Chapter 23 – Sudden Interest

THINK TWICE!

“I didn’t think you would agree to hang with us!”

Jaehyun said gleefully as he, Doyoung and Mark sat with two girls called Koeun and Yeri in SMTown Café.
Jihyo sat awkwardly with them, nodding to Jaehyun’s comment.

“I was just going to head home anyways, so I thought why not when you offered…” she mumbled.

“Going home so early on a Saturday?” Yeri mused, “No way!”

“Well, I don’t really like to go out a lot either…” Doyoung began to say.

“I usually like to go out with friends but I just didn’t really want to see people from my school today,” Jihyo continued.

Doyoung quickly added, “Well, there’s those days too…”

Noticing the awkward atmosphere, Jaehyun started to cough loudly.
“Let’s move on and talk about something else…like upcoming school festivals! Have you heard of our school, Soo Man High School’s Neo Culture Technology Project Stage?”


Dahyun could not believe what she was seeing.

News spread quickly in Jin Young High School but she did not expect it to be that fast.
As she sat in Chaeyoung’s room, she watched as the smaller girl was throwing darts at a Minatozaki Sana collage of a dartboard.

“How did you even make this on such a short notice?” Dahyun queried Chaeyoung as she was firing shots like mad.

“It doesn't matter! How the hell did this girl who I swear had not much relation to Sungjoon oppa a few months ago suddenly swoop in and snatch him!”
Chaeyoung growled like a wild lion cub,
“I SHOULD HAVE GONE TO THE CAMP TOO! IT WOULD HAVE BEEN ME!”

“I…don’t think that’s how it works…,” Dahyun intervened, “Plus it’s not like she didn’t know much about Sungjoon at all?”

Chaeyoung quickly turned to her tofu friend. “Wait, what do you mean?”


3 Months Ago...

“Hey 1st year recruits!”

Natty and Dahyun stood in line with other cheerleader wannabes to face the captain of the cheerleading team.

“Do you want to get into the team?”

“YES!”

“Will you do anything for the team?”

“Um…yesss?” Dahyun said hesitantly.

“You.” The Japanese girl pointed at Dahyun, “You didn’t seem so sure.”

Minutes later, Dahyun was sitting in the changing room in a bench across Sana’s.

“You have the skills and flexibility…but you always seem to be playing around and not taking things seriously,” Sana noted, her arms folded and legs crossed.

“So…am I cut from the team?” Dahyun asked, ready to rip off her photoshop-ed poster of herself being a cheerleading princess from her bedroom wall.

A smirk broke on Sana’s pretty face, “I might make an exception…if you can answer some questions of mine…”

“What questions….?”

“I see you hanging out with a certain…Kim Sungjoon very often…what do you know about him?”


BACK TO PRESENT

“WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME ABOUT THIS?!” Chaeyoung cried, shaking Dahyun back and forth like a rag doll.

“Because you would DO THIS!” Dahyun retorted, “Also she did not seem to be asking as someone who liked him…it sounded more like she held a grudge against him and needed dirt or something…”

“THAT’S IT!” Chaeyoung shouted, finally letting go of a dizzy Dahyun for her eureka moment, “This girl is totally dating oppa for revenge!”

EHHH?”

“She’s seducing him only to dump him later, mark my words,” Chaeyoung fumed at the thought of what Sana must be doing, “She holds a grudge, didn’t you say?”

“Chaeng, you might have watched too many K-Dramas…” Dahyun began to try and explain the possibility that Sana grew to like Sungjoon but stopped when she saw Chaeyoung’s eyes.

“Dahyun, we are going to STAHP this couple. We are going to…”


“I can’t believe you agreed!”

Jinyoung was talking excitedly as Jimin tasted her parfait. 
She has agreed to a second date with this boy after returning from Jeju Island and he was flailing hard.
“I thought you would just want to stay friends after the movie last time…but…”

“Woah woah woah, hold your horses, cowboy,” Jimin noted, tapping the 3rd year on his nose, “We may be on a date but we aren’t official or something.”

“True, true, I get you!” Jinyoung continued, “Just wondering what changed your mind.”

Jimin thought back to the encounters she saw of Jackson and Youngji and the conversations she had with Yuju and Eunha in Jeju.
“Many things.”

“Well, whatever they are, I’m glad you are here,” he smiled warmly as Jimin politely returned the gesture,
“By the way, did you see Sana and Sungjoon just now? Didn’t know they were dating!”

“Something apparently happened between them on Jeju Island,” Jimin said, “But I wonder if Sungjoon is serious about it…”

“Why?”

“Sungjoon has mentioned a few girls’ names before from time to time…but he never mentioned Sana before….”

Jinyoung abruptly took Jimin’s hand.

Does it matter when a boy shows interest…very suddenly?”

Jimin looked at the boy before her and decided to hit the nail on its head.

“Yes…it does.”