Noonas

It Was All Worth It

"It's 2ne1's turn. Please step outside," said one of the female PD's.

"Omo omo omo," jittered Bom as she got up the sofa, pulling her dress's skirt down.

"Let's go girls!" cheered CL as she walked out of the room hand in hand with Minzy.

"Fighting!" said Dara pumping her fists then pulling Bom to follow her.

"Don't they look beautiful when they act cute?" smiled TOP.

The girls rushed outside, giggling like they were teenage girls. CL saw Zico beside a staff as he chugged down a bottle of water. The other girls stopped when they saw him, too. "Zico?!" she called very curiously.

The man looked around and saw 2ne1. He smiled to himself thinking how lucky he was to be recognized by them, not to mention CL. Just then Dara pointed at something past him. "Simon D sunbaenim," she said as the man turned and saw them.

CL approached Zico excitedly and asked, "What are you doing here?"

Zico bowed as he greeted CL. He was unable to speak but smiled. Simon D held on his shoulders and became even more nervous. He only relaxed when Minzy suddenly said, "Will you be interviewed as well?"

Then, Seungjae walked off the white room and saw 2ne1 with Zico. "Dara noona. Minzy-ssi," he said. The girls turned their heads to look at him and greeted each other. "It's your turn now," he smiled. All the girls suddenly had weird looks at all of them. 

Bom raised an eyebrow and sternly said, "What's going on?"

"This is going to be a special interview," said Simon D. "You girls will be the guests. Just go through what a normal interview is like."

"And where do the three of you get in the picture?" asked CL.

"That's the fun part," smirked Simon D. "We're the ones asking the questions."

"Eh?!" reacted Dara. "Not you!" she shrieked covering her face.

"See?! Even 2ne1 are scared of you," said Zico snickering at his hyung.

"Hey, I'm a nice guy. You guys shouldn't be scared of me," smiled Simon D proudly. "Come on. Let's start your interview so we can already head to Yang Hyunsuk sunbae," he continued walking over to the white room, everyone else following him.

Minzy walked last and caught up with Seungjae. "Does Ji Eun know you're here?" she asked.

"No. She doesn't know. So make sure it remains a secret until you come back," said Seungjae. "The other members of ROCKBOTTOM are in this warehouse as well," he continued.

"I knew that this interview would be about Shaun-ssi and Ji Eun but I never knew they'd ask other people to become hosts or something," said Dara.

"You people are really making me feel so old for not having a boyfriend like Ji Eun," pouted Bom.

"I told you, you should date me," grinned Simon D.

"Eh?! I don't like you," said Bom seriously.

"Ooh.. Dumped right on the spot," said Seungjae teasingly.

"Shut up," sneered Simon D at him. "Why don't we start with the first question then? How did you learn about Ji Eun dating Shaun?" he asked the girls as they sat on the stools in the white room.

The four all looked at each other, telling the other to answer the question. "Well," started Dara. "Chaerin-ah will answer," she said smiling.

"Eh?! Why me?!" reacted CL. She only managed to smile as she faced the three men again. "Actually, it was during one of our rehearsals during All Or Nothing era that we first learned about it. I didn't know who she was dating but we always heard the Epik High sunbaes teasing her, asking her about a guy. The WINNER dongsaengs knew about it as well," explained CL.

"During that time, we were rehearsing our dances. Ji Eun was also rehearsing for a show and she occupied the studio next to ours. After our time, we went to her and we spent the night gossiping about her," said Dara.

~

"Come on. We alsays heard the boys saying you were already taken but we never knew who," insisted Bom as she took an Indian seat on the floor.

"I'm sure that's not Jay Park sunbae," said Minzy.

"So, who is it? Is it true you're dating that model?" asked CL.

"Model?! You mean Han Seungjae?! No way! He's just my friend. Ask Marshall Bang oppa!" said Ji Eun defensively.

"That guy is cute," said Dara taking Ji Eun's pillow from the bench then putting it on the mat the younger was on, lying on it.

"So, who is it?" asked CL excitedly, sitting beside Bom.

"Well, you might not know him. His name is Kim Yoonho," said Ji Eun.

"Oh my god! Kim Yunho?! Of DBSK?!" said Bom covering in disbelief. "Why didn't you tell us you had a thing for him?"

"Eonnie! No. Not that Yunho," said Ji Eun laughing. "His name is Kim Yoonho but he's much more known as Shaun. I don't think you know him," she said shyly, looking down on the mat.

"Then tell us!" said CL slapping her lap. "Treat this as our little girl talk moment."

"Uhm.. Well...," said Ji Eun relaxing more. Minzy sat beside her and hugged her arm. "Shaun... He's a DJ and he's also a member of the KOXX, an indie rock band," she said.

"The KOXX?" said Dara raising an eyebrow.

"I told you. You don't know them," said Ji Eun pouting.

"No. Stop," said Bom putting a hand right in front of her. "Who said we didn't know them?" she said.

"We know the KOXX," said Dara. "We know their debut song, Troublemaker. A lot of their songs are cool." 

"Yeah. I was just listening to City Without A Star the other day," said CL. "I can't believe you know them!"

"I think Bommie eonnie knows one of the members," said Minzy pointing at the woman older than her.

"Well, I don't really know them like we're friends. Remember, my sister plays the cello? She knows the KOXX's vocalist, Hyunsonggie. He went to the same high school as her and both went to the same university, Howon. They had different majors but she said something like Hyunsong was a talented kid and he tried to play every instrument there is in a band and orchestra. I eventually met him once at a gathering at their university and was also introduced to the drummer, Shin Saron-ssi. They are all cool," explained.

"Oh my god. They never told me you knew them," said Ji Eun.

"As I said. We weren't close. Just the type of acquaintances where you know each other's names," laughed Bom. "But I've been eyeing them ever since they won Hello Rookie."

"It's a shame they're on hiatus though. Their music is cool," said Minzy.

"But anyway," said Dara sitting up then waving her hands everywhere. "Why didn't you tell us you were dating Shaun?" she asked Ji Eun.

"That's the guy that does DJ-ing at the new club in Hongdae right? Club The A?" asked CL. "He's cute. And tall. And his sets are always so cool," she said.

"You've seen him in The A?" asked Ji Eun.

"Yeah. Three times already. I know King MCK. He's like one of the best DJ's out there. He used to DJ there. Shaun was already in The A before Minchan left. I kept on coming back especially when I know Shaun's on the turntable. His sets are fun and people go crazy. He's at his best when he's doing a set with either Vandal Rock or Soundfuze," CL told them.

"I never seen him do his DJ stints though and I don't know the people he works with there," said Ji Eun hugging her knees together. "But I know King MCK because of the Cohort people," she said.

"You should try to go to clubs more often. Especially The A," said CL.

"How did the two of you meet?" asked Dara.

"Epik High papas introduced them to me. They've been friends for a long time now. That was 2012 when I met them," answered Ji Eun.

"Eh?! Why didn't Tablo oppa introduce them to us as well?!" complained Bom pouting.

"So?! When did you start dating?" asked CL.

"I don't know. I mean, we didn't really date like real couples back then. I mean, we didn't really say that we like each other. We just really felt real close. They just let me tag along whenever the band eats or goes somewhere. I haven't debuted then so I had a lot of time," said Ji Eun.

"Ah. Love stories that start off as friendship are always so romantic," said Dara.

"When did you feel that you like him?" asked CL.

"Uhm... I don't know exactly. All I knew was that I love seeing him, I love being with him, I love looking at his smile, I love laughing along with him. I guess... I just really told myself that I love him the day I first kissed his cheek," said Ji Eun smiling.

"Omo. You did?! When was that? Were you the first one to kiss him?" asked Dara.

"Uhm... No. Shaun would always kiss my forehead back then. But I always thought it was just a kind gesture because all of the KOXX oppas love patting my head," explained Ji Eun.

"Eh?!" said Bom. "Remember. When a guy kisses your forehead, that's already something nice. That means they love you but they also respect you too much to do something stupid," she said.

"I agree. Sometimes, people who do that are scared to do a move to get you because they're not sure themselves if they're ready," said CL. "Aish. I sound like a love expert," she continued as she giggled.

"I didn't know about that," said Ji Eun pouting.

"So are you two like... Seriously together or what?" asked Minzy.

"No. I mean... Maybe. I don't know," said Ji Eun hesitantly.

"What do you mean, you don't know?!" asked Bom.

"The day we confessed to each other was the day he went to the army. So, it was natural we couldn't say we were officially together when we were apart," said Ji Eun looking at them. The girls didn't answer. She saw CL Bom pouting. "I'm sure I love him and I know he loves me back the same way but we knew it was impossible to be together while he was there. He could go out and still do other work but we were never able to see each other. We could barely talk even through the phone. It became harder ever since I debuted as well," she explained.

"But do you send him messages? SMS? Kakao?" asked Minzy.

"He doesn't have Kakao yet. But I always send him good mornings and those stuff. He'll reply whenever he can. It's sad that we can't have a long conversation though," said Ji Eun.

"Do you think you could call him now?" asked Bom.

"Huh?! I don't know. It's already 1am," said Ji Eun looking at the wall clock on one of the walls of the studio.

"Try it. I want to hear his voice," insisted Bom cutely.

"Well, I don't know if he's awake but we can try," said Ji Eun taking her phone out of her jacket's pocket. "I really hope he's awake," she whispered to herself. Ji Eun dialed the number and hoped that someone would pick up, that Shaun was still awake. She put it against her ear and waited, the other girls covering their mouths with excitement in their eyes.

Luckily, someone picked up, the sound of sleepiness evident in their voice.

"Hello?"

"Yeobeoseyo, Shaun oppa?"

"Who is this?"

"Yah oppa! This is Ahn Ji Eun. Do you not recognize my voice?"

Ji Eun pouted and listened. There was a moment of silence. Then she heard shuffling on the other line, sounding like a bed creaking. Then she heard steps and what sounded like paper moving.

"Oppa? Are you all right?"

"Yeah. I am. Sorry about that. I was already in bed with my eyes closed trying to fall asleep when I answered. I didn't read the name on the call and just talked. I just got up and sat away from the bunks. The others are already asleep. I'm sorry, Ji Eun-ssi."

Ji Eun could clearly hear the fatigue in his voice and regretted calling him at this hour. "I'm sorry. Do you want to sleep now, oppa? I could call you some other time."

"Are you kidding?! This is the third time we caught each other awake at a call. I wouldn't miss it. I miss your voice. I miss you, Ji Eun. Please. Keep on talking."

This time, Ji Eun heard joy in his voice and she smiled as well. "I miss you, too, oppa. What have you done all day? You sound tired."

"Just the normal duties. I was just assigned to clean up the mess hall after dinner so I was really tired."

"Oh. Are you already on night duty?"

"Not yet. I hope I could. But I don't know. How have you been Ji Eun? Why are you still awake?"

"Uhm... I was rehearsing for a stage and I'm still at the studio."

"Really? When will it be?"

"The stage? On Saturday."

"Are you done? Have you memorized your steps? I hope you didn't forget to eat dinner before you practiced?"

"I didn't forget that. I had dinner with Zico and Andup actually."

"Aaww. I wish I was with you."

"I wish, too."

"Aren't you going home yet? It's already late, Ji Eun-ah. Make sure you go home with someone."

"I will. Actually, I'm with 2ne1 eonnies right now. Do you want to talk to them?"

"Eh? That's embarrassing. I haven't seen Bom-sunbae in a long while."

"That's all right," said Ji Eun smiling. She removed the phone from her ear and put it on speaker, placing it close to . 2ne1 leaned in closer and spoke.

"Hello Shaun-ssi! This is Park Bom," she said.

"Hello sunbaenim!"

"Aish. Don't call me sunbae. It makes me feel so old. Noona. Call me noona," said Bom smiling.

"Me, too! Hello Shaun! This is Park Sandara! Please call me noona as well," she said.

"Hahaha! Hello Bom noona! Hello Sandara noona!"

"Hello Shaun oppa! This is Gong Minji!"

"Hello Minzy-ssi. Ji Eun said you were one of her good friends. It's nice to talk to you."

"It's nice to talk to you, too!" said Minzy.

"Hello Shaun-ssi! This is Lee Chaerin. I'm a fan of yours actually. Thank you for taking care of our Ji Eun dongsaeng."

"Ah. CL-ssi! Hello! I don't know why you're a fan of mine but thank you!"

"I go to Club The A whenever you do sets there. And I love your mixes. I'm inviting Ji Eun to come with me some time so she can see you," said CL.

"Ah. Really? But Ji Eun doesn't like going to clubs. And I don't let her unless she's with someone."

"Aish. Don't worry about that. Ji Eun is already a big girl," said Bom.

"And I won't go there without someone with us. Don't worry, Shaun-ssi," assured CL.

"Well, the decision still rests with Ji Eun if she'll go or not. But I guess, I'm fine with it."

"Do you miss Ji Eun?" asked Dara.

"Of course, I do. Everyday."

Ji Eun suddenly smiled and bit her lips together. "Aww. Look at that. Ji Eun is blushing," said Bom. They heard Shaun laugh and all the others started smiling.

"Could we meet you once you end your service?" asked Minzy.

"Of course. And I think it's going to be soon."

"Yay! I want to see the man that makes our Ji Eun dongsaeng blush," said Dara.

"What do you miss most about Ji Eun, Shaun-ssi?" asked Bom.

"Uhm... Hmmm.. A lot. I miss her hugs. I miss the way she pouts. I miss it when she looks at me and I stare back. I miss how much she gets irritated when I with Sol-ssi. I miss her hands holding mine. I miss it whenever she says how much she likes the KOXX's songs. I miss seeing her happy with my hyungs at the band. I miss it when she shares something new to me. I miss how much she loves my cat. I miss whenever she'll ask me to go to a cafe and stare at nothing. I miss how she stands with the crowd at our shows and I see how happy she is. I miss it whenever she cries because she hasn't eaten yet and we still stall her. I miss it whenever I pat her head. I miss everything about her."

All of them were silent. Ji Eun bowed her head and bit her lips trying hard not to cry. Minzy put a hand behind her and leaned her head on her shoulder, trying to comfort her. CL was about to speak when Shaun started.

"I miss you so much Ji Eun-ah. I hope I didn't make you cry or shy in front of your eonnies. I'm happy you called."

"I miss you, too, oppa. Don't worry. I'm not crying. I hope you come back real soon."

"It's going to be soon, Ji Eun. I promise. Don't worry. I love you."

"I love you. You better get back to sleep. You still have a day on duty tomorrow."

"I will. Take care, Ji Eun-ah. Sleep well and get some good rest. I love you."

"I love you, too, oppa."

Ji Eun ended the call and held tight to her phone. "We're sorry, Ji Eun," she heard CL say.

She looked up and smiled at them. "It's okay, eonnie. If you didn't tell me, I wouldn't call him. I wouldn't have been able to talk to him. Thank you. Because of you , I heard him say those things," she said with a smile, trying hard to push her tears back from falling.

"He loves you so much. I haven't seen him but the way he said those things, they were so sincere," siad Bom.

"All the waiting, both of your sacrifices for each other, everything..." said CL as she placed a hand on her shoulder. "Everything will be worth it in the end."