Flirting

It Was All Worth It

"Did you know EunJ met the KOXX that time?" asked Zico.

"Yes, you told me," said Mino pointing at Zico.

Everyone started to laugh. "Yeah. I remember," said Zico as he stopped laughing. "She met with us one day and all she could talk about was how she met the KOXX," he continued.

"It was nice to see them together because Ji Eun acted normal towards them despite being a fan," said Tablo.

"All I thought back then was that Ji Eun liked Sooryun. She often said that Sooryun had the best face in the band," said Hyunsong.

Sooryun stood up and turned in his place with his arms wide open. He sat down after Sunbin kept on pulling on his sleeve, embarrassed by his dongsaneg's actions. "I'm sorry about that," said Sooryun with a proud smile.

"She always praised Sooryun hyung. She always looked at him. She always stared at him during our shows. I felt left out," laughed Shaun.

"Don't worry. She does that to me as well. She says I'm her bias in Block B but she would always scream if it's UKwon hyung on the screen," said Zico.

 

~

 

"You're a trainee at YG?" asked Sooryun. Ji Eun was only able to nod.

"What music do you do?" asked Hyunsong.

"I do hiphop," she answered. Everyone from the band looked at her with surprise and it felt awkward. "Uhm... Is there a problem with that?" she asked.

"Nothing," said Sooryun. "You just... don't look like it."

"No offense. We have friends who do hiphop as well, like Epik High hyungs. And there's this aura that comes from them that says hiphop. I don't see it in you," said Hyunsong folding his arms. "Or at least, not yet."

"Please don't mind him, Ji Eun-ah," said Tukutz who sat right beside her. "All these people are music majors so they are much more aware of what visual ideas music gives off."

"It's fine, I understand," she responded with a smile.

"Don't be fooled by Ji Eun-ssi. She looks innocent and nice outside or whenever she isn't really doing anything. But once she grabs a mic and performs, she transforms into a mean rapper," said Tablo.

"Even better than CL?" asked Sunbin leaning over the table.

"CL is different," said Mithra. "But if you really want a comparison, Ji Eun is better with raps." Epik High nodded. Hyunsong and Sooryun as well.

Shaun sat right across Ji Eun and kept staring at her. "I want to ask her something," he said as he leaned his head on his hand. Everyone looked at him, even Ji Eun. "How old are you?" he asked.

"I'm 18 years old," she answered quickly.

Shaun's chin dropped from his hand with surprise. "Eh?" he said.

"You're still young," said Sunbin.

"You shouldn't be wasting your youth waiting to debut under YG or whatever agency out there. You have to start working on your music and release songs. They call it mixtapes in the hiphop world, right hyung?" Sooryun asked Tablo who nodded.

"Those agencies will just tire you out. And YG has a reputation of putting their trainees in dungeons," said Hyunsong.

"We're not saying it's a bad company. YG is one good artist creator," said Sooryun.

"Just not our style," said Saron nodding.

"I am still a trainee but I'm working my way to be better. I really hope I get a chance to debut soon though. I'm practicing everyday. And I'm learning different genres," said Ji Eun.

"The best thing about Ji Eun is that she produces her own songs. If everything goes well, YG would notice that and be able to give her a chance," said Tablo.

"It's much better if an artist is able to create their own music. You do your best, Ji Eun-ah," smiled Shaun as he looked at her.

The night went on with more stories, most of which were centered on Ji Eun's life. After the food, Hyunsong ordered a bottle of soju to share between everyone. But Ji Eun does not drink. She settled at one end of the table as they gathered near Sooryun to take shots. Hyunsong and Mithra did a little photoshoot together, Tukutz and Saron as the photographers. Because they both had beards, they said they looked like each other, and Ji Eun approved.

Ji Eun only watched and laughed along. Since she didn't drink, Tablo ordered a chocolate drink for her. Shaun took the seat right next to her.

"Are you having fun?"

"Yes, I am."

"They're right, you know. You don't look like a rapper."

"I get that a lot."

"Do you want to exchange phone numbers or something? Maybe go see a show or work on a song together?"

"Sure. That would be nice."

Shaun gave her his phone, she did the same, and exchanged phone numbers. As Shaun gave her phone back, a smile of victory traced its way onto his lips. Sooryun saw this and teased them.

"Already flirting with her, Shaunnierang?" he said teasingly. Ji Eun only smiled and stirred the straw in her drink.

"I only asked for her phone number. I wasn't flirting," Shaun said trying to defend himself.

"Good," said Sooryun.

Sunbin stood up and approached Ji Eun. He took his phone out and handed it to Ji Eun. "Is it fine if I ask for yours, too?" he asked.

"Sure," smiled Ji Eun as she took his phone and pressed in her phone number.

Sooryun took his phone out, too, and slid it across the table towards Ji Eun. She looked at it then at Shaun who started to groan his annoyance at his hyungs. "I won't mind if you name yourself as my girlfriend or something on it. Really. I wouldn't care," smiled Sooryun at her, a hint of redness crawling thorugh his cheeks.

"Now that... is what you call flirting," said Ji Eun as she smiled at Shaun.