[ NOT A CHAPTER ] Meet Them

It Was All Worth It

Hi guys! So I thought that maybe, people are gonna get so confused about my fanfic because not everyone knows the people I've been mentioning. Some of them are from the KHiphop scene, the others are from the K-Indie scene. So I decided to create a chapter where I can introduce them to you, at least how they look like and what their characters are, or what they actually do in the scene. So yeah. I hope you get to like them as well! 

So again, This is the KOXX. There are five members here. (Left to right) : Shaun, Sooryun, Hyunsong, Sunbin, Saron.  What's so amazing about this group is that they all went to the same university, Howon University, and they are all Applied Music majors. Saron, Sooryun and Hyunsong came from the same class/rock music major. Shaun was a junior. 

 

 

 

 

 

 First, Shaun
Kim Yoonho. Jan. 12, 1990
Aside from being part of the KOXX, Shaun is also a resident DJ at Club The A, however, he does DJing anywhere he can. He became popular as a DJ after being part of the World DJ Festival in 2015. He is also a producer and might have as well produced some of your favorite KPOP idol groups songs (*ehem* EXO). He also used to do modeling gigs since he is quite tall. According to the members, Shaun was the last member to officially join the band. The members said that he might as well be the most talented and gifted among them. He has a natural inclination towards music, being good in a lot of instruments. He is mysterious, according to Sunbin, but he ended up living with him some time. Since he's the youngest and is an electronic music major, he thought it was hard to fit in with the band but he was wrong. He fit in perfectly. XD

 

Second, Sooryun.
Lee Sooryun. Dec. 23,1988

Well, obviously, Sooryun is the most handsome out of all the members. Even they admit to it. Even Shaun loves his face (yes. They're my KOXX OTP, Ryun&Shaun. <3) So Sooryun... I can't really describe him so much since he's pretty not much that energetic in some of their videos. But he does have this character of being too much of an alcoholic right under Hyunsong being the first. He drinks. He smokes. And I don't know what else he does not do. XD lol Just like Shaun, Sooryun is also mysterious and a little bit of an introvert. However, if he feels like it, he could really be funny. The members also agree that Sooryun is the most fashionable from all of them. And oh yeah! Both him and Shaun own a cat each. (omo.. my OTP. <3) 

 

Third is Hyunsong.
Lee Hyunsong. Nov. 7, 1988
So Hyunsong is like their leader or something. Although, they really don't have one. He's their vocalist and he's the chubbiest. BUT HE IS SO ADORABLE.! ;~; it's amazing how him being the vocalist and being the funniest member fits. Aside from the music they perform, Hyunsong knows just how to liven up a crowd. He is also the most alcoholic. Sunbin once told a friend of theirs that their Friday went well not until; Hyunsong got drunk. I can only imagine what crazy things he does when they party. I know they think Shaun is the most talented, but for me, it's Hyunsong. He does the guitar, piano, drums, he sings. Even though he's a big guy, he's very much sports-oriented, too. AND! He has a dog. A very adorable dog.

 

Fourth, Saron.
Shin Saron. July 16, 1988
First, I have recent photos of Saron but because of respect, I decided not to put it here. He's the band's official drummer but right now he's serving his military duties. According to him, he should be back with the group this winter of 2016. I AM SO EXCITED.! For me, Saron is the most mysterious among the group. Unlike Shaun and Sooryun who like talking and smiles during interviews, Saron just stays put and smiles. But maybe, less talk, less mistake, right? On a personal level, Saron is such an awesome and nice person. He is really friendly. And even though he barely speaks, he appreciates the fans so much (the reason I was able to talk to him every now and then when he's free from his duties). He is also really close with his sister. Unlike the rest of the members who became musicians naturally and without much hassle, Saron went through the struggles of his family not approving his dream to pursue music. He, until their debut, still faced so much difficulties because of it. Hopefully, everything's already fine now.

 Then there's Sunbin.
Park Sunbin. June 28, 1986
First off, Sunbin is the oldest from all of them. BUT DO YOU SEE THAT CUTE FACE HE HAS?! GOSH! He's adorable. I don't know if he's the most mature or most responsible, but based from everything I saw, He's just as crazy as Hyunsong sometimes. XD lol But he certainly is a good hyung. Both Shaun and Sooryun can confide in him so easily and he supports everyone even in their solo activities. Other than being in the KOXX, Sunbin is also part of the band Life&Time, which I will introduce later. XD 

 

Then there's Ryu Junyeol.
Junyeol is a fill-in drummer for the band while Saron is away. (that's him in an all-black outift.. :D) Junyeol became part of Glen Check back in 2011 and left after the band's full-length album. The boys are really close with Glen CHeck and with him so when they thought of someone to help them out, Junyeol was the first in mind.He's a great addition to the band. He's the youngest and the boys usually boss him around but they love him. He's pretty cool and funny, too so I guess that's why they love him. Comparing his and Saron's skills is unfair but I can say this. There's really just a different energy as to how Saron handles the drums. Junyeol doesn't have that....yet. lol Oh yeah. This photo was taken during the KOXX's Magazine Vol.3 concert. Usually, they don't let Junyeol join group photos because officially he isn't a part of the band. But you know, Saron was part of that crowd in the concert. He watched the band perform. And I guess he gave a signal to let Junyeol join in because he has filled his spot well. (I suddenly miss Saron. T^T)

  

Then there's the Solutions.
Composed of members (left to right): Park Sol, Park Hansol, Naru, and Kwon Ohkyung.
They're the reason I listend to all of the artists from Happy Robot Records. Their music is also so fun and nice. They debuted with only two members before, Naru and Park Sol. These fellas are also really close with the KOXX (well,yeah. They're from the same label. lol)

 

 

 Life&Time
Composed of The KOXX's Sunbin, Loro's Jinsil and drummer Im Sangwook.
Ultimately, this band was created during the KOXX"s hiatus. Sunbin was the only member not enlisting and so he was idle. THe thought of creating a band with the other members came becuase Loro was also on hiatus. Their music isn't really that different from their originating bands and that surprised me. They also all were born in 1986. Actually, I wouldn't have been aware of Life&Time if it wasn't for Epik High. Tablo kept on promoting them and so I was curious. And I never regretted it. Sangwook is pretty much the silent type. Jinsil is crazy, that' all I can say. XD lol But I admire how he has a lot of friends from the scene. He's even starting to work inside HIGHGND. I hope the KOXX visits them, too. T^T

 

 MYK
Michael Y. Kim (thus MYK). Sept. 14, 1984.
People might know him better as one of Tablo's very good friends. He is. He really is. He's a rapper, DJ and producer, and I have loved him because of that. However, he also has a softer alter ego and he shows that through his other moniker, SaltNPaper. I added him into the story thinking that EunJ would have been introduced to him through Epik High however, I just also realized that MYK is also good friends with Jinsil and Sunbin. Yes. You heard that right. And so it just made sense to put him there.

 

 

 DJ King MCK
Minchan Kim. And no. I do not know his birthday. LOL
So some of you may have heard of this guy already since he's considered to be part of the KHiphop scene, he';s with the crew DDNDMMNT (read as Deadend Movement), the same crew as ther videographer DHL, model&stylist Sooyeon (who is Okasian's girlfriend). He is one of the hottest DJs right now, both in Korea and other countries. Being raised in America, he speaks English so he can communicate with a lot of nationalities really good. He's such a crazy and talented guy. The reason I put him here is because him and Shaun are friends. LOL When Club The A opened in 2013, Vandal Rock, Shaun and KingMCK were regular DJs. Until KingMCK. Then you can see Shaun and King MCK both in HEADLINER, the DJ survival show MNET launched last year. I ing hatte the last part because Shaun went against King MCK. Even though I love Shaun, it was stupid of him to choose King MCK because that guy was just too good for him. Sorry loves. LOL

  

VANDAL ROCK
He's also a DJ at Club The A.
Fans of his have an OTP name between him and Shaun.. VandalShaun <3 and yes. They both know that. they don't usually talk about it on SNS but somehow, him and Shaun have become bestfriends since joining the club. And it's cute. They both are pretty crazy as friends and they usually become a unit whenever they have sets. The music they do are pretty nice. 
 

 

 

THE BARBERETTES
Composed of Sohee Park, Grace Kim and Shinae Ahn Wheeler.
They're a retro/doo-wop/ballad trio that is not just popular in Korea but internationally as well. They started doing covers of songs from the years 1930-1960's. And has released their first album in 2014. They said Grace left the group in November 2015 and was replaced bu Sunnie Kim. However, I haven't seen a photo of her yet since they haven't been doing much activities since then. You haven't read them in the story yet but in the next chapters you'll see their names (except Sunnie's). I found out that Epik High are good friends with these people and they often spend Sunday lunches together with other friends including The KOXX and PType. And... I am actually hoping that they add these girls into HIGHGRND.

 

 Han Seungjae
AKA Dontcallmeadog (his Instagram username). Dec. 16, 1993
This guy is a model and tattoo artist. He's been able to put ink on some of the people you might be following in the Korean Hiphop scene. And because of that, he is friends with a lot of people from the scene. I feel so proud and happy for him. For me, he is a the embodiment of living art. Just look at that face and those tattoos. He is just so beautiful. He is also a member of the culture crew ROCKBOTTOM. Seungjae is a very free and fun spirit. I was given a chance to talk to him last year and yes. He is crazily fun! He is such a nice person as well, friendly as well. There are problems right now in a one circle of his friends and he is very much affected of it but he stays strong. 

 

 This is i11evn.
Choi Ikje. Feb 19, 1987
He's a rapper from Factory Boi Records (the same label as Lil Cham <3). So, I've been a fan of this guy since 2011 and he's still amazing until now. He's the oldest from Rockbottom but certainly looks as young as the other members. I wanted to put him in the story because he's really crazy and fun (and sometimes blunt. lol)

 

 

 

This is KIDOH.
Jin Hyosang. Dec. 16, 1992
So he was first introduced into the world as a member of Topp Dogg but afterwards left, both the group and the label, Stardom (now Hunus Entertainment). He left because it's said that Stardom was unfair towards their contract with him, and no matter what ou say, the past management was just so ty. Hopefully now, everything would have already changed. So he was part of DaeNamHyup and now ROCKBOTTOM. It's said that DNH already broke up (and I have first-hand info that they really are) so that's sad. But hopefully with Rockbottom, everything will be all right. Kidoh seems to be such a nice guy so I thought that him being one of EunJ's closests friends would be just fine.

 

DAENAMHYUP
So from left to right that's Iron, Supreme Boi, Kidoh, Marvel J, i11evn, Kyum2. Other members not in this photo is DJ Snatch, Samsoon and Rap Monster.
They are actually one of my favorite crews from back in 2014. I was already a fan of i11evn, Marvel J and Supreme Boi even before i learned they were all part of the same crew. and they are amazing. All of them are crazy and very much talented. I was able to meet one of their members personally and it was an experience I will never exchange for anything. Marvel J is their leader and I am really proud of him because at a young age, a lot of his seniors have already commended him for his skills, whoch includes beatboxing. But he also looks like an innocent guy and that's why I wanted EunJ to be close with him as well. Supreme Boi used to be a big crush of mine. Just look at that face! He's handsome. But he usuially gets on my nerve. LOL IRON, of course, a lot of us know him. I am not a fan of his style but when we say he has skills, he really has them and he's good in his craft. They say IRON is very reserved but still friendly and nice. Just a little awkward but I guess that's fine. Since he was born in the same month/Zodiac as with Shaun and EunJ, I thought that it would be nice to make him one of the people EunJ is really comfortable with.

 ROCKBOTTOM

The members from left to right: Hashmate, Han seungjae, Kim Sunghyun, Rwam, Type C, Supreme Boi, i11evn, Hongsamman, Kidoh.
So I've mentioned the other members. Kim Sunghyun, if you don't know him, he was BTS' creative director back from their debut era. He's a stylist and a guitarist and he's already an 86-liner. Rwam is their vocalist and he is so good. So So good. Hashmate is a DJ and he's damn good as well. Hongsamman is a producer. He hasn't done so much yet but he id produce Supreme Boi's Hawaii so I guess that's give you an idea on how good he is. Then there's TypeC. Actually, the reason I wanted to put Rockbottom in this fanfic was not the fact that I love these freaks but beacuse in real life, Type C is good friends Shaun and the rest of the KOXX. I was surprised to see a photo of Seungjae on Shaun's Instagram looking like the two had a date or something. Then when I stalked TypeC's Facebook account (LOL stalker life. XD), there were posts and comments from Shaun acting like a clingy dongsaeng saying "saranghae" and "bogoshippeo" so casually. URGH.! Now I wonder if the KOXX have met all of ROCKBOTTOM as well. They probably have since Type C acts like the crew's leader or something.

 

 BLOCK B

members Zico, Jaehyo, Kyung, UKwon, BBOmb, Taeil, PO

Okay. Everyone knows them. Thank you. Because they are one of my mot favorite KPOP groups EVER.! I've watched them at a concert once and that was a day I could never forget. They were just so amazing. So anyway, yeah. HAHAHA! The reason I put them in this fanfic was because I just really wanted to. LOL But it fits Because since EunJ was a rapper, it was logical that her friends would come from the same scene. And there comes Zico. I did say Simon D was EunJ's mentor and dad, and thus she met other senior rappers that could help her. But meeting Zico paved her way to meet other rookie rappers, like how she became friends with Andup and Ja Mezz who I mentioned in the first chapters.