At Happy Robot

It Was All Worth It

"Hello KOXX!" greeted Jinsil with his arms wide open as he walked into the studio.

"Yo!" greeted Sunbin. He was adjusting the volume to his bass guitar and he didn't look up.

"What's up, hyung?" said Shaun smiling at him before opening his song book.

All the other members were busy with their instruments, too. Junyeol was on the drums with his earphones on. "Hi hyung," he greeted with his usual gummy smile.

"What's this rehearsal for? You don't have schedules any time soon right?" asked Jinsil.

"I invited them to my KOXX Magazine. Just 3 songs. So here," answered Sunbin.

"And he asked for it in the last minute," said Sooryun.

"Are you complaining?!" said Sunbin.

"No. I'm not. I love performing! I'm complaining because I still have a hangover and this isn't helping," said Sooryun.

"Who even told you to drink too much last night?" asked Shaun.

"No one," answered Sooryun taking a chair and sitting down. "But it was kinda fun drinking alone with my thoughts," he continued smiling.

"Why are you here, by the way?" asked Hyunsong mockingly. "Don't you have something else to do?"

"Nothing. Yet. Me and Glen Check are meeting tonight. I have a song I want them to listen to," said Jinsil.

"Give them my regards," said Shaun. "It's been 5 months since we last met up, right?"

"I think so. Yeah," said Sunbin.

"So Shaun, what did the bosses tell you about the dating thing? Will they release a statement?" asked Jinsil with his arms folded.

"You look like the managers with your arms folded like that," said Junyeol teasingly. Jinsil took it as a joke and tried to furrow his eyebrows and moving his feet farther apart.

"Haven't you heard yet? They're not saying anything," said Shaun in a happy tone.

"Why?" said Jinsil as he stood back properly, taking one of the spare guitars and strumming on it lightly.

"Didn't you hear? They're planning to talk it over with YG Entertainment. I don't think they'll deny it. But they just wanted to get things straight and the same," said Hyunsong.

"I'd like it that way," smiled Shaun.

"Dilemmas of being in a relationship with an idol," said Jinsil whistling at the end.

"Well, Ji Eun isn't really an idol. She's a rapper," said Sooryun.

"She's a mean rapper," laughed Sunbin.

Shaun started to key in "The Words" and everyone else followed. Even Jinsil strummed the chords along to the song with the spare guitar beside Sooryun. They were right in the middle of it when the studio door opened again. It was Sungmin, one of their higher managers. The music stopped and they greeted him. Him being in the studio didn't always meant good news and so they had to be ready. They stepped away from their instruments and gathered near their manager.

"You look like you've seen a ghost," said Sungmin.

"We... We're just surprised you're here," said Hyunsong removing his guitar's strap from his shoulder.

"I'm not here to scold you or anything. I have news," Sungmin smiled. Everyone looked at each other and hesitated to talk. "You have an interview on Saturday. The KOXX, Life&Time and the Solutions. Be ready. I don't want you looking like ," said Sungmin smiling.

"Woah. That's the first time he cursed at us," smiled Sooryun.

"First time, yes. But joking, I'm not," said Sungmin raising an eyebrow. Sooryun pursed his lips quickly together and stood straight. "Be ready because I know you will all enjoy that day," he said before raising an arm and walking away.

The men all looked at each other and said nothing. But the door to their studio opened again and the boys from the Solutions came in.

"Did he tell you already?" asked Ohkyung.

"Yeah. Did you already know?" asked Hyunsong.

"He came to us first. We were recording upstairs," said Sol walking inside with his guitar bag.

"What do you think it's for? Is it a magazine interview? If it is, I can't be there," said Junyeol.

"I don't think it's a magazine interview," said Jinsil.

"It's not. We have an idea about it," said Hansol with a wide grin.