First Meeting

It Was All Worth It

"I think it was a Friday night when we had that dinner. Just a normal one. It was those dinners we usually had with our fellow indie artists. The only difference that night was that we expected having Epik High with us," said Sunbin.

"We usually had drinks with them back then. But that night, we decided to just eat," said Hyunsong.

"I think because we really haven't eaten anything that day," said Sooryun covering his mouth as he wanted to laugh.

"Those were the days that we had appearances in TV shows like left and right and we felt tremendously happy whenever we could have dinner in peace," said Hyunsong smiling.

"The only difference that night was that I met someone who would totally change my life," said Shaun straight into the camera.

"That sounded so poetic, it ," reacted King MCK. Shaun laughed then raised his middle finger at him.

 

~

 

Shaun and Sooryun were finishing their cigarettes outside the restaurant. Epik High hasn't arrived yet so they still had time to spare. "Don't you think it would be nice if we could work with Epik High one day?" asked Sooryun.

"That would be great. They are considered as legends," answered Shaun.

"We've worked with Miryo-ssi and Gary-ssi. It's a step for us," said Sooryun.

"Born Kim hyung said he wanted to work with us, too. Are we going to take it?" asked Shaun.

Sooryun took a final breathe on his cigarette before throwing it to the ground. "I don't like his style. But maybe. I don't know. Hiphop and rock can be mixed well so it's not that hard to try," he said as he stepped on the . "I'm going back in. How about you?"

"Still have this," said Shaun showing his cigarette that hasn't even reached half yet.

"Okay. Keep an eye on Epik High."

Sooryun left him outside. He looked at the cigarette in between his fingers. He smoked and did it almost everyday but he couldn't understand how someone like Sooryun could finish a whole stick in only under 5 minutes. "He's a hustler," he thought. He sat on the pavement and looked at all the people walking about the streets. Cars passed seldomly. They chose a restaurant far from the main road. It was one of the nights that they wanted to keep only to themselves. They weren't really famous yet but people recognized them and it started to feel awkward whenever someone would come up to them asking for an autograph, a picture or something.

Shaun looked far into the street. He stole glances at each of the business names. Maybe there was some other place he could visit the next time he visits this part of Hongdae.

Far up, he saw a car pull up. He thought he knew who it belonged to but decided it was a different one when a woman got off. It sped away afterwards. She was in denim pants and a loose gray t-shirt hanging just under her hips. Her hair was untied, just the type of simple but attractive. She put her backpack's strap on one shoulder, took her phone out then walked towards his direction. She was still a distance away but he already saw that she wore glasses. She looked good in them. As she was nearing, he could see that she was of good height. "Around 168cm. Just the right height for me," he thought.

He stood up as he felt smoke build up in his chest and coughed. He was surprised about his own thoughts that his concentration on taking the smoke out was disturbed. It's all because of that girl. He always hated it when he couldn't get the smoke out in time. He leaned across the light post as he coughed. He threw the away and stepped on it as he continued to cough out the smoke left in his chest.

"Are you all right?" he heard someone ask behind him. He turned around and saw the girl he was staring at earlier standing right there. "I don't have an inhaler but I have a paper bag. Or do you need water? I have a bottle, if you don't mind using someone else's," she said as she rummaged through her bag.

Shaun tried to look at her but couldn't. "Water please," he said and she gave her bottle to him. His chest felt lighter but he just had to drink to get his throat cleared.

He faced the girl that helped him and gave her bottle back as he bowed. "Thank you. I'm sorry about the bottle," he said now looking straight at her. She was tall, just around his shoulders. She did wear glasses and rather than making her look nerdy, she looked even prettier with it. She looked innocent and simple. He thought she would be around 20 years old. "Just the right age for me," he told himself.

She put the bottle back in her bag and said, "That's nothing. You should really try and stop smoking if that happens to you often. It really isn't the best for anyone, you know." She gave him a smile after speaking, one that Shaun liked seeing. "You know... You look familiar," she said as she tilted her head to the side.

"Really? Uhm... I'm actually..." he started to say.

"Ji Eun-ah!"

Both of them looked across the street where the call came from and saw Tablo waving. Ji Eun waved back. Shaun saw her actions and looked back at Epik High who were now crossing the street. "You know them?" asked Shaun.

"Yes," smiled Ji Eun, looking back at them now just a meter away from them.

"Well... It looks like you've already met Shaun," said Tablo.

Ji Eun slowly opened and looked back at Shaun. "You mean..." she said slowly raising her hands to point at the man in front of her.

"Yes. My name is Shaun, of the KOXX," he said bowing to her.

Ji Eun covered and grabbed Mithra's arm. She stepped behind him then squeeled behind her hands. "I can't believe this. Oh my gosh," she said. Mithra could only laugh at her.

"Sorry about that. She's a fan of yours," said Tukutz smiling.

"Really? That's nice. I have a lot to owe her," said Shaun with a smile.

"We'll introduce her formally inside," said Mithra.

"After she's stopped fangirling over you," joked Tablo. "Where are the others?"

"They're inside already. Come on," said Shaun as he invited them inside the restaurant.

Ji Eun stayed close to Mithra, holding tight onto his arm. Shaun stole glances at her as they walked inside. "She's cute," he thought smiling to himself.