Chapter 42 – Please Be Happy

THINK TWICE!

“I said I would MARRY YOU!”

Lisa stood in a daze when she heard Bambam’s voice say that through the intercom.
Mr. Yang spat out the tea his was drinking and his brother-in-law, Jaijin, stuck his head out of his room where he was painting when he heard this declaration.

I said I would marry you when I grow up during one of our dance practices, and you pushed me away. Just like the way you did during our dance performance at the talent show!”

Seeing the lack of response, Bambam continued to recite the memories he had recovered, “You pushed me away and said you could not take me seriously. So, I made three additional promises to it…One, I would walk you home every day to show I am serious about it.”

“Is that why I saw him walk you back a few times a few weeks ago…?” Mr. Yang could be heard saying.

“…Two, I would always be ready to help you whenever you need me to.”

Jaijin has now joined Mr. Yang on the sofa and was gesturing for his sister to come hear this.
Lisa was too shook to even stop them from observing at this point.

“And three, I would call you noona forever, even when I become taller than you.

Jaijin gasped and reached for a tissue box to contain his feels and even Mr. Yang seemed touched.

“Honestly, I did the first two things without considering the promises at all. So, let me at least do one of the things for you with intentLisa noona, can you please come out and talk to me? So I can try to make you happy, for once?”

“Thank you.”

Jungyeon and Nayeon sat awkwardly at the café after her former friends left.
Nayeon witnessed the fiasco between Jungyeon and those girls, who quickly left the scene.
Jungyeon’s boss had no issue seeing those troublesome girls leaving, staring approving at Jungyeon and Nayeon who were now left alone.

“I don’t even know why I helped you,” Jungyeon muttered back without looking at her, “I might see you as a friend, but that does not mean I have forgiven you.

Nayeon nodded, “I could not ask for more.”

They continued sitting in silence for a bit.

“So, are you going to Seoul National University or something now?” Jungyeon mumbled, not wanting to stay in this uncomfortable atmosphere and also genuinely curious as to what Nayeon wanted to do right now.

“Honestly, I don’t know,” Nayeon said in the quietest voice Jungyeon had ever heard escape her lips.

“You are estranged from your family, got no friends,” Jungyeon listed the problems, “I would be lost too if I were you.”

Nayeon stood up, ready to go and avoid more of Jungyeon’s words.

“Look, I pity you, Im Nayeon.

The words seemed to pierce the ice princess, her body shaking somewhat as the word “pity” rolled off Jungyeon’s tongue.

“And for that I will not tell Sungjoon or little Tzuyu about what you have been up to this school year, or your whole life-game-situation for the matter,” Jungyeon continued, “In return, can you please try to be happy? Not as an act but be actually happy…for once?”

Sana paced back and forth at the courtyard waiting for Sungjoon.

When he finally appeared, Sana thought he looked awkward and rushed as always.

“Hi,” he began, looking at Sana uncertainly, “So we are finally…talking.”

“Yeah,” Sana said, “We are.”

“Look, about this….”

Shhh…let me start first,” Sana began sassily hushing Sungjoon while flipping out the notes on her phones, “How many tasks have you completed at this point?”

“Ehhh?!”

“So, you have delivered me breakfast three times, you did water sports with me…”

There was an awkward pause on that, although not as awkward as Sana expected it to be.

“Then we started dating, and went to the movies two times, dinner once, lunch once…you have fulfilled nine of my wishes.

Sungjoon looked at Sana intently, as if reading what she was trying to do.

“I am sorry it came to this, but you don’t have to do it…this way.”

“I just sent you your last task, just go and do it – you are free to go,” Sana smiled, “And I won’t be your master anymore.”

Sana walked away but Sungjoon quickly shouted before she left for good.

“Sana, no matter what, I am happy that I have met you…and known you.

“I can say the same Sungjoon. Now go!”

As Sana finally turned away, Sungjoon glanced at his phone.

1 Message from Your Master:
Final Mission
Due Date: N/A
Content: Please be happy.