

Jackson seemed to accept the offer as he disappeared into the distance with them.

"HEOL! Big things are happening..."

Jimin and Bambam looked at each other and nodded before slowly tracing their footsteps.
Natty muttered, “What about the historical sites, the beaches, the food adventures…?”

“They can wait,” Jimin replied without looking back. Natty trailed behind them.

“Worst summer camp everI should have gone to that PRODUCE 101 summer workshop thing with Somi instead…”