While In America

It Was All Worth It

 

"What did you do in America?" asked Seungjae.

"I worked with various artists. There was the time I met up with Dumbfoundead and Diplo. I was introduced to Skrillex and worked on a song with him, too. I met some of the KTown rappers in LA including Young West and Loopy. I did a number of collaborations with Josh Pan on some music. And the best thing was hanging out with Far East Movement!" answered EunJ.

"How long did you stay there?" asked Zico.

"I was there from September to January," she answered. "I did a bunch of shows with the people there and the experience was so amazing."

"Did she ever contact you when she went to America?" asked MYK.

"Yes. It was the same thing she always did. She would send me messages everyday telling me who she met and what she was doing. There was one time she even told me that she was brushing her teeth using a strawberry flavored toothpaste. I think she even brought it back here in Korea," smiled Shaun.

"When Ji Eun left, we saw how Shaun was sad and lost his smiles. It was too bad because just the other day, he was smiling. The next, he didn't even wanted to leave his bed," said Sunbin.

"The hyungs helped him through though. Epik High," said Shaun.

"He was back from military service and not a lot of people know his face from the scene he left. We took him around. We made him meet other rappers, DJs, artists," said Tablo.

"We made him push with his DJ gig because it made him become busy, forget Ji Eun for a while and keep his mind on other things while she was away," said Tukutz.

"In short, the things we used to do for Ji Eun-ah, we did to him as well," said Jinsil.

~

"Thank  you so much for helping us out with the arrangements for the show," said Tablo shaking hands with Jinsil.

"It's nothing. Thank Shaun. He's the arranger here," smiled Jinsil as he pointed at Shaun who was now playing with Haru.

"What if we all go out for dinner tonight? Our treat," said Mithra.

"Oh. Not me. Our manager will pay," laughed Tablo as he pointed at their manager who was standing next to the door of Happy Robot Records' studio.

"I don't know hyung. I have to go home. And Ji Eun might call or something," said Shaun letting Haru's hand go as she walked over to the piano.

"It's just one night," said Tukutz. "If she calls then we'll all speak to her."

Shaun wasn't able to say no anymore and went with Epik High and Life&Time to a restaurant in Hongdae. It was his first time eating out with them in more than a month. Ever since he started working with Epik High for their upcoming concert, he would always pass on invites to go eat or drink. He didn't have the energy to do so. Sunbin was the only person who could insist him doing his best during rehearsals even if he didn't feel like it. And for him, it still felt disrespectful for not being able to work properly in front of Epik High even though they were all friends.

At the restaurant, Shaun didn't talk much. He took shots with them but that was all he could do. He kept staring at his phone, waiting if Ji Eun would call. It was already morning in the USA and she usually calls him at this time because they were both awake.

As Sangwook was telling a story about his drum mentor in college, Shaun's phone suddenly lit up. He backed up in his seat, his eyes wide open. Sunbin noticed him and asked what happened. "Uhm... It's Ji Eun-ah. She's calling to do video call," said Shaun.

"Answer it stupid!" shouted Jinsil reaching for his head to hit.

Shaun avoided Jinsil and picked his phone up from the table. He lifted it so his face would be seen on the front cam and then clicked answer.

The video call started and there was Ji Eun. "Oppa. I thought you would never answer!" she said and everyone else heard it. "Where are you?"

Epik High stood up and rushed behind Shaun, Sangwook and Jinsil, too. Ji Eun saw their faces on the screen as Shaun stretched his arms out .

"Omo.. Is that Epik High? And Jinsil oppa?"

"Nae. We're having dinner," said Shaun.

"Oh really? It's been a while since I heard you go out with them. Where's Sunbin oppa?"

Sunbin moved to Shaun's side and smiled at the camera, giving Ji Eun a V sign. "Hello Ji Eun-ah. I miss you," he said.

"I miss you, too oppa. So much! All of you. Hello Sangwook oppa!" said Ji Eun waving to the camera as Sangwook waved at her as well. "You must be really happy right now, Shaun oppa," she smiled.

"Yes," he answered feeling a bit embarrassed as his friends saw his smile.

"Shaun is blushing, Ji Eun-ah," said Tablo.

"Ah. Really?! Too bad I can't see it," teased Ji Eun. She saw Shaun being trampled on by Jinsil and Mithra teasing him as he smiled to himself nonstop. "Yah! Don't hurt Shaun oppa! And stop it. I'm getting dizzy with all of your images blurring away," said Ji Eun from the other line. Luckily, the men stopped rubbing their fists against Shaun's head.

"Why did you call, Ji Eun-ssi?" asked Tukutz.

"I wanted to show Shaun oppa someone," said Ji Eun as she appeared to walk along a park. She seemed to have sat on a bench and continued to watch them. "Look at who I saw here in California this morning!"

Shaun looked intently on the screen. "Who is it?" he asked loudly.

Ji Eun moved her phone to reveal a man sitting right next to her. Everyone knew who he was, especially Epik High. "Parker!" shouted Tablo.

"Woah. Korean jesus," said Jinsil.

"Hey Tablo! Epik High, what up! Aren't you gonna even invite me over to Korea again?" Dumbfoundead said in Korean.

"You can come here anytime man. Any time," answered Tablo.

"Now this is where this all goes awkward," said Dumbfoundead smiling to Ji Eun.

"I told Parker sunbae about the guys back in Korea. And I mentioned to him about Shaun. So, the reason I made this video call is for them to meet and talk. But you guys are also there so..." said Ji Eun.

"So, which one of you other four guys is Shaun?" asked Dumbfoundead pointing at them through the screen.

"That's me," said Shaun pointing to himself.

"Oh. Really now?" said Dumbfoundead with wide eyes, obviously taken aback. "You have found yourself a keeper, Ahn Ji Eun," he told her in English.

Shaun and Sunbin understood what he said but didn't know what it meant. Shaun looked at Tablo quizzically. "It's an expression in English when you want to mean that something is worth to keep. In this sense, Parker means that..." Tablo tried to explain.

"What I meant was you're a good-looking guy and I like you to become Ji Eun's real boyfriend already. Understood that?" Dumbfoundead told Shaun in a louder voice. Shaun was surprised at his tone and hesitantly said "yes". "Good. I'll see you when I get to Korea so get ready for that," he told Shaun. "See you, too, Epik High. It's been a while."

"See yah, Parker," said Mithra.

Ji Eun was laughing all the time Dumbfoundead was talking to Shaun. She brought her phone back to face her and suppressed her laughs as she talked. "I'm sorry about that oppa," she said.

"It's fine. Don't worry," answered Shaun.

"I'll call you again in your morning. Good night oppa. Bye bye everyone! I miss you!" said Ji Eun waving at all of them before ending the call.

"Looks like Ji Eun's showing you off to the people she's meeting. She must really love you," said Mithra.

"I know. But did you see that?" said Shaun looking up at everyone. "I saw Dumbfoundead. He knows me. He talked to me. He's friends with Ji Eun now and he likes me. I think I can die now," he said in pure joy.

 

= _ = _ = _ = _ =

Guys.. I posted this while watching Sooryun have a live video chat on Facebook. YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW FREAKING CRAZY I AM RIGHT NOW.. HE IS ING GORGEOUS.!!!! <3