Finally

It Was All Worth It

"What happened when Shaun came back?" asked MYK.

"That was the day we knew they still loved each other so much," said Tablo.

"The two were happy when they finally met after 2 years. But there we were with our other friends, crying, because we were just so happy for both of them," said Jinsil.

"It was like a reunion. The KOXX, our friends, Shaun and Ji Eun. It was a good day," smiled Mithra.

"We wanted it to be a surprise for both of them but things got out of hand," said Sunbin.

~

Seho accompanied Ji Eun to her apartment because they needed to drop her books from the university before heading to Hi Lite to record a song with Keith Ape. She just dropped her backpack and took a jacket off her clothes rack in her room.

"You don't need to hurry, Ji Eun-ah," said Seho smiling, taking his bag from the kitchen counter. He was right behind her as she opened her front door to step outside.

"Seho oppa, hurry. I want to spend time with Keith at Hi Lite," Ji Eun excitingly shouted.

Ji Eun lived in the same building as Tablo and his family. Actually, from Ji Eun's door, she could see their door across it, three floors up. And just like how she usually does it, she looked up and smiled at their door before turning to go.

"Wait a minute," said Ji Eun, stopping in her tracks.

Seho saw her stop as he closed the door behind him. "Let's go. I thought you were in a hurry?" he said.

Ji Eun only looked at him then back at the Lee family's door above. There were people lined up in front. Men. Almost 10 of them. They looked familiar to her. She was wondering who they were exactly because they never had visitors at day. Not that much as well.

"Who are they? Do you know if papa Tablo is expecting that much visitors?" she asked.

"As far as I know, Tablo had all of his schedules canceled today at a very short notice. He said he had friends coming," answered Seho taking his keys out of his pocket.

"Who are they?" asked Ji Eun still looking up. She saw a familiar man with mid-long hair almost covering all of his eyes.

"I think Bo noona said it was their usual Sunday lunch with friends. So that means there's MYK, Barberettes, PType and Dynamic Duo," answered Seho as he walked past her. "I think she mentioned Yankie-nim, too," he said to himself. Seho looked around when he heard a step come from behind. Ji Eun was already running towards the stairs. "Ji Eun-ah! Where are you going?" he called as he followed her.

"It's Saturday today, Seho oppa. They shouldn't have visitors!" shouted Ji Eun from the next floor.

Ji Eun reached the seventh floor in no time and immediately rang the doorbell. Seho was right behind him saying, "What are you doing, Ji Eun?" But she gave no notice to it.

Inside, Jinsil was carrying Haru around the living area. Sinae and Sohee were helping Hyejung set up the table in the den. Sunbin, Sangwook and Gaeko were in the kitchen helping out. Yankie, PType, and the others were on the sofa talking when the bell suddenly rang.

"Can someone get that please?" called Hyejung from the family bedroom as she took out some linen cloth for the table.

"I'll go get it," said Sooryun.

"Are we expectihg someone else?" asked Choiza.

"I have a bad idea about this. Tell him to stay inside the kitchen," Tablo instructed Grace who quickly ran inside.

Sooryun stood up and went to the door. He slightly opened it and didn't see the face of the person on the other side. "Who is it?" he asked first.

"Is that Sooryun oppa?" the person said. Sooryun recognized the voice and opened the door wide. Ji Eun was there with hang open. Sooryun hugged her. "Ji Eun-ah, it's been a while," he said.

She only let him hug her. But she was still highly surprised. She was expecting to see Shaun or somebody else. Not him. "Oppa. Why are you here? Are you on leave? Why didn't you tell me?" she asked.

"I'm sorry, Ji Eun-ah. Yes, I'm on leave," smiled Sooryun. He took her hand and pulled her inside. "Come in. See who's here," he said inviting Seho inside as well.

They walked into the living area and Ji Eun saw Epik High, TBNY, PType, the Barberettes and Jinsil. She immediately hugged them all in delight. "Why didn't you tell me you guys were having dinner all together?" she asked.

"We really didn't know you'd be available, Ji Eun. Mianhae," said Yankie reaching for her head and hugging her against his chest.

"What brought you here, Ji Eun-ah?" asked Hyejung as she walked outside their room with the cloth she needed at hand.

"I saw people coming into your apartment from below. I was wondering who they were so I went up," answered Ji Eun. "Seho is outside by the way."

"Let him in, Sooryun-ssi," Hyejung told him.

"Really now," said PType.

"Who were you expecting to see?" TopBob asked.

"No one. I just...," Ji Eun murmured.

"Are you looking for Shaun?" asked Jinsil teasingly as he let Haru down to hug Ji Eun as well. The Barberettes cooed and started giggling with Hyejung. Ji Eun hugged Haru and let her walk away after.

"Did I hear someone call Shaun?" said Sunbin as he walked out of the kitchen with Sangwook carrying a bowl. "Hello Ji Eun-ah," he greeted as he walked over to her giving her a peck on the head.

A head popped out of the kitchen doorway saying, "Anyone looking for me? I need help with the meat bowl please."

It was Shaun. Mihtra stepped inside and took a bowl to help him. Ji Eun stood there, frozen. Shaun walked out with a bowl in hand and placed it on the table the ladies prepared. He stood up and dusted his hands off. He then looked at Ji Eun who was staring at him. "You were looking for me, they said. How are you, Ji Eun-ah?" he said leaning towards her, putting a hand on her head. "I'm already done with my service. Did you miss me?" he smiled.

Ji Eun stared at him, not believing that he was right in front of her finally. He had short black hair, his eyes became deeper and his cheeks look swollen. She raised a hand and put the tips of her fingers against his cheek. She soon touched it with her whole hand, tracing his jawline. She then lifted her arms and hugged him tight which almost made Shaun lose his balance.

"It is you," said Ji Eun holding him close, resting her head at the crook of his neck.

Shaun smiled as he hugged her back, stooping down to her level. "No one else," he said slowly relaxing.

But the girl in his arms started crying and her knees felt numb. Ji Eun slid down as she cried. Shaun went down with her, not losing their hold on each other. "I... I missed you," she said in his chest as they both were now kneeling on the floor.

"I missed you as well. So much," said Shaun holding her closer, tighter, harder. She was everything he needed at that moment. He heard her tears and he wanted to cry as well but he was too happy to stop smiling.

"Ah geez. Why should you be doing this inside my house?" asked Tablo raising his voice in a teasing way. He wiped a tear away as it slid down his face and reached for his wife's hand to hold.

Shaun heard this and looked up at them with a smile. "Should we go somewhere else?" he said.

Ji Eun then let him go and cupped his face in her hands. "You look like you haven't had enough sleep yet," she said looking straight into his eyes.

"Talk about that girl whose dark circles under her eyes are showing even under those glasses," said Shaun putting a finger on top of her nose slightly with a grin. "I missed teasing you like this," he continued as he removed her hands from his face. He took her head in both of his hands and pulled her close, kissing her forehead. "I missed everything about you, Ahn Ji Eun," he whispered as he embraced her once more.

"Too bad everything didn't go as planned but I guess this is better," smiled Gaeko as he leaned on the kitchen door.

"Why don't we celebrate to this?!" cheered Choiza as he clapped his hand.

Ji Eun let go of Shaun and wiped her tears away. "Wait. I have to call Keith and tell him I won't be coming anymore," she said taking her phone out of her pocket.

Shaun smiled and held her chin with two of his fingers. "You do that. I have a gift for you," he said before kissing her right cheek and standing up, walking over to his bag which he threw on the sofa.

Ji Eun was left there, frozen, surprised at how he kissed her. She unconsciously lifted a hand to her cheek and pressed against it. She was feeling warm. She was blushing. Just then, Haru approached her and kissed her left cheek saying, "Shaun oppa forgot to kiss your left cheek eonnie." Ji Eun looked at her and gave her a smile. 

"He did, Haru, " she said.