Epilogue 3 – This Year in Taipei

THINK TWICE!

Tzuyu collected Minjoong at the airport, ruffling the fur of her little friend.
It was a complicated process but she managed to get Minjoong to travel back to Taiwan with her for the summer holidays. She would be doing some modeling work in Taipei and staying with her family for a bit in her hometown of Tainan. And she could not see herself doing any of these things without her dear Minjoong, who by the way has grown quite a lot in the past year.

“What the hell did you feed Minjoong?” Nayeon asked when she visited Tzuyu a few months ago.

“It looks like puberty hit Minjoong like a wall!” Jungyeon added.

Ever since the end of school, Tzuyu noticed Nayeon and Jungyeon speaking less with each other.
However, they both would always turn up if Minjoong was present.

“I just gave him the usual dog food…,” Tzuyu noted, “Maybe he came from a family of big dogs?

Jungyeon and Nayeon chuckled and Tzuyu looked confused.

“Maybe because a lot of Korean swear words are related to dogs…even though your Korean has improved, it sounds like you are swearing when you are explaining things about Minjoong!” Jungyeon explained.

Tzuyu frowned at the comment.
Maybe this summer she can teach Minjoong to respond in Mandarin or Taiwanese.
She did not want Minjoong to react to actual Korean swear words.

“Here I am! Taipei!”

At the other end of the airport, a young man fresh out of high school dropped his luggage on the floor and took off his sunglasses. He felt the wind breeze through his flannel shirt as he took in the scent of the new country. A few girls stopped by to appreciate his boyish good looks and he smirked at the attention. He wondered if those girls were K-Pop fans who admired his idol like visuals or if he simply was just universally good looking.

God dammit, that made him sound like Jin-hyung. The guy would definitely debut as an idol and go around saying embarrassing things like “I am worldwide famous.”

But no, he had stopped pursuing a dream of being an idol and had left Big Hit Source Music Academy upon graduation. He always liked the art of cooking more and he was about to learn from the best in Taipei. He was a man with great aspirations to change the taste of diners in South Korea.

His name was Jeon Jungkook, and he was about to take the first step in starting his own duck meat restaurant chain.

“Ya! Wake up!”

A boy rubbed his eyes as his friend shook him until he was up.
Although he was sitting inside a limousine with tinted windows, he was constantly stared at during traffic stops.
Passersby wonder if the boy inside the limousine was some supermodel due to his soft features and model-like proportions.

The boy in question finally woke up and turned to his friend, “Are we there yet, Seungkwan?”

“If you mean the best duck meat restaurant in Taipei we are visiting, yes we are here, Kim Mingyu-shi.

“Don’t –shi me!”

“Hey man! I am technically here as your personal assistant! It’s your first business trip as the heir of Carat Food Group and your father does not trust you coming alone.

“More like he wanted someone to look after Joongmin when I am checking out the restaurants we were thinking of investing in,” Mingyu remarked, looking warmly at his dog, “Sadly most restaurants ban pets. We did adopt this pupper from you so who else should we call?”

Shhh…I like the sound of PA to the heir of Carat Food Group more than dogsitter,” Seungkwan continued cheerily, “So let’s keep it that way…”

Tzuyu had her suitcase in one hand and Minjoong in another as she walked towards the city center.
Her aunt would pick her up there but appeared to be running late.
She wondered if she should get some food soon and scanned the restaurants nearby.
A grandiose looking restaurant stood across the street, with a limousine pulling up beside it.
Before she could even look at the next store, Minjoong had suddenly leapt out of her arms.

“What is going on?!”

Mingyu shouted as Seungkwan merely screamed like he was in some Hollywood apocalypse movie.
A dog that resembled Joongmin sprinted pass their limousine and within seconds Joongmin had leapt out of the car seat to follow suit.

“MINJOONG-AH!”

The two boys peered out of the car door to see a tall girl following the dogs down the street, dragging a suitcase.

“Minjoong…?” Seungkwan gaped, “Could it be Joongmin’s…”

“Less talking, more chasing,” Mingyu cried, pulling Seungkwan back in and slamming the car door. He ordered the driver, “Follow the dogs!”

Jeon Jungkook thought the first live animal he would touch in Taipei would be a duck.

Not two dogs.

He was sitting in an awkward position with his legs in the air, bags sprawled around and circled by two ecstatic dogs.
A minute ago, he was about to go into the kitchen of his dream apprenticeship at the best duck meat restaurant in Taipei.

Next thing he knew, he was surrounded by three more people a girl with super long legs, a boy with super long legs, and some kid who looked like a gagman.

“I’m sooo sorry,” Tzuyu said in Mandarin to which Jungkook just nodded and gestured he was okay.

Suddenly their eyes met and Jungkook was Jungshook for the first time in his life.


He had seen many beauties back in Big Hit Source Music Academy but this girl was another level.
He looked at her in a daze as the two boys helped him up and pretty much pushed him aside.

“Is this, Minjoong?” Seungkwan asked, “From Jeju Island?”

Tzuyu looked surprised at the strangers suddenly speaking Korean and nodded, “Yes, how do you know?”

Jungkook shot up from his trance at the fact this beauty spoke Korean.
This must had been some fated .

“You must be the girl my mother met! I am Seungkwan!” he began, “And the dog Minjoong ran towards was his twin, Joongmin!

“Ahhh! That’s why!” Tzuyu exclaimed, unaware of the continued attention from Jungkook at the corner.

“We got to go,” Mingyu chimed in, walking in front of Seungkwan to face Tzuyu.
Tzuyu was used to seeing male models, often even taller than Mingyu, but there was something intimidating in the stare of this boy, and she could not tell why.

“But the dogs don’t seem to want to stay apart…” Seungkwan noted helpfully as Minjoong and Joongmin circled each other, tails wagging.

Can you look after Joongmin for a while then? I will be very busy,” Mingyu asked, lowering his head to meet the eye level of Tzuyu.
He was not attempting to sound cocky but his height, manly voice and expensive clothing may have made it seem this way.

Tzuyu was not liking the attitude of this boy she just met who seemed to think she would be super free to babysit dogs all day.
She swallowed and stared back intently in return. “No, I cannot. I am a model and have work today. I can’t manage two dogs at the same time.”

Jungkook’s heart did another mini backflip.
A model too?!he grinned internally.
Taipei was just getting better and better.
And he also found the perfect moment to step in.

“I can look after them for you!” Jungkook stated heartily.

“Actually, while I want to go by Mingyu’s personal assistant,” Seungkwan said, fighting his way pass the giant Mingyu, “I am actually here to look after the dog, so I don’t mind looking after another one, which used to be mine anyways!

“I can help!” Jungkook added, “I mean, there are two dogs now!”

“Fine,” Mingyu said curtly, turning to leave as he noted he was running out of time, “You will be paid for your help, of course.”

“And I will pay too,” Tzuyu added, “It’s not like I can’t afford it or something.”

“And we will check on the dogs every evening!” Mingyu yelled back, to which Jungkook seemed to be looking forward to with glee.

Soon, Seungkwan and Mingyu had returned to the front door of the famous duck meat restaurant, with two dogs in toll.

“Hey man,” Seungkwan mumbled as Mingyu made the preparations for the dogs before going in, “If I recall correctly, you only act mean to girls you find hot, right?”

“Shut up.”