Chapter 34 – Let’s Talk

THINK TWICE!

Mina just realized she left her bag at the stage after practice.
She quickly hurried back, only to see Momo still there.

Momo was on the empty stage, trying to do a ballet move.
And failing.

“What are you doing?” Mina asked, her voice unusually loud thanks to the echoing of the empty assembly hall, “It’s like 6pm. And this is a ballet move.

Momo wiped sweat off her forehead and looked at Mina.

“The competition is fierce as we saw today. While Jihyo agreed to sing to make our performance more dynamic, we definitely still need to add a few more out-there moves to be a high ranking or as least be a memorable performance,” Momo explained, “So I am trying to do the move you don’t want to do.

Mina looked at Momo continuing to try the move, stunned at her actions.

“Why did you stop asking me to do the movewhen you yourself can’t do it?

“People like to think I’m stupid, but maybe I am not that stupid,” Momo replied, “I know you are hurt.”

“Ehhhh!?”

Mina knew Sungjoon would keep his promise, so how did Momo find out?

“I thought that might be the case when you quit dancing but I was not 100% sure,” Momo muttered, turning to face Mina, “Plus you did not want to explain at the time and I was angry at you. I said mean things. It was not a time to verify…”

“But when you sneaked off to ask Sungjoon where this address was, I listened in and googled it. It was a hospital and when you said you could not do a few moves, all related to this part of your foot,” Momo continued, gesturing to the said location on her own foot, “I knew something was up.”

Mina stood there, quietly taking it all in.

“I was thinking of saying this to you later anyways, but since you are here,” Momo said, walking closer to Mina, “Let’s talk.”


Lisa walked awkwardly in between Ten and Bambam who had both their arms crossed.
“You guys do know I can walk home alone right?”

“At night, in the streets of Seoul?” Bambam commented, turning to Ten, “With all the strange men around!?”

“Yeah, there’s plenty of strange men around these days…” Ten added, glaring back at Bambam.

“Where do you live anyways?” Bambam said, throwing a look back at the boy, “I live in the same neighborhood as Lisa, makes sense for me to head back with her…

That seemed to have got Ten who seemed a bit startled by his comment.
Bambam grinned at his own great excuse to walk Lisa home.

“Yeah, I guess I might head off to another direction soon if you guys are good…” Ten noted, “Plus, you two know each other for a long time, right?

Bambam found the question a bit strange.

“Yeah, since we were like four or five. We were in the same dance crew as I mentioned before…

“Oh well, that’s the turn I was talking about. See you guys,” Ten said, swiftly walking away after Bambam’s comments.

“What was that about…?” Bambam turned to an awfully silent Lisa, “Wait, why is your face so red?!”

“…just not super used to Korean weather…” the girl replied hastily.

“Ahhh, makes sense, it’s your first semester here,” Bambam said, “Although your Korean is awfully fluent for only being here for some months. I can switch to Thai if it helps…

“No, no, we can keep speaking Korean, I need more practice anyways,” Lisa responded, “Although to answer your first question, I did practice Korean hard before moving so yeah…

Never knew you were interested in coming to Korea…thought I was the only one in our friend circle that was interested,” Bambam continued, not paying attention to Lisa looking away, “But talking about fluency, you really need to fix those rap lyrics of yours.

“Why?”

90s baby, I pump up the jam? I’m gonna go brrrr RAMBO? It’s kind of…tacky,” Bambam explained, earning a quick light punch on his shoulders from Lisa.

Bambam laughed and noticed Lisa finally giggling back, easing the atmosphere.

“Hey, it didn’t even hurt, compared to the abuse flung from Jimin

“Oh, the girl who bickers often with Jackson,” Lisa said off-handedly, surprising Bambam, “I heard from Baby.”

She stopped, “We are here. Thanks for walking me back.”

“No problem,” Bambam said, pointing to the nearby apartment he lived at with his cousin, “I’ll see you around.”

“Good to know you kept your promise.”

“Huh?” Bambam looked curiously at Lisa.

“Nothing…I guess you didn’t then…” Lisa noted, closing the gates behind her, “Good night.”

Bambam scratched his nose.
What did Lisa mean?
Pulling out his phone, he quickly wrote a message in Thai to his sister.
Baby, let’s talk.


Nayeon knew she needed to do this.
That was the reason she made herself get through being forced to go back to Jinyoung High School anyways.
To get into university.
To get back at that person.

And now she may even get a position that could greatly help her university applications in the process.
However, she was still unsure if she wanted to proceed as she stared at the cookie mix in front of her.

And just when she was struggling to make a decision, Nayeon noticed a message from the last person she wanted to speak with.
Suji: When you have time, let’s talk.



I laid in my bed.

Beside me were piles of my copies of “Thoughts and Quotes” from primary, middle to high school.
As I considered my future aspirations, I realized how many copies of these I filled in.

When I was in Grade 1, I wanted to be a police officer and a fireman.
Apparently, I thought I can do one as a day job and the other as a night shift thing.

In middle school, I worked to get better grades and started to be a lot more focused in my studies.
Although I noticed comments here and there wondering why I seem to have no love life.

And then high school.
The first two years involves musings on my crush on Nayeon sunbae.
How funny they look now that I knew her. She was less ice princess as I expected but also very different to what I expected.

Sana, what did I expect of her?

PING

I looked down at my phone and a message has popped up.

It was from Sana.

Your Master: Let’s Talk