Too Late

It Was All Worth It

"Sangwook and Junyeol already came?" Sunbin heard one of the PD's say in surprise.

Life&Time's drummer wasn't scheduled to come to the interview because of personal reasons. And so Sunbun was surprised to have heard the news. Junyeol was invited at a very late notice.

"Can they come out and have an interview with us? We haven't started yet anyway," said Hyunsong delighted.

The female PD just raised his shoulders and looked at the other staff. "That would be fun. Take him out," said MYK looking back from his seat.

Minutes later, Jinsil, Sangwook and Junyeol came out with Sunbin pushing them both on their shoulders. "I'm already done with this!" said Jinsil.

"Come on. You know how we all love to tease Shaun all together," smiled Vandal Rock.

"Now, I'm kinda hoping we invited Thronapple to this interview. It would have been much more fun," said Sooryun.

"What am I supposed to do? Where is Shaun?" asked Sangwook as he took a seat in front of the camera. "Is that already rolling?" he asked pointing at it.

"They never shut it down," said King MCK.

"Did your manager say yes?" Hyunsong asked Junyeol.

"Yeah. He couldn't do anything anymore. I was already at the door when I called," laughed Junyeol.

"Smart choice," said Sunbin.

"The interview's about Shaun and Ji Eun-ah," said Jinsil as he sat between Sangwook and Sunbin. All the others stood behind Life&Time as MYK asked a question towards Sangwook and Junyeol.

"I don't know much about them," said Junyeol.

"How about you Sangwook-ssi?" asked MYK.

"Other than me loving them together, there also isn't much of what I know about their past. I only was introduced to Ji Eun early 2014," said Sangwook.

"I introduced them to her. We were just starting as a band and Ji Eun tried to support me all throughout," said Sunbin.

"There was one instance I remember though," said Sangwook.

"Wait. I have to commend you people," said Jinsil. "Sangwook barely talks in front of a camera but you guys are actually making him tell a story. This is new."

"He can't even tell us what he ate last night if we don't force him out of it," said Hyunsong.

"What?! This is interesting," said Sangwook.

"Hyung, are you going to tell them about the time when we watched a concert?" asked Junyeol reaching for Sangwook's arm.

"Yes," answered Sangwook.

"Aaah! I remember that!" exclaimed Sunbin.

"Wait. What concert?" said Sooryun. "Why are you guys watching concerts without us knowing?!"

~

"Sunbin oppa invited me to watch JYJ sunbae's concert. I need to get there before it totally ends," said Ji Eun.

"I don't think we'll make it even to the encore," said Kang Seungyoon as he turned to look at her from the front seat of the car.

"I don't care. I have to be there and see them. And probably be able to see Jaejoong oppa," said Ji Eun as she stared at her phone.

"Okay. All right. Let's go," said their driver as he sped up the freeway outside of Busan.

Meanwhile...

Shaun, Sunbin, Junyeol, Sol, Sangwook, Jinsil and Saron were still sitting at the second box, waiting for the people to file out. Shaun kept checking his phone waiting for someone.

"Why don't you just call her already?" asked Saron.

"I don't know. She said she was in Busan. I didn't want to disturb her vacation there," said Shaun. "And besides, she doesn't really like JYJ."

"But she knows Jaejoong-ssi, right?" answered Sangwook.

"I wish I could call her. But my phone already died," said Sunbin turning his phone between his fingers, sighing.

"We should get one of those power banks the staff were telling us," said Sol.

Soon, a staff approached their group and said that JYJ were already waiting for them backstage. They all stood up and followed him down to the stage, behind it and into the dressing rooms. Jaejoong had his arms wide open for Shaun when he stepped in.

"And here is the guy behind my amazing single," smiled Jaejoong as he hugged him. "Did you enjoy the show?" he continued to ask.

"It was amazing. Your vocals are as good as always," said Shaun releasing his hyung.

"Thank you," said Jaejoong shaking his hand.

"I recognize you," said Junsu pointing at Jinsil. "You're a member of Loro," he said shaking his hand.

"I am. It's nice meeting you," smiled Jinsil.

"That other guy is the one from KPOP Star," said Yoochun, pointing at Sol while hugging Saron.

"He's part of The Solutions, right?" asked Jaejoong.

"Looks like you know a lot about us," smiled Shaun.

"We listen to a lot of artists, whether famous or not. And the people from Happy Robot Records are all cool," smiled Jaejoong.

"So, you guys want to grab dinner with us tonight? Just to celebrate the success of the concert?" invited Junsu.

"Ah. Hyung, that's too much," said Shaun.

"That's fine. I'd like to get to know all of you," said Jaejoong. "And besides, you still owe me that story about your girlfriend," he said teasing his dongsaeng.

"Eh? You told them about EunJ?" said Sol in surprise.

"Who? EunJ?" asked Yoochun.

"EunJ? Don't tell me that's EunJ the rapper?" asked Jaejoong. Shaun sheepishly smiled at the mention of her. "I didn't know she had a boyfriend. All I thought was that Loco guy from AOMG had a thing for her," he continued.

"Eh?" reacted Shaun in surprise.

"That was just a rumor. Don't worry," smiled Jaejoong.

"But is EunJ really your girlfriend?" asked Junsu.

"They're not yet together together," said Junyeol.

"But they're getting there," smiled Sunbin.

"You got a good catch, Yoonho-ssi," said Junsu with a hearty smile. "EunJ is a very nice and talented girl."

The boys didn't take Jaejoong's invite to join them at dinner. Shaun needed to travel back to camp and the others didn't feel like spending another hour awake. They all went back to their cars at the parking with JYJ and their staff.

Shaun was about to get in his car with Sunbin, Sol and Saron when a black car stopped 4 spaces from them. He thought it was weird that someone would come to the show when it was already over.

"Are we going or what?" said Sol waving at him from inside the car. "Get in. I have to do some producing back at the studio," he said sitting back properly. Sunbin and Saron were already at the back.

Shaun slid down and started the engine. "You guys are useless, really," he said as he put his seatbelt on.

Ji Eun and Kang Seungyoon got out of the car as soon as it stopped. Ji Eun saw a car pull up and drive away from the parking space. Then, Jaejoong saw them and called out their names.

"Jaejoong oppa!" greeted Ji Eun as she approached and hugged him. Kang Seungyoon bowed and greeted his sunbae as well.

"Why were you late?" he asked after the two were able to greet everyone in the group.

"Well, we got held up at Busan and the traffic jam at the express way was crazy," said Ji Eun.

"Aaww. Too bad. You weren't able to catch Sunbin and Shaun," said Jaejoong.

"HUH?!"

The doors of the car beside them suddenly opened and Jinsil put his head out. "Ji Eun-ah," he said.

"Jinsil oppa? Why are you here?" asked Ji Eun.

"We watched the show," said Junyeol.

"We were with Sunbin, Saron, Sol and Shaun," answered Sangwook.

"Shaun oppa?! He was here?!" said Ji Eun.

"Yeah. Their car just drove away," said Junyeol as he stepped out of the car.

"AISH.!" exclaimed Ji Eun.

"I'll try to call Sunbin," said Sangwook taking his phone out.

At that moment, Jaejoong tapped Ji Eun's shoulder and smiled as she turned to look at him. "Why didn't you tell me Shaun was your boyfriend?" he asked.

"Huh?! How did you know that?" asked Ji Eun.

"The boys told me. They had a lot of stories for me," smiled Jaejoong.

Well, he isn't really my boyfriend yet. But when I suggested you try and listen to his songs, I did that because I know he's a good producer and you can surely create something amazing with him," answered Ji Eun.

"Well, I was only with him inside the studio for a day or two, and I think you two make up a good pair," smiled Jaejoong. "Take care of his heart," he smiled as he leaned down to Ji Eun's level.

"He's not answering," said Jinsil.

"I was just about to tell you that he mentioned not bringing a power bank earlier because his phone died," said Sangwook sitting back on the car.