Bestfriend Huh?

It Was All Worth It

"Who really are your bestfriends?" asked MYK.

"I don't have much friends," said Shaun. "The band are more like my brothers than just friends. But if it's the closest to me, I always considered Sooryun hyung as my bestfriend. I confide in him a lot of the things I usually just keep to myself," said Shaun.

"It was pretty obvious they'd grow to be the closest in the band. Their personalities are the same. They always work on our music more than everyone else," said Hyunsong.

"Ji Eun's bestfriend is Han Seungjae," answered Minzy.

"I have a lot of friends but I always wanted to keep my distance from everyone because there has always been that notion in me that no kind of relationship stays forever. But Han Seungjae was different," said Ji Eun.

"I don't even know how we agreed to be bestfriends. All I know was that we already started calling each other as best friends," laughed Seungjae.

"Ji Eun is lucky to have a bestfriend like this jerk," said Simon D. "Tall, funny, crazy, handsome."

"I am not handsome," said Seungjae.

"Seungjae is a beautiful person," said Ji Eun with a smile.

"I was surprised when I learned they became bestfriends. Ji Eun always said that she didn't like tattoos, slightly with people who have or show it off," said Mino.

"She even cursed me for having my first tattoo," said Sooryun.

~

"Hey guys! How is the recording?" asked Ji Eun as he stepped into the studio at Factory Boi Records.

Marvel J flashed a V sign from inside the mic room as he removed the headset from his ears. Kidoh and Fame-J were sitting in front of the computers. i11evn was already hugging Ji Eun when she came in. She let go and sat besides Iron on the couch. He put an arm around her shoulders and planted a kiss on her head.

Supreme Boi rolled his eyes at her. "You really just flirt with everyone, don't you?" he said.

" you, Donghyuk. I don't," answered Ji Eun snapping back.

"He's just jealous," said i11evn smirking.

Supreme Boi has a very complicated relationship with his girlfriend who is a known y model-blogger online. They've been going through an on and off relationship for 6 months already and whenever he's pissed off, he always tries to piss Ji Eun off, too. She rarely gives a though.

Marvel J stepped out of the mic room and shook hands with Ji Eun. "Wanna hear what we've done?" he asked.

"Sure. Hit play," said Ji Eun.

Fame-J clicked play and the new song filled the room. "First critic," he said smiling. They all listened with Supreme Boi and i11evn giving small comments while at it. Ji Eun just sat there, listening with Iron beside her bobbing his head.

"Fame-J hyung produced the song and it's sounding cool," said Kidoh as the song died down.

"Really? I like it. How come you only give the cool songs to i11evn oppa?" Ji Eun complained towards Fame-J.

"You can't do this song. This is too hard for you to handle, " he answered. 

"Why?! Because I'm a girl?!" said Ji Eun bolting up.

"No. He's said that because you're still not used to doing trap beats," said Marvel J.

"I can do trap, the are you guys saying?!" said Ji Eun defending herself.

"Not just up to par as Cohort," smiled Kidoh.

Ji Eun just gave up then sat back down, rolling her eyes at them. "So is that for your mixtape?" she asked.

"We were actually thinking about that," said Supreme Boi.

"All of the songs are cool," said Iron.

"Where's Kyum2 and Snatch?" asked Ji Eun all of a sudden.

"Snatch is still asleep. Kyum2's been studying," answered i11evn.

"Well, that's nice," said Ji Eun folding her arms together.

"Hey. Why don't we go out and have dinner? And maybe meet some new friends," said Kidoh.

"Good idea," said Marvel J smiling. "I'm already hungry."

"Who are we going to meet?" asked Ji Eun standing up along with Iron.

"Some new friends. Well, we've known them for a while now. You'll like them," said Iron slinging an arm over her shoulders.

The boys took her to a restaurant in Hongdae in one of the busiest streets in the area. Ji Eun thanked herself for bringing a beannie. She just dropped a single the other week and the amount of people following her was growing by the minute. Sometimes, she even regrets debuting under YG Entertainment but feels blessed that the people who support her with her the most come from that family. She should just have to live with the popularity.

The restaurant was a typical Korean one. They followed i11evn and Kidoh upstairs to the second floor where there were more tables for big groups. Iron waved to a group of men in one of the tables in the center. There was a big guy with glasses, another one with unruly hair, someone who had deep, droopy eyes, and one that had his hoodie over his head. The other guy Ji Eun recognized as Kim Sunghyun, their friend who also happens to be a guitarist and style director at BigHit Entertainment.

"There you guys are. Rwam is already hungry," said Sunghyun standing up and shaking hands with i11evn.

"Someone dropped by the studio earlier and we kinda lost track of the time," answered i11evn stepping aside to show Ji Eun who was just removing her beanie. 

"Ji Eun-ah," greeted Sunghyun giving her a warm hug. "Glad to see you're free today," he said.

"Me, too. Classes ended early today so I have time to go around," answered Ji Eun.

"Ji Eun-ah," said Kidoh. "These are our friends. That's Type C hyung. The one with crazy hair is Rwam."

The guy stood up and shook hands with Ji Eun. "I like it this way," he said pointing at his head with a smile.

The guy with deep eyes is Hong Samman. "He's a producer. He's cool," said Supreme Boi.

"And this," said Iron as he sat down beside the guy in a hoodie. He pulled his hoodie down saying, "This is Han Seungjae. You might have seen him before. He's a model."

The guy smiled which made his eyes disappear. Ji Eun thought it was cute. She sat between Marvel J and Kidoh, in front of Seungjae. She noticed he had a tattoo near both his eyes and thought that it looked cool. He was not handsome but he looked very attractive.

"You're a model?" asked Ji Eun.

"Yes. I do local modeling. But I'm going to start a stint in America soon," said Seungjae.

"Cool," said Ji Eun.

"You're EunJ, right? The rapper?" asked Seungjae. Ji Eun just smiled, feeling awkward that she was still recognized. "I saw Iron hyung's selcas with you so I know who you are. Nice meeting you," he said putting his hand out.

Ji Eu took her hand out to shake his. She noticed the ink on his hands and was surprised. Seungjae took back his hand immediately and hid his hand in his jacket's pockets.

"You know, Seungjae-ssi is also a tattoo artist and he's pretty good at it," said i11evn.

"I do it as part time for now. But it's really something I like and is interested in. Art. I hope you're cool with people with tattoos," said Seungjae.

"Uhm... I don't like it but I'm fine with it," said Ji Eun. "I have other friends who have them."

They all stayed there for a good 2 hours eating. The guys bought soju and started drinking. Ji Eun didn't drink but she was insisted to have one shot just to celebrate having new friends. Marvel J, Kidon and Sunghyun made sure she didn't drink any more.

Ji Eun kept on meeting up with DaeNamHyup and their other friends including Seungjae. As time went by, Ji Eun and Seungjae became more close. Their ages were just a month apart and it felt like they've been friends forever.

"When are you going to America?" asked Ji Eun as she hugged Seungjae's neck from behind his working chair.

"My flight is in a week. Then I'll stay there for a week," answered Seungjae grabbing her arms. Ji Eun let go but stayed standing there. He spun in his chair to face her. "Will you miss me?" he asked.

"Of course, I will. No one would take me out for late night strolls anymore," smiled Ji Eun.

"Good. I have to tell you something," said Seungjae holding both of her hands.

Ji Eun only looked at him waiting for him to continue. He looked around and saw the door to his room open. He stood up and went to the door. He looked outside and saw one of the other tattoo artists doing work. He gently closed the door and turned around, walking back to his seat. Ji Eun watched him as he did.

"Why close the door? It's just us," said Ji Eun folding her arms.

"That's the point. I want it to be only us," said Seungjae as he sat on the table. He took one of her hands and held it tight. "I wanted to tell you something," he said looking straight at Ji Eun, her eyes not wandering. "Coming from a guy like me, it's pretty hard to say this but what if I told you I like you, Ahn Ji Eun?" he blurted out pressing hard onto her hand. 

Ji Eun pulled her hand away and said, "You did not just say that."

"I already did," said Seungjae with a smile. "So... What if I like you? What would happen to us?" he asked.

"Nothing would happen to us," answered Ji Eun looking away.

"I'm just asking. What would you do? Would you let me date you? Would you let me love you?" asked Seungjae folding his arms.

"Why are you like that? You don't even look like you're serious," said Ji Eun.

"Do you really want me to be serious?" asked Seungjae but she didn't answer. "I am serious, Ji Eun. I like you. I really do. You are such a beautiful person. I want you to be mine. But I know you like someone else. I haven't met the guy but I feel as if I already lost  and that's why I'm acting like this. He must be pretty lucky to have your heart. And here I am, only a bestfriend to you," he said.

"Seungjae," said Ji Eun.

He took one of her hands and placed it on his chest. She didn't know what to do but neither did she pull away. Han Seungjae has become her shoulder whenever she needed someone. He was a model and tattoo artist and he always had a busy schedule. But whenever Ji Eun needed someone to talk to, he would stop whatever he was doing and run to her, whether it was in the morning or late at night. He was like her other half. While she was the good girl, he was the bad boy that did crazy stuff. While she enjoys musical art, Seungjae lives for the visual artistry on one's body. He is the most reckless alcoholic she has ever met but she loved all the moments he'll talk nonstop whenever he was drunk. He looks mean and serious sometimes but he certainly knew how to have fun. Ji Eun adored his character, something that was opposite of her life where she could only think of being serious and chase through goals. He was there to make sure she had a reason to smile. And in return, Ji Eun kept him from trouble. She never thought of falling in love with him. But a life without him would definitely not be the same.

"I know I'm only a friend to you right now. But I want to dream that someday you could be mine, all mine. Ji Eun... Could you give me a chance? Could you think about it? If I could pursue you? Please? I won't rush you," said Seungjae.

"I... I don't know Seungjae. You really are just my friend," answered Ji Eun.

Suddenly, a knock came form the door. They both looked at it, unsure of what to do.

"I'll fly out to America in a week. Think about it by then. Call me whenever you have an answer," he said letting her hand go and standing up to open the door.

It was the other artist working outside. "Iron-ssi and Snatch-ssi are here," he said walking back to his post just as the two visitors came walking in.

"I knew you two would be together," said Iron giving Ji Eun a hug.

"We wanted to ask if the drink out was still going as we planned," said Snatch shaking Seungjae's hand.

"Of course, it is. Want to come Ji Eun-ah?" said Seungjae looking back at her as if nothing happened.

"I'd rather not. You guys know I don't drink," she smiled.

"At least, make us take you home," offered Seungjae.

A week went by and Ji Eun tried to keep things normal between her and Seungjae. She still sends him the same messages everyday. But Seungjae seems to be ignoring her. When she finally got tired of it, she told him to meet her at NB2 where she could talk to him. She chose a VIP room at the second floor where there were very less people. A waiter asked for her order but she declined and just gave him 5 dollars to never come back up. Seungjae came 10 minutes later than their agreed time, 8pm.

"I know. I had to pick up some stuff from the studio. I'm already packing," said Seungjae.

"I don't care. At least, you're here," said Ji Eun.

Seungjae looked at the table and did not see a single glass. "I came here thinking that you were drinking. You never went to NB2 alone. But there are no drinks," he said taking a seat on the opposite sofa. "So, what's up?"

"I asked you to come here so we could talk," said Ji Eun.

"Oh. So, finally going to accept me?" asked Seungjae smiling as he crossed his legs.

"No."

"Well, I knew you wouldn't."

"Aren't you even surprised?"

"Ji Eun-ah, I am your bestfriend. I know you. And I know you can't love someone like me."

"Seungjae. I love you."

"Not the way I do."

He was already standing up, hands inside his pocket. Ji Eun stood up as well. "Look. I'm sorry for putting you through this. It was foolish of me to confess that way. Well, if there's nothing more, I have to leave and get ready," he said turning around.

"No. Don't make another move, Han Seungjae," shouted Ji Eun. "Look at me." And he did. "I'm sorry. I know I hurt you, even though I didn't want to. But please don't treat me like this," she said walking to him and hugging him tightly. "I love you. You are one of theose people that was able to make me go crazy. I'm sorry if I can't love you back the same way you do. But when I say I love you and that you're important to me, I mean it." 

Seungjae closed his eyes and sighed. He pushed Ji Eun gently away from him and cupped her face with both of his hands. "Forgive me," he said before pulling her close, kissing her lips as lightly as he could.

Ji Eun shot her eyes wide before pushing him away. "Seungjae," she said under her breath.

"Sorry. I just had to do that before I regret anything," he said. "Look. I know you'll say no to me. I saw it coming. You don't have to worry about me. I can forget about you. I'll do that while I'm in America."

"Don't drink too much when you're there," said Ji Eun.

Seungjae smiled and shook his head. "I'll try not to. But that's impossible if I'm with Daniel hyung," he said.

They both just stood there looking at each other for the next few minutes. They both knew they were good friends but it was obvious things wouldn't be the same after that night. Ji Eun feared another person she loves dearly to leave her life. She wasn't prepared for it.

"I need to go, Ji Eun-ah," Seungjae finally said. "I called i11evn hyung and Iron hyung before I came here to take you home. They should be here any minute now. Take care, Ahn Ji Eun. I'll see you when I come back," he said turning around and walking out of the door.

"They're not coming," Ji Eun told herself as she sat back down on the sofa, taking her phone out and connecting her earphones. i11evn called her earlier asking where she was and she told them she was fine, that she didn't need people fetching her.

The door finally opened and an exhausted Sunbin walked in. Saron was right behind him with arms folded. "It was kinda hard looking for you with all of those people downstairs. Someone even recognized me. I am never coming back here," said Sunbin walking towards her.

Ji Eun only looked up at him with wet eyes. "Are you all right? Have you been drinking?" he asked kneeling in front of her.

"I don't drink oppa," she answered. Sunbin placed one of his hands on her knee, the other on her hand. "Someone left me again. And this time, I hurt their feelings," she said as a tear trailed its way down her cheek.

Sunbin held her hand tight and tried to smile at her. Saron walked over to them and slid his hand down her hair to her back. They both let her cry until she was exhausted and rested in Saron's arms.