Connections

It Was All Worth It

"You've seen their relationship grow. What struck you the most about the two of them?" asked Simon D.

"Man. That's a serious question," said Seungjae.

"I think, they're pretty much the typical couple who wants to be together, have dates, talk all night, sleep together, stare at each other all day, those ," said Tablo. "But the thing is, they never had the chance to do those things because life made them live apart."

"They wanted to be there with each other through everything but they just couldn't," said Hyunsong.

"For other couples, if they live apart and don't talk much, they would gradually fall out of love. But it was different with the two of them," said Sunbin.

"It's as if they fell even more in love as time went by," said Sooryun.

"And that struck me," said Tablo.

"It's the amount of love and loyalty they had for each other that really hit me. I don't know a lot of couples who are capable of doing so. And I feel happy for them," said Simon D.

"Since Ji Eun is really beautiful and friendly, she had men who always showed interest in her. But never have I seen her give that much interest in anyone else other than Shaun," said Tablo.

"But there was a time I know that she almost gave in," said Kang Seungyoon.

"I'm Ji Eun's bestfriend but I admitted to her that I had a crush on her. I mean, who wouldn't have a crush on her? She was just cool with it. But as time went by, I started to like her more. I always thought it was just because she's a cool person but I really fell for her," said Seungjae.

~

"You haven't been talking to Ji Eun since you came back from America," said Sunghyun.

"I don't feel like it. And besides, it's hard to contain myself when she's there," said Seungjae checking himself out in the mirror.

"Hey. I thought you already got over that," said Type C sternly.

"It's not like a guy could really stop drooling over her when she passes by, hyung. You know she's hot," said Seungjae.

" you. I don't even look at Ji Eun like that," said Sunghyun.

"I sometimes do. But she really is more of a pain in the for me," said Rwam doing something on his phone.

"Where's Yoonho-ssi?" asked Sunghyun as he looked through the mirror.

"He's outside. He's talking to this guy from Lucidream," answered Type C.

Just then, Shaun walked inside the waiting room saying he was talking to Maximite outside. They took a group photo from Shaun's phone. Shaun has met Type C from military service. They were on the same duty and soon became friends. They stayed in touch after Type C's enlistment. Since Shaun took the post at Club The A, they often had time to talk about the DJ life since Type C himself is a pronounced DJ. He was then introduced to his group of friends and was able to spend time with them as well. Seungjae was the youngest in the group and Shaun enjoyed his company as he was friendly and crazy.

Type C got up from his seat and told them to get ready and have dinner. He was just going to the comfort room.

"Do you have a girlfriend, Yoonho-ssi?" asked Sunghyun turning in his seat.

"Huh?! Uhm... Kind of. But we're not yet really together," he answered.

"Why? What happened? Where is she?" asked Sunghyun. 

"She's just busy as I am busy with my work as well. We haven't seen each other more than a year now," he answered.

"But.. does she know you like her?" asked Rwam.

"Of course. I confessed to her before I went to camp," answered Shaun.

"Aaawww... Too bad. What's her name?" asked Sunghyun.

"Nah. I don't think I can say her name," said Shaun.

"Come on, hyung. It's just us. We probably don't know who she is so tell us," said Seungjae excitingly. Shaun just shrugged his shoulders.

"You know, Seungjae has a bestfriend. She's all our friend, too. She also has this love story with a guy who went to service and that she's waiting for him. They confessed on the day he left. Probably hurts so much," said Rwam.

Type C came back from the comfort room and heard them talk as he was tucking his shirt back into his backpack. "Her name is Ahn Ji Eun. She's the idol rapper, EunJ," he said.

Shaun heard the name and instantly turned his head to look at Type C. "Wh-What was her name?" he asked.

"She's EunJ. The rapper. She's pretty popular nowadays, if you haven't heard of her. Her real name is Ahn Ji Eun," said Sunghyun.

"And she's a very nice girl," said Rwam.

"You should meet her someday, Yoonho. You'll like her as well," said Type C.

Seungjae stood up and leaned on the wall beside the sofa Rwam was sitting on. "She's amazing, hyung. If she didn't dump me for that guy she was waiting for, I would have totally let her live with me 24/7," he said taking his bag from beside Rwam.

"Don't worry. We won't let him do that," smiled Rwam as he stood up as well.

They all walked out of the room. Shaun followed them but uttered nothing, his eyes were fixed on Seungjae.

That night, Shaun tossed and turned in his bed. He tried sending a message to Ji Eun, asking how she was. She never answered which was weird. She usually was up until 1am. Maybe she was already asleep. He didn't tell her he was at Seoul that day for a show. But Ji Eun sent her a message telling him she would be at the university all day because of a research she had to do. That night, she would be at YG trying to finish a song she was working on with BIGTONE. It was going to be his last morning in Seoul until he goes back to camp. He tried his luck and sent an invite to Seungjae for breakfast. Luckily, he said yes.

The morning went fast. Seungjae was early at the cafe they agreed to meet at. He hasn't slept yet and went straight to see Shaun. He concentrated on how to confront the kid. He had felt irritated since last night as he thought of what Seungjae shared. He wanted to be angry but he couldn't just act on it immediately. What if it was a different person he was talking about?

"So, Seungjae-ssi..." said Shaun as he sipped through his coffee. "Do you have a photo of your bestfriend?" he asked.

"Uhm... Yeah. But she's actually everywhere," he said taking his phone out of his pocket. He scrolled through something before showing Shaun his screen.

It was a photo of Ji Eun with her chin on top of her hands, slightly pouting, her eyes looking towards her left where Seungjae was with the same pose. Shaun knew it was the same Ji Eun he knew because their glasses were the same, her lips were the same and her eyes were the same.

"Well, this is one of the coolest selcas we have. Most of our pictures are either blurry or we appear too ugly. I don't think she'll like it if I showed other people those photos," said Seungjae looking at his phone with a smile.

"Can I ask you something, Seungjae-ssi?" asked Shaun. "How did you meet Ji Eun-ssi?"

"I met her because of DaeNamHyup. She was friends with i11evn hyung and they introduced her to everyone in the crew, including me and Sunghyun hyung. When Sihyeong hyung came out of service, she was soon introduced to him, Rwam hyung and Hashmate hyung," answered Seungjae. "You know hyung... We were actually thinking of creating a crew with her."

"Didn't you tell us yesterday that you tried to date her?" asked Shaun trying his best not too sound too invasive or irritated.

"I did," answered Seungjae as he put his phone down on the table. "And yes, I did like her. That was months ago. I kinda regretted confessing to her because I knew she was into someone else and I just made her confused. But Ji Eun," he paused looking at Shaun with a big smile. "She's different and I'm lucky to have her as a bestfriend. I guess that's just how it was meant to be," he said. "She was always there for me. Even if people looked at me like I was a devil pulled out of hell, she treated me like I was an angel. She held me down. She kept on making me feel like I was more than just a model, more than just a guy who wanted to have fun nights. We were total opposites but compliment each other. I guess I just wasn't the guy she was looking for," he said taking the glass of cola beside him and gulping half of it down his throat. "You know, hyung. I think... I think she'll like you if she ever met you. But I don't know. She looks very loyal with the guy. I just haven't met him yet," he said looking back at his friend with a smile.

"Wh-why did you say that? How come?" asked Shaun.

"I don't know. Just maybe. You're older than her. You're pretty much mature than most of us. You're a nice hyung. You're a gentleman and talented and smart. You're a lot of things I'm not," said Seungjae.

"Seungjae-ssi... I have to confess," said Shaun taking his phone out from his pocket. "Remember when I said that I already have a girl I love? And that we were just waiting for each other?" he said as he scrolled through his gallery.

"Yeah. That's pretty cool, you know. That could be true love if you end up together. You're lucky, hyung," said Seungjae as he took his chopsticks and reached for a slice of meat.

"Yeah. I know. I hope you won't be too surprised, but take a look at her," he said turning his phone to face Seungjae.

Seungjae's mouth fell open, the chopsticks sliding off his lips and the meat falling back to his bowl.

"What the ?!"